ROM Hack Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney PT-BR Translation Project (Help Wanted)

EmuPlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think "Objection" can ONLY be translated to "Protesto". I talked to a friend who's in law school and she said that Objeção is not used even in movies anymore, its just a bad translation.

Also, I can help you only with translation, since I worked as a translator for 2 years (professionally). Adapting puns is not a big deal. Also, about the name adaptation, I cant understand why people cringe about it. English translation already changed all names, and most european versions also translated character names to something more akin to their culture.

OBS: Fênix Verissimo is an AWESOME name adaptation. It was used on the pt-br translation for the old mobile version, and I think you should stick with the same script from that version. Even though they only translated the first case, you could use that as a basis.
Ok, so the correcvt one will be:
OBJECTION: Protesto!
HOLD IT: Um momento!
TAKE THAT: Tome isso!
GOTCHA: Peguei você!
GOT IT: Aqui!
Right?
BTW, I don't think names should be translated, not even Phoenix's one, if you translate names, u'll need to change the P to an F in Phoenix's young sprite...

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, so the correcvt one will be:
OBJECTION: Protesto!
HOLD IT: Um momento!
TAKE THAT: Tome isso!
GOTCHA: Peguei você!
GOT IT: Aqui!
Right?
BTW, I don't think names should be translated, not even Phoenix's one, if you translate names, u'll need to change the P to an F in Phoenix's young sprite...

Yeah, those are fine, but about the names...you have a GOOD reason for NOT translate them? If that was the case, we should use Souka Naruhodo instead of Phoenix Wright.
If the problem is about the "F", it could be written as "Phoenix" without a problem. People would get it.

As someone already stated, the puns on character names are a thing on Phoenix Wright. If you like the original names, you probably already played the games in english, so the translation is not for you.
BUT... its not impossible to release two patches: one with the original names and another with a full name translation. I believe it would take just a few Ctrl+F's to change everything.

Last edited by horokeusama,
Reactions: Steve_Doido

EmuPlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, those are fine, but about the names...you have a GOOD reason for NOT translate them? If that was the case, we should use Souka Naruhodo instead of Phoenix Wright.
If the problem is about the "F", it could be written as "Phoenix" without a problem. People would get it.

As someone already stated, the puns on character names are a thing on Phoenix Wright. If you like the original names, you probably already played the games in english, so the translation is not for you.
BUT... its not impossible to release two patches: one with the original names and another with a full name translation. I believe it would take just a few Ctrl+F's to change everything.
Well... It's OK xd
BTW, I can put the text inside the game. Is the script already done?

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well... It's OK xd
BTW, I can put the text inside the game. Is the script already done?

I just got in touch with the project today lol. But if that's all it would take, I'd need the english script (preferably in and sheet format, with all lines separated, etc, but a word document would be fine too).
It would take sometime cause I'm on college and working fulltime, but at least its better than waiting right?
I could translate the first chapter and release the patch to see how people would react.

Last edited by horokeusama,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm translating Spirit of Justice into PT-BR. Should I localize the names?
I think yes, seeing how are the stuff ...
I mean , if you have to be clos eto the original, do it with the original terms , if you are using as base a version that aren't like that, do like they did to the original XD

Reactions: matheus abreu

EmuPlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got in touch with the project today lol. But if that's all it would take, I'd need the english script (preferably in and sheet format, with all lines separated, etc, but a word document would be fine too).
It would take sometime cause I'm on college and working fulltime, but at least its better than waiting right?
I could translate the first chapter and release the patch to see how people would react.
Do you know how to edit the text of the game? I can help you if you don't know how...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm translating Spirit of Justice into PT-BR. Should I localize the names?
That early? I think it should be translated the original trilogy first...

matheus abreu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you know how to edit the text of the game? I can help you if you don't know how...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That early? I think it should be translated the original trilogy first...

I've finished the first episode , now I'am at the 50% of second episode.

Last edited by matheus abreu,

matheus abreu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
2 things:
1. As I said, I think you should wait to the original trilogy to be released.
2. You should do a post about your translation, including some screenshots.

1. Yes, but I guess no one is translating ace attorney 2 and 3 into portuguese.
2. I'll make a post about it in the future.

Some screenshots
TYUaIgm.png
uHwFoC8.png

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1. Yes, but I guess no one is translating ace attorney 2 and 3 into portuguese.
2. I'll make a post about it in the future.

Some screenshots
TYUaIgm.png
uHwFoC8.png
I'm also going to sugest something XD about the name, "Khura'in" , we don't use these " ' " things, in english they use to pronuntiation stuff , like on the pokemon sun moon demo I'm translating, there the Hau'oli city, I've just use "Hauoli" Instead, I'm not sure about Kurain pronunciation, but don't fear doing like "Kuráin", as we say "nova Iorque" or "Quioto"

Lol this name Andistan'dhin :v lololol

Reactions: matheus abreu

matheus abreu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Então esse é o reino de Khura'in, huh?

Can I suggest something? "Huh" is not a portuguese expression. You should re-arrange this line and adapt it to something more natural for a portuguese speaker.

I'm also going to sugest something XD about the name, "Khura'in" , we don't use these " ' " things, in english they use to pronuntiation stuff , like on the pokemon sun moon demo I'm translating, there the Hau'oli city, I've just use "Hauoli" Instead, I'm not sure about Kurain pronunciation, but don't fear doing like "Kuráin", as we say "nova Iorque" or "Quioto"

Lol this name Andistan'dhin :v lololol
Thank you all for the tips. :yay:

EmuPlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I like how are u going, 2 questions:
1. With What program did u edit text? I'm making a Spanish translation...
2. I would like to help u, since that as u showed it's an actual thing, I would like to do the Objection text for your translation.

matheus abreu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like how are u going, 2 questions:
1. With What program did u edit text? I'm making a Spanish translation...
2. I would like to help u, since that as u showed it's an actual thing, I would like to do the Objection text for your translation.

Could you send a Pm to me?

Steve_Doido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think "Objection" can ONLY be translated to "Protesto". I talked to a friend who's in law school and she said that Objeção is not used even in movies anymore, its just a bad translation.

Also, I can help you only with translation, since I worked as a translator for 2 years (professionally). Adapting puns is not a big deal. Also, about the name adaptation, I cant understand why people cringe about it. English translation already changed all names, and most european versions also translated character names to something more akin to their culture.

OBS: Fênix Verissimo is an AWESOME name adaptation. It was used on the pt-br translation for the old mobile version, and I think you should stick with the same script from that version. Even though they only translated the first case, you could use that as a basis.
I guess you're right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe