Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Mosfet wiering. Is it fine to use it togther like this? That black is 2 wier to gother soldring..

Attachments

• 16836555601316069360845419937818.jpg
    16836555601316069360845419937818.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 29

nico77

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Finally done with my Switch Lite install! These photos were before I swapped the mosfet --> CPU wire out with some thicker stuff, but it looks effectively the same! Took far too long, but it's nice and clean, can't even tell it's in there with the back cover on :)
did you manage fix ?
run normal now?:mellow:

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally done with my Switch Lite install! These photos were before I swapped the mosfet --> CPU wire out with some thicker stuff, but it looks effectively the same! Took far too long, but it's nice and clean, can't even tell it's in there with the back cover on :)
So, 'no display' was caused by the MOSFET connection in your opinion?

Edit: NM, see AIO thread.

Last edited by LogicalMadness,
Reactions: Takezo-San

789-Benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
similar price to brand re life

compare to nail uv lamp price
you can get prob 6-7 uv nail lamp LOL
so cheap :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
I seen a guy a few days ago in a public toilet holding his switch up to a UV light, the ones which stop junkies from finding a vein. Was pretty funny too see 🤣🤣🤣
Post automatically merged:

Did you not put the shield back on? What's temps like?

TheCatsMeow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you manage fix ?
run normal now?:mellow:
I did, see my post here https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-aio-thread.628951/post-10153356

Did you not put the shield back on? What's temps like?
I should have uploaded more photos - I cut the shield and removed the part that covers the memory, wherre my RP2040 sits. It reaches close to the mosfets, should be plenty to keep everything cool. The memory isn't cooled by the shield anyways, so I figured I would just remove that half. I could have put the board on top of the shield where it is in the photos, but removing that half allowed it to sit a bit lower, so everything fits slightly better.

If I run into any temperature issues I'll come back and update, but I used plenty of thermal paste and I'm pretty confident it will be enough :)

nico77

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I did, see my post here https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-aio-thread.628951/post-10153356

I should have uploaded more photos - I cut the shield and removed the part that covers the memory, wherre my RP2040 sits. It reaches close to the mosfets, should be plenty to keep everything cool. The memory isn't cooled by the shield anyways, so I figured I would just remove that half. I could have put the board on top of the shield where it is in the photos, but removing that half allowed it to sit a bit lower, so everything fits slightly better.

If I run into any temperature issues I'll come back and update, but I used plenty of thermal paste and I'm pretty confident it will be enough :)
congrats :grog:
:ha:B-)

Reactions: TheCatsMeow

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi....i installed picifly on a lite switch....everything ok but when i was turning on got a fuckin bsod...i dont even put a sd card... the first time got no sd...after that just blue screen? Am i bricked it? Is there any solution?...the console is brand new

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I did it! But it still does not start, neither the atmosphere, nor stock, nor the semi-stock. Black screen after logo. I did an emmc benchmark, everything seems to be normal. What's wrong now?
View attachment 370271
If you are this far and no slow mode error the rest is on sd card

I recommend - Atmosphere, Hekate, Sigpatches. This is all you need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j