Persona 5 Delayed Again

image.jpeg

The biggest upcoming JRPG of 2017, Persona 5, has received yet another delay. According to the PlayStation Blog, Persona 5 will now release on April 4, 2017. But! To compensate, the game will now have dual audio. You heard right, there will be both English and Japanese audio options. It doesn't take away the sting of the delay, but it's nice to hear regardless. PlayStation Experience Anahiem will have a playable English demo on December 3 for fans to try at kiosks.

:arrow: Source

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I disagree. I've experienced Portuguese-over-English, English-over-Japanese, German-over-English and Portuguese-over-Japanese dubs and every single time the dub is of lower quality than the original voices in my opinion. Not exactly only the voices, but the stress on some words and the translation itself have to be (sometimes heavily) adapted so the voices all fit in certain time interval.
Actually, it's been shown that people think foreign VA is better than their own language because they can't comprehend the flaws in the language, so their mind considers it "perfect" ;)
For example, many Japanese folk think the English VA is better, and that's because they can actually make out the deficiencies in their own language.
Just an interesting tidbit. Play in whatever language you want ^-^

Last edited by HaloEliteLegend,

HomebrewJay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad they're adding dual-audio!

Now the weebs can finally shut their mouths about "bad" pronunciations..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, it's been shown that people think foreign VA is better than their own language because they can't comprehend the flaws in the language, so their mind considers it "perfect" ;)
For example, many Japanese folk think the English VA is better, and that's because they can actually make out the deficiencies in their own language.
100% agree!

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delayed for dual audio? this is so well let's let this youtube video say it.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It was not delayed for the audio, at least not for the japanese one. I guess the delay is because of the english dub.

They will add the japanese audio as a gift for the delay.

But it's pretty dumb, because with DLCs, every game should have an option to use the original voices in games, it's not a matter of disk space anymore.

I don't really see the need for that in the first place. The English dub of Persona 4 Golden was pretty good.

It's not the fact the english dub is bad or not, but for example it's completely useless to people which english is not their native language like South America or several European countries.

If they have to play with foreign voices, as japanese and english are both foreign voices for them, they mostly always prefer to have the original voices.

And even for native english speakers, some will always prefer to play with the original voices.

Most japanese doesn't understand english at all, so yeah, it's probably why they might like english voices (like most western people like japanese voices, but most of them doesn't understand the language at all). But there are probably like some of them, they prefer to see things in their original language (so american movies in english).

The problem is most of the times, games doesn't offer the choice because like you said, it's always better to play in wathever language we want.

Like I said upper, with the ability to put voices as DLCs, every game should offer the original voices, whatever language is the original voices (japanese, english, russian, etc...)

Last edited by davhuit,

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It was not delayed for the audio, at least not for the japanese one. I guess the delay is because of the english dub.

They will add the japanese audio as a gift for the delay.

But it's pretty dumb, because with DLCs, every game should have an option to use the original voices in games, it's not a matter of disk space anymore.
I don't think it was ever a matter of disk space, it's a matter of licensing. You have to have a contract with every single voice actor that lets you use their voice work in other language releases, which can be pretty difficult to do in some cases.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think it was ever a matter of disk space, it's a matter of licensing. You have to have a contract with every single voice actor that lets you use their voice work in other language releases, which can be pretty difficult to do in some cases.

Most of the time, the original company which make them deal with those kind of things (voice actors gives all their rights to the company, some are even just employees of some voices studios) to ensure it's not a problem (if not, you could imagine it would be a nightmare to import animes in western countries if foreign companies would require to have a contract with every voice actors).

The few times where I saw original voices missing in games I was interested in, companies always used the "no enough disk space" excuse (like for Blue Dragon in some european countries, or for 3DS games).

Last edited by davhuit,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them