Persona 5 Delayed Again

image.jpeg

The biggest upcoming JRPG of 2017, Persona 5, has received yet another delay. According to the PlayStation Blog, Persona 5 will now release on April 4, 2017. But! To compensate, the game will now have dual audio. You heard right, there will be both English and Japanese audio options. It doesn't take away the sting of the delay, but it's nice to hear regardless. PlayStation Experience Anahiem will have a playable English demo on December 3 for fans to try at kiosks.

:arrow: Source

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't really see the need for that in the first place. The English dub of Persona 4 Golden was pretty good.
I didn't like it. Dubs in general provide more loss than gain IMO. Voiceovers usually can't put in the same emotions and context as the original actors did.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't like it. Dubs in general provide more loss than gain IMO. Voiceovers usually can't put in the same emotions and context as the original actors did.
The original actors just get their lines and record them in a booth the exact same as the English actors do. I personally prefer being able to tell what people are actually saying - if anything, I'd say not being able to understand what they're saying is more of a loss.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The original actors just get their lines and record them in a booth the exact same as the English actors do. I personally prefer being able to tell what people are actually saying - if anything, I'd say not being able to understand what they're saying is more of a loss.
I disagree. I've experienced Portuguese-over-English, English-over-Japanese, German-over-English and Portuguese-over-Japanese dubs and every single time the dub is of lower quality than the original voices in my opinion. Not exactly only the voices, but the stress on some words and the translation itself have to be (sometimes heavily) adapted so the voices all fit in certain time interval.

Last edited by guisadop,

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I disagree. I've experienced Portuguese-over-English, English-over-Japanese, German-over-English and Portuguese-over-Japanese dubs and every single time the dub is of lower quality than the original voices in my opinion.
To be fair, Germany loves dubbing absolutely everything, including live action stuff, which is terrible. I'm guessing Portuguese is similar to most non-English languages in that much less effort is spent on dubs and the cheaper the voice actors, the better, and English dubs heavily depend on the game in question. If they bothered to do a decent job, like with Persona 4 Golden or Danganronpa 2, it's perfectly fine, but yeah, there are also cases where it's pretty bad. Based on how P4G was, my money is on this one being a good dub though.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To be fair, Germany loves dubbing absolutely everything, including live action stuff, which is terrible. I'm guessing Portuguese is similar to most non-English languages in that much less effort is spent on dubs and the cheaper the voice actors, the better, and English dubs heavily depend on the game in question. If they bothered to do a decent job, like with Persona 4 Golden or Danganronpa 2, it's perfectly fine, but yeah, there are also cases where it's pretty bad. Based on how P4G was, my money is on this one being a good dub though.
Well, I'm glad they're giving us the option now :D

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how the release was 4 months away and even then, they had to delay it.. Like it's translating, the games finished. Is there really, that little amount of work done with it, that you need more months?
And since it's still 6 months from being done, they decide to stream the english version anyway <3

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I like how the release was 4 months away and even then, they had to delay it.. Like it's translating, the games finished. Is there really, that little amount of work done with it, that you need more months?
And since it's still 6 months from being done, they decide to stream the english version anyway <3
Step 1, take knife
Step 2, plunge knife into fan's chests
Step 3, repeat daily until April 4
Step 4, harvest fans' tears

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 1, take knife
Step 2, plunge knife into fan's chests
Step 3, repeat daily until April 4
Step 4, harvest fans' tears

Get in line sister, i'm still waiting for capcom to get their face out from street fighter milking machiene and make a new megaman game. Been waiting longer for new megaman game than Persona 5, when is megaman 11 or Devil may cry Bayonetta cross over? :creep:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.