Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as I understand it... Because I'm on 4.5 I can use MSET (9.2, etc not able to). Any CIA I install has to be a 4.5 and below game or homebrew. Is this correct?

I plan to use Pasta just to install legit CIAs so I can play them in sysnand. Will I encounter any problems doing this using MSET and pasta?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
FBI has version that can be launched from Cubic Ninja in the same way that PastaCFW is booted. So people are using that to install things. (usually by just installing DevMenu and such).

Now the trick is, if you have not installed DevMenu and such, you would have to boot Cubic Ninja twice. first you use it to start PastaCFW. Then you start Cubic Ninja again to start FBI. THEN you can use FBI to install unsigned CIAs.

Because if you jump the shark and try FBI before booting into PastaCFW, it will give you an error when you attempt to install something like DevMenu or BigBlueMenu.

I have a question... Why do people use DevMenu or BBM when FBI has a CIA build? Just curious as to see why people don't prefer FBI... I use FBI because it has more flexibility, such as choosing installation dir, delete sys titles, network install etc.

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a question... Why do people use DevMenu or BBM when FBI has a CIA build? Just curious as to see why people don't prefer FBI... I use FBI because it has more flexibility, such as choosing installation dir, delete sys titles, network install etc.

fbi is faster then bbm?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I have 20/30 vision and squinting at FBI's jumbled, small text makes my eyes wish they were dead. :P

Reactions: WhoAmI?

trickyhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once my new 32GB SD card comes in I'll be able to test this right! I suppose I can just transfer the files from the old card to the new one for Cubic Ninja to work.

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone can confirm if with this method is safe installing unsigned cias?

Seems to be the easiest method to install Pasta cfw on 4.x with mset. Anyway I'm afraid to install unsigned cias hehe

Reactions: Margen67

Some1Else46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody managed to get this to work on 6.2.U/6x? I got it to load up and boot but when I try to install a CIA with FBI, i get invalid NCCH about 50% of the way installing. I have done the title.db trick and the system did fix it. but still no dice. And yes, I am using ninjhax 1.1b and Pasta 1.1.1.

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Man, would I love a Launcher to launch launchers so I can launch either gateway or pasta on my N3DS. Cubic Ninja is a real pain in the buttocks and the game isn't even good.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has anybody managed to get this to work on 6.2.U/6x? I got it to load up and boot but when I try to install a CIA with FBI, i get invalid NCCH about 50% of the way installing. I have done the title.db trick and the system did fix it. but still no dice. And yes, I am using ninjhax 1.1b and Pasta 1.1.1.
Try another installer like BBM.

marcoz9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi guys i alredy installed cias and bigblumenu on a linked sysnand with gateway the thing is when i run the mset exploit it still says that i need to redownload the games from the eshop and erases them from sysnand not from emunand

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys i alredy installed cias and bigblumenu on a linked sysnand with gateway the thing is when i run the mset exploit it still says that i need to redownload the games from the eshop and erases them from sysnand not from emunand

If I'm understanding you correctly, I actually tried the same thing, except I'm using redNAND / Palantine CFW. Sadly it seems DevMenu installed thru them (Gateway/Palantine) does not work with PastaCFW, it seems we need to run PBT-CFW, install DevMenu/CIA Installer from there and then run Pasta CFW so we can install games. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

(I'm assuming it's because CIA's installed thru emuNAND will have missing files because it was installed in the emuNAND, and since PastaCFW can't find them, it won't run them.)

Also, can anyone answer me this. I'm still in 4.5 Palantine so I'm planning to run Pasta CFW then update it to 9.2. (So I can play 9.2 higher firmware games in PastaCFW)

Is this really possible? This is my current plan :

- Use PBT-CFW so I can install DevMenu
- Use 3DNUS to download the 9.2 firmware files
- Use DevMenu to install the CIA firmware files

So after that after rebooting the system I should have a 9.2 system that can run PastaCFW thru MSET right? I am really careful of this as doing the CIA installation wrong could easily brick the 3DS as it's on sysNAND. I really wish there's an emuNAND version of PastaCFW. :(

Also pakratt mentioned when updating to 9.2 I should not install certain files so I wouldn't patch out the MSET exploit, however, the firmware he suggested is for the EUR firmware, I have a US system, so I'm guessing the CIA files are not the same. Which files should I not install then?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I actually tried the same thing, except I'm using redNAND / Palantine CFW. Sadly it seems DevMenu installed thru them (Gateway/Palantine) does not work, it seems we need to run PBT-CFW, install DevMenu/CIA Installer from there and then run Pasta CFW so we can install games. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, can anyone answer me this. I'm still in 4.5 Palantine so I'm planning to run Pasta CFW then update it to 9.2. (So I can play 9.2 higher firmware games in PastaCFW)

So after that after rebooting the system I should have a 9.2 system that can run PastaCFW thru MSET right? I am really careful of this as doing the CIA installation wrong could easily brick the 3DS as it's on sysNAND. I really wish there's an emuNAND version of PastaCFW. :(

Also mentioned when updating to 9.2 I should not install certain files so I wouldn't patch out the MSET exploit, however, the firmware he suggested is for the EUR firmware, I have a US system, so I'm guessing the CIA files are not the same. Which should I not install then?
What you want to do is correct but pasta can't be loaded on 9.2 without cubic ninja for now...

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
What you want to do is correct but pasta can't be loaded on 9.2 without cubic ninja for now...

Ohh.... I get it now.... So that's why there's discussion for PastaCFW Launcher.dat modification for 9.2. I thought it was how to make the MSet exploit work in 9.2....

It seems it's discussion on how to make PastaCFW Launcher run for 9.2.... Thank you for the clarification. :P

marcoz9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If I'm understanding you correctly, I actually tried the same thing, except I'm using redNAND / Palantine CFW. Sadly it seems DevMenu installed thru them (Gateway/Palantine) does not work with PastaCFW, it seems we need to run PBT-CFW, install DevMenu/CIA Installer from there and then run Pasta CFW so we can install games. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

(I'm assuming it's because CIA's installed thru emuNAND will have missing files because it was installed in the emuNAND, and since PastaCFW can't find them, it won't run them.)

Also pakratt mentioned when updating to 9.2 I should not install certain files so I wouldn't patch out the MSET exploit, however, the firmware he suggested is for the EUR firmware, I have a US system, so I'm guessing the CIA files are not the same. Which files should I not install then?

Thanks i did the whole pbt-cfw and it worked great work !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@