Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Ok, So I don't know how long I have been pee shy. I think its been for like ever. Anyways, Its really bad, I can't pee when I go on hikes or camping unless I am away from everyone else. To the point where I can't hear them or see them. When we play shows its like the same thing too, I go in there and try to pee, someone walks in and I freeze up. Same thing at school too. I don't know why this happens to me or how to prevent it, I have tried to mesmerize myself when I am peeing and it works only sometimes. So, I wind up playing shows with a full bladder and when I get home I piss like a race horse.

I am writing this because me and my band are going on a short 2 week tour this summer and I am afraid how I am going to go pee during the tour. It's really something that makes me not even want to go on tour because I am worried about it.

I am completely serious about this, I want to know if any of you experience this and if there is anyway you guys can possibly help me.

I only want SERIOUS responses, I don't want anything really unacceptable, a joke here and there is fine though, but nothing like "Wow, your a fucking weirdo, just go and take a piss! Easy as that!" That is something that I find unacceptable because it won't even help and it makes me feel bad.

Thanks for whoever helps!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
... well then, Assuming your in a restroom [this wont work if your pissing outdoors]
tongue.gif

Then I'd go into a sit down stall with a toilet, not a urinal, take a sit and piss, its a lot quieter, and people cant see you
Maybe that'd help?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I have a similar problem, I tend not to use public restrooms because of other people.

I think I'm just insecure about my dick size. Also public toilets are gross.

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had to pee in a very small bathroom with 4 other guys and 1 girl when I was at a friends party. I'm pretty sure that when the deed needs done, your body will not hold back anymore.

TL;DR: Stop being a faggot and do it!

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, hey, I guess I'm a lot like you... Back in Boy Scouts (which I'm not in anymore, it sucked), I would never use a tree during the campouts. I'm not a 'woods' kind of guy.. I also avoid using schools bathrooms. I will also always use stalls because in urinals I'm too paranoid...

(Nice almost 2,000th post, btw.)

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
Im sure you've already checked google.

"It seems to me that the only way to address the issue is to have a long soul-search and find out exactly why you're "pee shy". Until you understand the source of this irrational shyness, you can't deal with it.

Ex: If you're worried that other people will find out that you are human after all and actually do eliminate waste like the rest of us, then you'll have to deal with that differently than if your concern is that somebody might accidentally see your junk (as a particularly mature member of my social group calls it). Simple embarrasment by the noise of your own waste hitting the water/toilet/urinal will require a different approach."

from wikipedia :
There are a number of "work-arounds" that address the symptom and not the problem:

* drinking less fluid and emptying out whenever 'safe' (although this can be dangerous and lead to dehydration)
* avoidance of large or busy public restrooms
* finding less-busy or single-occupancy restrooms
* returning to a specific bathroom or stall which is familiar and feels safer
* using bathrooms on other floors or in other buildings to avoid familiar persons
* timing bathroom visits to avoid the presence of others (solitude)
* timing bathroom visits to correspond to heavy usage by others (masking effect from noise, greater anonymity)
* immersing a hand in a cup or sink full of warm water [6][7]
* running the tap[7] or flushing to imitate[6] or mask urination sounds. In Japan, a device called the Sound Princess exists to fulfil this function.
* thinking about water flowing
* sitting down to relax
* using a catheter
* using a stall instead of a urinal
* closing ones eyes and imagining no one is there
* focusing on a single point or thought (with or without eyes open)
* thinking about an amusing event
* reading to avoid thinking about it

Actual treatments for the condition include:

* cognitive behavior therapy,
* training with biofeedback,
* anti-anxiety medications, and
* reducing the level of privacy at which the condition triggers by indulging in graduated exposure therapy. This last can be achieved by sufferers working together at organised events known as workshops.

Also:
http://www.paruresisadvice.com/

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I thought I was just weird and was like the only one that it happened too. I have actually sat down in the stall sometimes, my mom actually told me to do that. It works sometimes and other times not so much. I do too also think I am a little insecure about Mr. Peter down there.

Thanks for congratulating me on my 2000th post by the way which I proudly now have!
smile.gif

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
by the way im very interested to hear have you ever been drunk ?
I find it hard to imagine someone being shy of urinating while drunk

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I tend to avoid public restrooms as a whole. I've used the restroom at my school once and was traumatized forever. There was pee everywhere as if it was a fucking cave, all the toilets were clogged, the urinals had assorted papers and items and bodily fluids in them, there was a horrible smell of weed and other drugs... Ugh.

Tozarian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
try using a stall, I hate urinals because I always have a feeling that someone is going to look.

as for outside? feel free to shit and piss wherever you want. try and find a nice private spot before doing so.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I tend to avoid public restrooms as a whole. I've used the restroom at my school once and was traumatized forever. There was pee everywhere as if it was a fucking cave, all the toilets were clogged, the urinals had assorted papers and items and bodily fluids in them, there was a horrible smell of weed and other drugs... Ugh.

Rofl, Yeah same here, My school bathroom was F-n disgusting, At one point the stalls were full, so one kid literally pissed in the corner of the bathroom. it was disgusting, and theres like liquid dripping from the roof, Hell one of our toilet paper holders was made out of chains...Graffiti everywhere! It was sick. Decent school.. Horrible bathrooms

jesuschristmonke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
There was pee everywhere as if it was a fucking cave, all the toilets were clogged, the urinals had assorted papers and items and bodily fluids in them, there was a horrible smell of weed and other drugs... Ugh.

Sorry about that.

j/k

On topic - this is actually a common problem. The only way to deal is to relax and realize it's only peeing for chrissakes.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still avoid urinals at all costs. I can wait like 30 secs. for someone to come out of a stall. I remember my middle school's bathrooms were horrendous as well. Only one of the stalls actually flushed, and when I was in 6th or 7th grade we had to use... I'm not fucking joking... a port-o-potty for like 2 months. Oh god.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem sometimes. It's not that I am afraid of people looking, it's just that I lock up for some reason. Probably something in my subconscious. But yeah, when I REALLY have to go, I don't care. Like when drunk, or when my bladder is about to burst from drinking too much water.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
XD. I have been drunk once but not to the point wear I was like a drunk frat kid, and damn your schools sound like they suck. I don't think something like that has ever happened in my school XD.

Yeah I always use stalls though too. I feel much comfortable in them.

phoenixtaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sstew said:
... well then, Assuming your in a restroom [this wont work if your pissing outdoors]
tongue.gif

Then I'd go into a sit down stall with a toilet, not a urinal, take a sit and piss, its a lot quieter, and people cant see you
Maybe that'd help?
I hate sitting down on public toilets they're so dirty

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenixtaku said:
Sstew said:
tongue.gif

Maybe that'd help?

Lol, if I HAVE to use them, I'll like hover above them.. because I always seem to pick the one stall with piss on it >>

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
phoenixtaku said:
Sstew said:
tongue.gif

Maybe that'd help?
Put some toilet paper around the seat XD.

Anyways, back on topic. I guess I am just going to have to work on this in school and when I go to the mall or something. Its going to take a lot of time but I am pretty sure I will over come it. I really hate it though
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1