Philips wants to ban Wii and Wii U in America

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ban the wii? :rofl2: You tried with the CDi and you didn't get far. Go cry somewhere else Phillips.

Typing on mobile is a pain. Waiting five years to file a lawsuit and don't file it right away. If a "camera", then Sony and Microsoft has violated that patent. I don't know how would a "Camera" be defined in court.

Ban the Wii/WiiU in North America and ban imports. It won't happen at all. Wasn't there a similar case?

You're right, because the sensor bar from the Wii is only sending some IR light to the Wiimote :unsure: Where is the camera involved there?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is their plan get rid of nintendo so they can release the cd-i 2. as long as nintendo are around they won't succeed :P

that there wanted me to projectile vomit the CD-i was one of the WORST game consoles (if you even call it that) Nintendo made a huge mistake lending out Mario and Legend of Zelda to them Nintendo was lucky Mario and Zelda were staple icons so It didn't Mutilate their name in closing I should have NEVER even emulated the CD-i out of curiosity

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my, it would seem Phillips is butthurt. Too bad their products have been piss poor. Those crazy Dutch bastards :creep: Oh how I hope they die in a fire :creep: They're upset the CD-i didn't take off.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh my, it would seem Phillips is butthurt. Too bad their products have been piss poor. Those crazy Dutch bastards :creep: Oh how I hope they die in a fire :creep: They're upset the CD-i didn't take off.

You do know that Philips is one of the most successful electronic company in the world right? They have a lot of decent products.

Dutch people and companies are just better than the rest :P

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You're right, because the sensor bar from the Wii is only sending some IR light to the Wiimote :unsure: Where is the camera involved there?
Like Veho said, the camera is inside the Wiimote. The patent actually only covers devices where the camera is directly attached to the pointer/controller.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Thread summary:

Fanboys: Hey Philips, teh CD-i failed, therefore you have no right to sue anybody for your potential inventions because butthurt!
Haters: This is Nintendo's fault, they never pay any licensing fees to anyone!

Seriously, you guys :rolleyes:! I doubt anyone in this thread saying anything along these lines has the legal expertise to pass judgement on either company without an in-depth view of the claims and defences that will eventually be put before a court.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thread summary:
Fanboys: Hey Philips, teh CD-i failed, therefore you have no right to sue anybody for your potential inventions because butthurt!
Haters: This is Nintendo's fault, they never pay any licensing fees to anyone!
Seriously, you guys :rolleyes:! I doubt anyone in this thread saying anything along these lines has the legal expertise to pass judgement on either company without an in-depth view of the claims and defences that will eventually be put before a court.

I'm a lawyer. Philips is right. Nintendo is shit.
Ima going to play my vita

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You do know that Philips is one of the most successful electronic company in the world right? They have a lot of decent products.
and what have they done lately? come to think of it i haven't seen a Philips product on the shelves of any popular store here in a long time...unless you count Philips head screwdrivers :lol:

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
and what have they done lately? come to think of it i haven't seen a Philips product on the shelves of any popular store here in a long time...unless you count Philips head screwdrivers :lol:
In Europe there are still plenty of Philips devices available. Most popular are the smart TV's. But I also live in the same country Philips was made in, so that may help too. In my honest opinion, they make very decent stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: meh stats, but amazing in execution