ROM Hack Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney PT-BR Translation Project (Help Wanted)

Steve_Doido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome project, i think we have a pretty consistent fanbase here in Brazil, which this translation may be useful and maybe even atract new players, I don't know how to insert text and all that stuff, but if you need any help with the translation, I'm in.
Anyway, I whish you good luck with the project.
Ha ha, thanks! If you could give name suggestion (or tell me which you prefer) it would be good enough. If you can (or know someone who can) insert the text, please tell me.

Steve_Doido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is anyone willing to help with general test adapting? For now, try keeping the names the same, as they'll be changed in a later revision.

Steve_Doido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It seems no one really is willing to help out the hacking and graphic parts. :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does any one know how I can edit the graphics?

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I am sorry Steve but you should start learn NDS hacking with another game that has less text.
Not because you found PWSE it means you can translate PW:AA.
Much of the text is in graphics and it's at least so much work will go on the graphics as you have on the text.
If my memory isn't wrong, even the group that translated ALL Zelda games to russian for all platforms didn't finish the translation of PW:AA.
2 motives:
- PWSE is buggy and actually you will run into problems with time
- if you want to keep the spirit of the PW, you need to be very versed in both languages you are working with!
The images are just there for you to edit but I believe you don't have any idea how to hack an NDS game.
(Yes, the colors are wrong, i just ripped this in 2 min).
of0g37.jpg
i5bygz.jpg
30953b5.jpg
24qlu1s.jpg
2rbyou0.jpg
24pw1gl.jpg

And yes, PWSE is maybe not clear about how to use it but it works....

Dammit....5 years already???....I am getting old :(

Reactions: Steve_Doido

Steve_Doido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Auryn That's why I'm looking for someone who believes can do the job. I wish I knew more about coding so I could try creating my own tools to do the job. I'll continue to update the script anyway, but with less frequency. The main Brazilian translation forum is down for maintenance and they actually had 25% of the text ready. Too bad I can't ask them. They also did a full translation of the first professor Layton game. Wonder how to do that.
If I find someone or someway to inject and change the necessary, I'll go back to working at full speed.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Phoenix Wright --->
Nagarr Dumont xD
the Wright don't deserve that reference, or even being on story books
Nagarr in dragon in "Birmanês" (??) , trying to get the reference of the riginal name " Ryuuichi Naruhodou"
by the " wright"/"Naruhodou" joke it cloud be like Clemente Dido (entendido? ajkdhkjashd xD ) but we lost the mythical creature part

Any ideas for the names? As I said, even the things I decided can be changed, so suggestion are more than welcome.
I'm not much into changing names but I really like puns so maybe I can help XD

Steve_Doido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
trying to get the reference of the riginal name " Ryuuichi Naruhodou"
by the " wright"/"Naruhodou" joke it cloud be like Clemente Dido (entendido? ajkdhkjashd xD ) but we lost the mythical creature part
That won't really be necessary. It was something they did in the english version because they though sounded cool above all else (though it does make sense). Since I do not plan on translating 1-5, there will be no moment where it is brought up in something as simple as a pun.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That won't really be necessary. It was something they did in the english version because they though sounded cool above all else (though it does make sense). Since I do not plan on translating 1-5, there will be no moment where it is brought up in something as simple as a pun.
yeah yeah los angeles really sounded fun =3=
...lol
I'm agains name changing when stuff looks SO reagional like this....if change,at least try to get the same reference or something funny ... not just kick in a name xD

well my sugetsions of joke is dumont for the wring joke or clemente for the entendido
there wasa fan translation of mobile game that called him as Fênix Verissimo :v

Steve_Doido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah yeah los angeles really sounded fun =3=
...lol
I'm agains name changing when stuff looks SO reagional like this....if change,at least try to get the same reference or something funny ... not just kick in a name xD

well my sugetsions of joke is dumont for the wring joke or clemente for the entendido
there wasa fan translation of mobile game that called him as Fênix Verissimo :v
I fully understand it. That's why I examined each name in all regions to find the best result I could come up with. For example, a character in the 3rd game called Luke Atmey would be translated by me as Luís Zibido (say it out loud to get it). Some of the things the old translation project was doing don't seem to work very well, though, as one of the files suggested, I am using it as reference for a few things.

Steve_Doido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
don't make me laugh lound on my work man XDDD haha good one
well you know what to do, I don't really know much of this series actually xD
I don't get the Luke joke, but well I only got the " apollo justice" joke when I heard it on a trailer :v
Ha ha!
The Luke joke was to recreate the expression "Look at me" (Luke Atmey; Luke At Me)

EmuPlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know how to edit the text in-game, I can join if u want. (I already made the Speech bubbles
Objection!: Refutaçao! (IDK how to write that accent on the a in m keyboard xd)
Hold it!: Espera!
Take that!: Toma isso!
Gotcha!: Apanhei te!

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think there are many tools to edit text in tthe DS AA, right? there are fan translation for some games and for also being on DS, maybe it could work there, Any idea, @Chelsea_Fantasy ?
I'm helping a bit on an english to spanish fan translation of dual destinies for 3ds.
also I ca help with graphics, you know XD just need to have some time ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche