Status
Not open for further replies.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it was actually 2 days ago...

yeah, i actually got one of these the other day for my brother...

so i guess it's not a very safe thing to be using...
Haha, I was kind of expecting something like that. Back in high school or whatever that's called in Australia (a year ago), we used to do that to the school computers there using a key. Stick a key in the USB slot of the PC next to you, twist it a bit and it's off. It was mostly used to annoy your friends. I'm not sure who found that out (and how) but it was funny to do occasionally. I don't recommend you actually try it on your own PC though :P

back25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now I hope he can figure a way to remove the annoying camera picture sound when taking pictures (the shutter sound.) I'm not aware of a way to do this...

There's better hardware for taking panty shots with bro...unless you really want it in 3D

shideneyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The code the tool is based on is NOT 8 months old, the code you link to isn't fully related even...

So why this project (https://github.com/3dshax/ctr/tree/master/parentool) is forked from the one made 8 months ago?

1357729011-untitled.png

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Ye, I know. Just sayin' that hacking is pretty close.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with hacking whatsoever. You may as well have started talking about your favourite 3DS game here, it would have equally as much relevance.

That was such a cop out there, too. You actually thought this had anything to do with hacking because you have no idea about anything, and now you're scapegoating. "I wasn't actually posting a retarded comment, I was posting a completely and utterly irrelevant one".

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Now I hope he can figure a way to remove the annoying camera picture sound when taking pictures (the shutter sound.) I'm not aware of a way to do this...
Well that's something that's part of the software itself... it'd have to be modified to remove that sound... it's not able to be turned off because it has it because of a japanese law that makes all cameras have to have that sound (so pervs can't sneak pics of someone pretty much). Turning off the camera sound is as far away as any other useful hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This thread has absolutely nothing to do with hacking whatsoever. You may as well have started talking about your favourite 3DS game here, it would have equally as much relevance.

That was such a cop out there, too. You actually thought this had anything to do with hacking because you have no idea about anything, and now you're scapegoating. "I wasn't actually posting a retarded comment, I was posting a completely and utterly irrelevant one".
Are you freaking stupid? Other posts over here were talking about hacking is getting close, all I am saying that it is coming close, newb.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you freaking stupid? Other posts over here were talking about hacking is getting close, all I am saying that it is coming close, newb.

Which we have no reason to believe apart from one screenshot from yellows8 that really doesn't show significant progress at all, and which you are commenting in a thread that has NOTHING AT ALL to do with 3ds firmware hacking.

Hey, why not go and post that in the PS3 section, too. 'Cause why not, right? It's totally relevant!!1! because it's GBATemp and we can all post bullshit speculation about 3DS firmware hacking in threads that have nothing to do it here!

And "newb", right. Says the guy who has only been around here for like a year. You think you're old because of your post count? Not all of us post absolute irrelevant bullshit in places it doesn't belong.

VampireSwizzy

The real Swizzy
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So why this project (https://github.com/3dshax/ctr/tree/master/parentool) is forked from the one made 8 months ago?

1357729011-untitled.png

Well, check the history of the parentool files, this repo isn't purely for 1 function, 1 tool or whatnot, it's multipile things in a collection, yeah... it was forked from a different one, but does that REALLY make it fully related? no... the code i ported has nothing to do with the intial fork in itself, the only thing that it has in common is that it's posted on the same git repo as the other source code... maybe neimod figured out how to do it based on the stuff from the other parts, but it doesn't make it related in a code sense... it makes it related in a sense och discovery... which isn't the same thing...

And like mercluke says i am the author of the C# port along with the GUI which you so kindly posted here with a bit missleading information wrapping around it...

Well you are wrong, neimod has gained access to things others do not on 3DS, allowing him to see things others do not know about, and tbh i do believe he figured out how this masterkey is calculated based on information he found within the kernel of the 3DS... making it a hack....

shideneyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, check the history of the parentool files, this repo isn't purely for 1 function, 1 tool or whatnot, it's multipile things in a collection, yeah... it was forked from a different one, but does that REALLY make it fully related? no... the code i ported has nothing to do with the intial fork in itself, the only thing that it has in common is that it's posted on the same git repo as the other source code... maybe neimod figured out how to do it based on the stuff from the other parts, but it doesn't make it related in a code sense... it makes it related in a sense och discovery... which isn't the same thing...

And like mercluke says i am the author of the C# port along with the GUI which you so kindly posted here with a bit missleading information wrapping around it...

Sorry, I got confused with the initial info I got by looking only on the surface ;) Thanks for your work.

D

Deleted-188346

33334937.jpg

Although it's nice that usable progress is being made for the 3DS, I don't think anybody that understands how to use this tool has any use for it.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
Although it's nice that usable progress is being made for the 3DS, I don't think anybody that understands how to use this tool has any use for it.
I bought both my DSi and then more recently my 3DS at a fairly large discount on eBay because on both occasions the sellers didn't know the parental control password and were selling them "for parts". If I had had this tool back then I could have saved the 10 minutes of my life that I spent on hold with Nintendo. You also can't ignore the fact that it's awkward to call up Nintendo and tell them you forgot the password AND the recovery question. Even though I was lying, I still couldn't help but imagine the customer service lady thinking, "This guy must be a real moron if he forgot the answer to his own recovery question".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head