Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_yoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So as someone with a 4.5 O3DS XL who couldn't get the CIA manager to transfer over the network in order to use the palantine cfw it's now possible to run pasta cfw without CN on this firmware and the drawback is that only old .CIA files will work? Will the SNES emulator work? If I got that right, would anyone be willing to make a noob friendly guide on how to set up and run pasta on 4.5 and install CIAs?

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I warn anybody.

A part of the 3ds development community decided to repudiate pasta devs.

So : if you contribute to pasta, you will be repudiate (you won't be able to access 3dsdev for example).

Here is my take on this
Console hackers these days don't do it for tfun or curiosity, they want to make big money with opening a system. So a community formed where the talented hackers that find the exploits with proof of concept sell them to the flash card builders, which in turn make shitloads of money with the flashcards, so much they can afford to give out huge rewards for any new exploit missing in their collection.

Now an open hack would mean the end of the money flow. that is why the greedy or most delusional in terms of justification to what they are doing start to repudiate anyone they think is contributing to the end of the money flow on which they profit a huge deal off

arcangelnew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I dont know if Nop90 is reading all the post here, and I don´t want to send him a PM as Im sure he has a lot of them, anyway if you read this, if you couldbundle the fbi installer in your loader for MSET that would be the killer app, I believe is difficult or maybe impossible but who knows. excellent work keep doing it, thanks man.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I dont know if Nop90 is reading all the post here, and I don´t want to send him a PM as Im sure he has a lot of them, anyway if you read this, if you couldbundle the fbi installer in your loader for MSET that would be the killer app, I believe is difficult or maybe impossible but who knows. excellent work keep doing it, thanks man.
Huh? Can't you find it on github?

Reactions: Margen67

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how or why Alkéryn got banned?
Probably posting rom links, seen a few banned people.....ban happy time today......goodbye :unsure:
He posted a link to a ROM that he wanted translated; for more details look at his recent posts.
Three day suspension for posting a ROM link. Hopefully he will return a wiser person.

Now move on and stick to the thread topic.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, to install the dev-menu on your old 3ds sysnand without cubic ninja you have to :

Downgrade to 4.X download the PBT CFW copy the content of "SDcard Files" on the root of your sd card and follow this tuto : PART 2 step 10 to 18.

Then after that, you can replace the PBT Launcher.dat by this one : PastaCFWforMSET.

I understand that. But since the checks are removed, I am expecting all the CIA I installed using Palantine/DevMenu should run. Since my emuNAND/sysNAND is linked, all those CIA files appear in sysNAND, but they still don't load after the black/white screen. :(

You can tranfert your content (only if your nands are linked).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-moving-eshop-content-from-emunand-to-sysnand.379879/

If think there is an easier way with rx-tools.

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, to install the dev-menu on your old 3ds sysnand without cubic ninja you have to :

Downgrade to 4.X download the PBT CFW copy the content of "SDcard Files" on the root of your sd card and follow this tuto : PART 2 step 10 to 18.

Then after that, you can replace the PBT Launcher.dat by this one : PastaCFWforMSET.

You can tranfert your content (only if your nands are linked).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-moving-eshop-content-from-emunand-to-sysnand.379879/

If think there is an easier way with rx-tools.

Easier but riskier , a lot of people reporting bricked units...

Witalka_Shelby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,
thanks for the CFW ;), but i get a "null" system patch.. ;(

Code:
PASTA CFW LOADER
Initializing FS
Ready!
Getting system information...
Your system is (null)
Apply patch for type
Done!

Hope someone can help me..

NEW 3DS 9.0.0-20 E (AUS)

Thanks

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Hey,
thanks for the CFW ;), but i get a "null" system patch.. ;(

Code:
PASTA CFW LOADER
Initializing FS
Ready!
Getting system information...
Your system is (null)
Apply patch for type
Done!

Hope someone can help me..

NEW 3DS 9.0.0-20 E (AUS)

Thanks
Can you post the content of sd/3ds/PastaCFW/system.txt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus