Homebrew PCHex - Homebrew PKHex

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought i might throw my two cents into the project by giving you guys a demo of what a more finished GUI could look like. Ill replace the red background with something else later.
There is 5x6=30 Pokémon, not 3x5=15 Pokémon per Box.

Is it coded already coded? Or is it just an image?

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can you compile it? I tried, but I could not.
Thanks bro!! :v

What errors the compiler throws you out? Is your enviroment set up correctly? You will need the last ctrulib, sf2dlib and sftdlib to compile the project

I thought i might throw my two cents into the project by giving you guys a demo of what a more finished GUI could look like. Ill replace the red background with something else later.

This is what i'm talking about! Looks really awesome. You could edit the source code yourself (should be fairly easy, just replace the placeholder) or, if you are not proficient with C, you could send me all the images and i will import them into the code (i'm talking about the boxes around the pokemon and all that stuff)

There is 5x6=30 Pokémon, not 3x5=15 Pokémon per Box.
This is not a problem as my gui code already provides a scroll down function (i realized though that the is not the most elegant solution in the history)

Last edited by Slashcash,

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't you like normal boxes... ?
I REALLY like this implementation but i thought it would have been too ambitious to start with that in mind. I will read your source extensively (or should i explore the possibility to recycle it entirely?)

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not at all proficient with C, so il PM you a zip with the textures. I'm going to need some time to get all of the Pokemon sprites though. I'll get back to you in 1-2 days.

this? v

Width : 40
Height : 30
PkmCount : 721
RowPkmCount: 25

For pkm v
OffsetLeft : ((SPECIES_ID) % ROW_PKM_COUNT) * WIDTH
OffsetTop : ((SPECIES_ID) / ROW_PKM_COUNT) * HEIGHT

For egg v
OffsetLeft : ((PKM_COUNT) % ROW_PKM_COUNT) * WIDTH
OffsetTop : ((PKM_COUNT) / ROW_PKM_COUNT) * HEIGHT

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Gocario,

flipcats22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added a background in this time. This is what PCHex++ will most likely look like when it is done if this design is chosen.
example-png.30489

I am interested in the work you guys are doing, and I don't want to sound rude... but can you make it look less bad?
My suggestions are to make the Box Menu better or more/exactly like the in-game one.
Also... 15 Pokemon a page? Really? Don't put their nickname/species there, just the icon. and don't put a box if there are not Pokemon in the tile. It just feels like scummy looking as is.

I did a quick image to show what I meant. Basically title of the box at the top, Pokemon 1-30 in the middle.
PCHeX.png

Last edited by flipcats22,

Alex Spady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIY, I am doing this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-phbank-pokémon-homebrew-bank.398718/
And I use spritesheet. (I find that is better to have one texture)
Could I go and use your box file in the build of "PCHex-plusplus-master?" Would it work if I compiled it like that? It's probably a childish question, but in all honesty, I really don't know what I'm doing. Thanks for any replies. Have a good one.

Edit: Oops. Meant to cite the other writing you did. The one with the link to your "boxviewer." Again, thanks for any help given.

Last edited by Alex Spady,

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could I go and use your box file in the build of "PCHex-plusplus-master?" Would it work if I compiled it like that? It's probably a childish question, but in all honesty, I really don't know what I'm doing. Thanks for any replies. Have a good one.

Edit: Oops. Meant to cite the other writing you did. The one with the link to your "boxviewer." Again, thanks for any help given.
I-I don't get it...

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So @Slashcash can you compile it ? :x

...of course, the code on github compiles and does the little things it is intended to do.

If you're asking me to compile it and upload the .3dsx ... i won't.

I don't want to seem rude but the project is in its early stages and uploading the .3dsx would mean giving you the possibility to mess up with your adored savefiles in unpredictable ways. This will cause a lot of users asking for fix or solutions, slowing down the work. Don't be impatient, i'm not a fan of the releasing frenzy. See the absence of a .3dsx as a barrier against an horde of users asking for fix on features that doesn't even already exists XD

Reactions: dsoldier

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
...of course, the code on github compiles and does the little things it is intended to do.

If you're asking me to compile it and upload the .3dsx ... i won't.

I don't want to seem rude but the project is in its early stages and uploading the .3dsx would mean giving you the possibility to mess up with your adored savefiles in unpredictable ways. This will cause a lot of users asking for fix or solutions, slowing down the work. Don't be impatient, i'm not a fan of the releasing frenzy. See the absence of a .3dsx as a barrier against an horde of users asking for fix on features that doesn't even already exists XD
I see. I respect your decision

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1