Picofly AIO Thread

TheBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Can you try another module? or try this module on another unit.
As i suspect the male conector in sdcard module is easier to get issue.
I removed flex cable for mosfets, It recognizes SD card in ofw Iwill try bare mosfet version tonight.

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Haven't checked yet as I've been busy, will probably check tomorrow morning

edit: So just checked, 7 responses.

So far the most common factors are;

• Switch Lite - (57.1%)
  • Rp2040-zero/one - (85.7%)
  • Mosfet install - (71.4%)
  • Dual Mosfet - (60%)
  • Most Common Mosfet - IRFHS8342
  • No SCA/SLC - (100%)
  • Memory - Toshiba/skhynix (42.9%)
  • 47Ohm Resistors - (71.4%)
  • Blue Screen - (57.1%)
  • Console worked before closing - (57.1%)
If others wish to reply the survey is here
Thanks @Adran_Marit . This is interesting data and as of yesterday I was thinking maybe the pico isn't the best suited for the Lite. If my reball yields nothing significant. Then im going to call it done for me because its just too much headache to fix and I'm all out of ideas for it. Will probably get a new one and try a hwfly install. Even if it costs bit more than pico at least it'll work. Though for v1/v2/oled it's Pico all the way as I feel they're more suitable for it thus far. Thank you for the insightful data 👍🏻

Reactions: dmrojasc

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks @Adran_Marit . This is interesting data and as of yesterday I was thinking maybe the pico isn't the best suited for the Lite. If my reball yields nothing significant. Then im going to call it done for me because its just too much headache to fix and I'm all out of ideas for it. Will probably get a new one and try a hwfly install. Even if it costs bit more than pico at least it'll work. Though for v1/v2/oled it's Pico all the way as I feel they're more suitable for it thus far. Thank you for the insightful data 👍🏻
What ?, ive install >10 lites, no issue at all, single mosfet all. No victim unit yet. The most issue i had was only because human error and all is recoverable. Sure this picofly is suitable for lite model.

Reactions: LuigiGad

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
What ?, ive install >10 lites, no issue at all, single mosfet all. No victim unit yet. The most issue i had was only because human error and all is recoverable. Sure this picofly is suitable for lite model.
In my case, I did use a beta 2.72fw that had clk error. So could be that but there are a lot of people on here with Lite pico problems with more stable fw. Don't know what to say tbh.

dmrojasc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hi, maybe the picofly for lite is suitable for the soldering proficient. v1/v2 erista are more easier for me: i used the alternative pins (on the emmc board) and those are more separated…
as for my purple screen lite, i’ll send it to a repairshop. once the pico is installed, i can try to fix the nand partitions.

tonight i’ll work on a v2 erista.

Last edited by dmrojasc,

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
hi, maybe the picofly for lite is suitable for the soldering proficient. v1/v2 erista are more easier for me: i used the alternative pins (on the emmc board) and those are more separated…
as for my purple screen lite, i’ll send it to a repairshop. once the pico is installed, i can try to fix the nand partitions.

How does one go about fixing nand partitions?

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I install on average 3 Picofly per day on all models, never a problem. If there is a problem it lies between the soldering iron and the switch

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Not to be anal, but (proceeds to be anal) v2 is Mariko, Erista is v1 unpatched and v1 patched.

Reactions: LuigiGad

aguskaryana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
my friend wants to ask besides here where else is there a Nintendo Oled CLK pin??

Attachments

• IMG_20230611_114215.jpg
    IMG_20230611_114215.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Everyone,

again a problem with PICOFLY and OLED installation

today i get again the Purple Screen with KERNEL PANIC installing Picofly with 2.74 firmware version..
Mod end fine, led code is correct, console boot in Hekate... but:
- if i enter in EMMC it says Fails to init EMMC
- if you try to start on OFW go in Purple kernel panic
- even if you remove the mod and try to start a clean switch the console go in kernel panic (purple screen)

If anyone got stuck in my situation there is a easy fix :
You just need to install an HWFLY and everything got FIXED without any issue (no kernel panic) and if you start the console after remove the mod it works perfectly

@rehius what can be? how can i help you to fix this issue on Picofly?

problem happen two times to me
one with skhynix EMMC and this time with Samsung EMMC

OLED model
i've Used a normal Picofly chip (RP2040 Zero first time) and now the new Aliexpress RP2040 Picofly

if i can provide any info to investigate the code i'm at your disposal

thanks
I bet with u the purple screen came because u had issue with the cmd resistor when u soldered to it u prob discinnected it from the bord when u installed the pico.
When u installed the hwfly u got the connection back on the cmd resistor while adding a solder. And thats why it worked with the hwfly.

There is no issue with hard or firmware , all this is a installer issue and nothing else.
My main pico has skynix and I also installed on every other available oled emmc and never had an issue.

All these install issue are coming from the installers and nothing else
Post automatically merged:

How to do it???
Upload a close up picture so we can see if its possible to fix or not

Last edited by Dee87,

josh313hdez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the flash after usb write still have to be red? i flashed 2.74 but it flashes green with the rgb jumper set but when i flash 2.67 it flashes red? someone said the color flash doesnt matter, is that true?

does the flash color still matter? i set the rgb jumper adn flashed 2.74 it still flashes green i flash 2.67 it flashes red?

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
does the flash after usb write still have to be red? i flashed 2.74 but it flashes green with the rgb jumper set but when i flash 2.67 it flashes red? someone said the color flash doesnt matter, is that true?

does the flash color still matter? i set the rgb jumper adn flashed 2.74 it still flashes green i flash 2.67 it flashes red?
That’s true. Now the code is based on pulses like morse code.

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles

@lightninjay right about now

tumblr_inline_p6d86hDv5x1r4mjpv_400.gifv

Psygnosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all, sorry for the stupid question.
I would like to install a picofly on the Mariko I would like to know: is a pure RP2040 better or a custom rp2040?
To be clear, they cost a little more and have the flat cables included, I think the installation is also slightly easier.
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol