Hacking Parental Control h4cked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saalih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im certain that Nintendo updated the 3DS so we can't use this cool feature anymore. PLEASE UPDATE!!!!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you just... reply to yourself? :unsure:

In any case, updating this might take some time, seeing that 7.X.X-XX firmware is nowhere near "hacked" yet.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I hope that the tool gets updated someday to support 7.X.X process.
Only a little true story to show that this tool actually helped someone.
My GF bought a used japanese 3DS here in Brazil to play some imports last year. It was discounted because it has a faulty charger conector (so we use the cradle to charge it) and the 3DS had parental controls configured to prevent eShop access but the kid's father and the kid himself didn't know anymore the code. Instead of asking for the question answer (that maybe was any junk only to get to the end of setup process), or trying to contact Nintendo (here in Brazil we don't have a phone service to solve those matters) she found VampireSwizzy program and used it.

So on her behalf I have to thank VampireSwizzy for making the GUI for the program :D

Reactions: VampireSwizzy

MegaSuperab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, kids who would even know about this tool USUALLY are too old for the parental controls anyway, seeing as the content on the 3ds isnt even really all that bad for the most part. This just gives a way to tell parents that the child you trying to lock out are just too old, lol XD I know its objectionable, lol, but its still funny.
Like me! I just need to move some things to get Pikmin 3, but Parental Controls blocked it!

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love how OP states "h4cked", clearly because it must be relevant to OPs interests.

VampireSwizzy

The real Swizzy
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope that the tool gets updated someday to support 7.X.X process.
Only a little true story to show that this tool actually helped someone.
My GF bought a used japanese 3DS here in Brazil to play some imports last year. It was discounted because it has a faulty charger conector (so we use the cradle to charge it) and the 3DS had parental controls configured to prevent eShop access but the kid's father and the kid himself didn't know anymore the code. Instead of asking for the question answer (that maybe was any junk only to get to the end of setup process), or trying to contact Nintendo (here in Brazil we don't have a phone service to solve those matters) she found VampireSwizzy program and used it.

So on her behalf I have to thank VampireSwizzy for making the GUI for the program :D

I do intend to update it with support for 7.x+ aswell, but... for that i need to get hold of the Nintendo 3DS Kernel (decrypted) so i can analyze it or someone else to figure out the new algorithm...

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry to necropost guys, but this is for the ignorant people who called this little program "pointless".

I scored an OG 3DS with 2.2 FW today.

It was stashed away at the back of an old 2nd hand store.

Unupdated, no charger, no SD card, beat up case (fairly good screens though). I used those factors to haggle the price down to half what they were asking.

Got home, cleaned off at least three years worth of dust and gunk, plugged in a charger, tried to reset the system to defaults but... Parental Lock'd!

A quick google turned up a link to this tool.
Unlocked the system in less than a minute. Too easy.

Thanks Swizzy! :yaynds:

And now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go talk to a man about a Gateway...

rickycoe123

Trophies
XP
Country
This is an old tool,

What would be impressive is a tool to bypass the 10 digit parental locks that were introduced in 7.X.X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-