Picofly AIO Thread

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
time for them to make a v1.2 with 100ohm resistors on dat0/cmd then!
I personally will not be modifying the guide, as the original 47 ohm values have worked quite well for a vast majority of folks.

Though you have anecdotally stated, 100 ohms has worked just fine for you, but I imagine you are consistently using the same wire thickness, and generalized setup for your installs.

Not all folks here use the same wire, same mosfets, same install style, same solder, or even the same picofly board. All of these things can be factors if not properly considered, and therefore, if waveshare makes a v1.2 board with 100 ohm resistors, I will be FURTHER FRUSTRATED, by having to explain to people why "one RP2040-Tiny may be better for you than the other." and they will reply "But which one is better for MY install?" to which I will have no response, because the original installs all rely on 47 ohms across the board, and only putting additional resistance if there are EMMC issues.

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
whats the difference in the quality of dat0 adapter in oled? is it the flimsiness of the prong, its durability with heat, measurements? whats are your bases for choosing dat0 adapter? no problem with them so far...
Main problem is because its mechanically unstable. How can you rely on to something which only touching. But if it works for you then good.
The middle ground should be that somehow we can have a way to retouch/wiggle the adapter a little without diasembling the console.

Reactions: WalangAlam

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About to do my first Erista tomorrow and wanted to confirm the cap points on the CPU. Will they go to the same caps on the CPU but just using a single mosfet? a single wire touching two caps for the drain?

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why you're being rude. I've read through the guide. It shows a V1 with 2 MOSFETs but not a single. I believe I know how it goes so I was just asking for clarity
Because a question like that implies you may not actually know about rudimentary circuitry, and that is a dangerous trait to have when doing these mods.

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm not sure why you're being rude. I've read through the guide. It shows a V1 with 2 MOSFETs but not a single. I believe I know how it goes so I was just asking for clarity
For Erista and Mariko the procedure is the same, either single or dual mosfet. Its just the solder point in caps are different cause by different caps orientation, beside that all the technique is the same.

Reactions: BlueBeans

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Erista and Mariko the procedure is the same, either single or dual mosfet. Its just the solder point in caps are different cause by different caps orientation, beside that all the technique is the same.
thank you!!!! I appreciate you. That's all I was confirming!

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Use one mosfet is enough.

Using 2 mosfet is illogical. Usually people saying the reason is hwfly use 2 mosfet. But why? I major on physics, so if it doesn't make a sense, then it doesn't. We alway use common sense and logical reasoning, to do some experimentation.

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Using 2 mosfet is illogical. Usually people saying the reason is hwfly use 2 mosfet. But why? I major on physics, so if it doesn't make a sense, then it doesn't. We alway use common sense and logical reasoning, to do some experimentation.
No, i wanted and have been using a single mosfet. We talked about it before, and i have been doing it ever since. I was trying to confirm placement.

Jcal

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
And you are launching the picofly_toolbox payload through Hekate? Or are you loading it as "payload.bin" in the root of the SD card from the SDLoader screen (No SD Card screen)?
I'm using hekate to launch picofly_toolbox.bin payload.
Should I try to load toolbox payload before hekate (as payload.bin on the root of SD)?

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country

And hwfly v1 flex has only one mosfet and it works perfect.

Reactions: abal1000x

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
As i remember on some units this value will give glitch timeout.

where did you see this? I have not seen any such statements
Post automatically merged:

I personally will not be modifying the guide, as the original 47 ohm values have worked quite well for a vast majority of folks.

Though you have anecdotally stated, 100 ohms has worked just fine for you, but I imagine you are consistently using the same wire thickness, and generalized setup for your installs.

Not all folks here use the same wire, same mosfets, same install style, same solder, or even the same picofly board. All of these things can be factors if not properly considered, and therefore, if waveshare makes a v1.2 board with 100 ohm resistors, I will be FURTHER FRUSTRATED, by having to explain to people why "one RP2040-Tiny may be better for you than the other." and they will reply "But which one is better for MY install?" to which I will have no response, because the original installs all rely on 47 ohms across the board, and only putting additional resistance if there are EMMC issues.

the point is that if 100ohm works for all installs, and I have yet to see any evidence of the contrary, then there's no reason to stick with 47 ohm for any new install.

Last edited by deeps,

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
where did you see this? I have not seen any such statements
From my own as i did once, had thought if you generalize it to 100 ohm then you dont have to care about slow emmc or whatever its creates and just install and done with it, but found that it cannot glitch back then.
Of course it can be unique for my setup (install procedures, wires, etc ).
But after that i always use 47 ohm, and only use 100ohm Dat0 on V2.
Also i had one Lite which need 94 (2x47) , cannot work with 47 or 100 .. but it works with 94.
Strange, but let it be, and move on. :rofl2:

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
From my own as i did once, had thought if you generalize it to 100 ohm then you dont have to care about slow emmc or whatever its creates and just install and done with it, but found that it cannot glitch back then.
Of course it can be unique for my setup (install procedures, wires, etc ).
But after that i always use 47 ohm, and only use 100ohm Dat0 on V2.
Also i had one Lite which need 94 (2x47) , cannot work with 47 or 100 .. but it works with 94.
Strange, but let it be, and move on. :rofl2:

Ok, would be nice with a single recommendation that works for everyone but I guess that won't be possible then. Maybe something in the middle, like 82 ohm

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

The original flexes for v1 had a single fet, which wasn't strong enough for mariko so

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Sounds gay.