Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Translation: now recruiting testers!

Weyu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Update 22 April: Recruitment is now finalized and we have decided on the candidates.
Testing will begin soon, and we hope to stay on target for a public release this year.
There were many more than adequate applicants, but for practical and technical reasons we have to keep the team limited for it to be manageable.
In any case, I'd like to thank people again for applying and wanting to help; it definitely is appreciated.
Since this thread has served its purpose, further updates will be made in the main thread again.

We hope to see you when the patch is released!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign-up is now closed.

The rest of the month will be used to decide the candidates while we hopefully finish up what remains to be done with our internal testing.
Thank you for applying!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello.

Our internal testing phase is almost finished and that means we're ready to recruit a number of people to test the patch for us.
We're looking for a small group willing to spend 3-4 months (May-Aug.) to intensively test it and give us feedback on potential issues that we missed.
I wish to stress that this is demanding and meticulous work and it mainly involves reading through masses of text.
A lot of it is "boring" text such as tutorials and there are literal thousands of item/enemy descriptions to check.
If you're not a fan of reading then this definitely isn't for you.
You might have to play through the same content multiple times on different platforms (PSP, Vita, emulator).
The estimated workload is 8-15 hours per week for that period, so if you're just starting a new job or study or going through other turbulent events in your life it's probably not a good idea to apply.

Expected skills:
  • A good grasp on the English language
    You don't need to be an English professor but some level of proficiency and care is required.
  • An eye for detail
    Being able to spot smaller errors or infer inconsistencies from context, etc.
  • Tech proficiency
    We don't use any specialized programs but you should be reasonably self-sufficient at things like internet searches for info, using cloud services, uploading screenshots, editing spreadsheets, know how to apply a patch to an ISO and get the game running, and other things such as using virtual LAN programs.
  • Communication / teamwork
    You need to be able to clearly describe any bugs you run into, check what other testers have found to prevent redundancy, and work together with other testers in multiplayer.
  • Conduct
    Some level of professionalism is expected: don't stir up drama/trouble with the public or other testers while you're representing this project.
    You won't be forced to sign an NDA, but you should know that the test patch requires strict confidentiality.
    Other things such as self-promotion, spoilers, and so on require discretion as well.
Things that are welcome but not necessary:
  • Having QC, proofreading, other testing experience
  • Being a fan and/or lore buff of the series; being very familiar with the original PSPo2
  • Playing through the original PSPo2 story mode: this patch focuses on the Infinity content of the game, but we'd like to have at least one person to play through the entirety of the original story mode
This is a whole list of stuff, but what it boils down to is: we're looking for committed people with a baseline of skills who are willing to stick with us to help make this project as good as it can be.
If you think you got what it takes, please start a group conversation with JamRules and me.
If you cannot start a conversation due to new user restrictions, please request a PM in this thread.

Write a concise message on how you fit in regarding the above and what platforms you can test the game on.
Being able to test on different platforms and also multiplayer is a plus.
Depending on how many applicants we get, we may not respond to every message. Nothing personal if you don't get selected;
it just means you get to play the game a few months later and without needing to do a load of work. :)

The cut-off date is April 12th (Sun); after that we will start finalizing our decisions, so you can apply until then.
Your time of application is not a factor, so please read this post carefully.

We appreciate anyone wanting to help, and we're hoping to see a positive turnout.

ur.jpg

Last edited by Weyu,

call me Ken or Accel

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Im actually trying to go through all of the Infinity Missions that I got (including doing higher difficulties) and trying to levelling up, and probably rebirthing multiple times to get better stats. Im also feeling like making a female character and through everything again
But Im kinda confused about requirement number 3: "reasonably self-sufficient at internet searches". Searching what exactly?

Fencie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, we're probably moving Jun-Jul so my time will be eaten up then. Wish I could help more but good luck and I cannot wait for the finished product!!

suburbMage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Weyu ! I have my 'resume' finished, but I can't send either you or the other person a PM because I'm new. I've lurked many forums on this site, but I have never needed to create an account until now. Could you PM me so I can send my 'resume', I feel like I would be useful for this project!
:D

Last edited by suburbMage,

NiamhNyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is tempting to get in to, I do have quite a bit of free time at my disposal thanks to easy job being easy.

Also this just made me dust off my psp again. Nostalgia hits hard.

Last edited by NiamhNyx,
Reactions: SERAPHiM_GAMMA

limpbiz411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can sign me up, i've been watching this project for years, i've played through the game many times. I am a long time member and a lot of free time to test.

Weyu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Applications should be done by PM; please re-read the opening post carefully for instructions.
Thank you to everyone who has signed up so far. It's normal if you haven't received a response yet as they will be done in batches.
The final date you can sign up is 12 April.

SERAPHiM_GAMMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo Weyu

I'm trying to find where to PM someone, but I can't find out how or where to do so ( I am new to gbatemp )

So since i'm unable to PM you, would my first post in the thread count as a valid application?

call me Ken or Accel

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Applications should be done by PM; please re-read the opening post carefully for instructions.
Thank you to everyone who has signed up so far. It's normal if you haven't received a response yet as they will be done in batches.
The final date you can sign up is 12 April.
I know. Just informing that Im possibly available for help
I dont want to apply immediately because of real life stuff, especially with Covid-19 here in Southeast Asia. Its quite bad here

Reactions: Malckyor and Weyu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone