Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

zorusgb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
LITE successfully installed
So it seems like for the Lite the only way to fit the Pico is to cut the shield if it's positioned on top of the RAM. There was a suggestion back in the thread (or maybe it was in the AIO one) to place it on top of the EMMC instead and avoid cutting the shield. Has anyone tried that and would it fit without trimming the Pico?
Post automatically merged:

I see. Well, going to reball the bsod on my lite. Reflash using 2.73 from uf2 from here and go again. I need to know if it was my mosfet setup or not!!!!! Thanks again.
What is the rational for reballing after BSOD and reball what, the EMMC?

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
So it seems like for the Lite the only way to fit the Pico is to cut the shield if it's positioned on top of the RAM. There was a suggestion back in the thread (or maybe it was in the AIO one) to place it on top of the EMMC instead and avoid cutting the shield. Has anyone tried that and would it fit without trimming the Pico?
Yes, fits nicely there. No shield cutting needed. Only drawback is that you can't see the led through the vents like you can if it's on top of ram with shield hole

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just discard emmc shield, put pico upside down. For trimming depends on pico board, but zero no need.

Talking about oled right? its rational to think that you messed it up before, for non oled should have no connection whatsoever.

Reactions: Danook28

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Just discard emmc shield, put pico upside down. For trimming depends on pico board, but zero no need.

Talking about oled right? its rational to think that you messed it up before, for non oled should have no connection whatsoever.

Some time blue lite of death happend from hekate cfw Atmosphere files. Or emummc nand. Or bridge between dat0 and point near of it. Blown resistor. Capacitor or lose conect ram or presasor cpu. Fulty mmc nand chip.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

It fits here perfect. No need to cut anything just make sure to cover the edges/sides of Pico in kapton all the way bacause the metal shield slides between speaker and Pico when assembled.

Attachments

• 20230517_005000.jpg
    20230517_005000.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39

tsukimaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
It fits here perfect. No need to cut anything just make sure to cover the edges/sides of Pico in kapton all the way bacause the metal shield slides between speaker and Pico when assembled.
This placement is great :o I'll try it the next time I assemble one. I usually route it outside the metal shielding to avoid any trouble fitting it in.

Unrelated to this, but am I the only one having trouble following the new LED blinking guide? I can't seem to understand it for the life of me :s

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently experimenting with OLED's eMMC reballing with the hope of eventually being able to solder A,C,D directly into the eMMC pins. My black-screened, broken OLED gives 0.4amps, I desoldered the eMMC, reballed it, then resoldered it and the reading is still 0.4amp. Does that mean my reballing was successful?

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently experimenting with OLED's eMMC reballing with the hope of eventually being able to solder A,C,D directly into the eMMC pins. My black-screened, broken OLED gives 0.4amps, I desoldered the eMMC, reballed it, then resoldered it and the reading is still 0.4amp. Does that mean my reballing was successful?
I guess you didnt put CLK jumper from your broken D point trace (through hole via) to emmc.
FYI, 0.4amp is normal charging current, even without emmc Connected. You should check current draw without battery to verify emmc work good or not.But since you dont have CLK communicate from CPU to EMMC, I believe it will hang on 0.05amp w/o battery.

zorusgb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
@Zm1231 The new firmware have a better debugging. If it is easy to upload the flash, you might try it.

Thank you @rehius and everyone in here, another lite modded.

View attachment 373685

Using 51ohm on CMD/CLD/Dat0, hwfly flex v2 and using 2 gnd as precaution.

Guys if i want to factory reset, is it from hekate or from ofw?
With the Pico positioned like this do you have to cut the shield
Oh well...I already trimmed my CPU wire planning to position it on top of the RAM shield' lets hope I didn't cut it too short:blush:

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
With the Pico positioned like this do you have to cut the shield

Oh well...I already trimmed my CPU wire planning to position it on top of the RAM shield' lets hope I didn't cut it too short:blush:
No need to cut the shield. Its perfectly fit with the shield.
photo_6302869257570072313_y.jpg

Just for reference, i dont have spare rp2040-zero. But zero has similar dimension with the xiao. Its perfectly fit with the aluminium shield, with usb and reset+boot switch taken off.

Reactions: Danook28

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
hello, help!! I overreacted in the heat and I took out the component where the cmd is connected in oled, what would be the simplest solution???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: