Philips wants to ban Wii and Wii U in America

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is the concept of death by a thousand cuts.

More to the point we do deal in news on patents, especially when they concern game consoles. Sucks that it has to come to us by way of the Dutch equivalent of the Huffington post but hey.

Nintendo had better hire some seriously tough lawyers for this.

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
I just don't understand why they left it so long to do anything about it. It really does seem a little desperate. Is it because there are so many better alternatives to their products at a similar price and now they're just being bitches?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In fact the second patent (tracking someone's body in a virtual reality, aka every ir sensor ever) doesn't even apply to the Wii, but would for the PS Move and Kinect.
That's the first patent, not the second. Although the Wiimote mostly tracks it's own position in space and not necessarily the user's.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
They waited about 6-7 years to do this and what about Kinect and Move? Bugger off Philips.

CD-i and the Mario/Zelda games shouldn't even exist.

Edit: This reminds me of Zenimax trying to sue Facebook to get that sweet ass money as "compensation" from Oculus Rift.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Philips are fucking dumb.. they should try to get a share of the profit.....

they will have enough cash in the end to buy milk from they local supermarket...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 - Nah, but thanks for asking. I haven't had booze money for a while, I was busy having private conversations, but that didn't go anywhere really. This lawsuit from Phillips, yeah, that's not gonna hold up in court at all, too vague if ya ask me.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Philips made games for the CD-i with Nintendo characters, the ball is in Nintendo's field, Philips is just trespassing on its area.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original Wii has been out for several years and the WiiU is approaching its 2 year come this november. Why is it we are now hearing about this? If Philips really thought this was important they should of brought this up during the Wii's life cycle and not the start of the WiiU. Next question why would nintendo allow something like this to happen?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The original Wii has been out for several years and the WiiU is approaching its 2 year come this november. Why is it we are now hearing about this? If Philips really thought this was important they should of brought this up during the Wii's life cycle and not the start of the WiiU. Next question why would nintendo allow something like this to happen?

No response from Nintendo, they are just out of fucks to give.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol this is me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOLKoXtMQDQ