Gaming Paper Mario color splash freezing issue

epicboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Tempers. Sooo I tried paper mario when it first came out on loadiine, but I always experienced random freezes after cutscenes end. I thought it might be an issue with my sd card, and got extremely excited when the Brazilian method was released, but even when installed on my usb, it still has freezing issues. And ideas what it can be? Thanks in advance

epicboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me too, after the scene in the beginning where the boat reaches the dock, I get frozen on a light blue and white striped screen. I don't know why this happened, but I was able to fix it when I used FIX94 iosuhax fw.img, just look up a tutorial on that. Also, for an easier way of downloading games,

I'm pretty sure that's against the rules to link that. I suggest you edit your post before anything bad happens.

As for that freeze, was that on your gamepad screen? Maybe you were just looking at the wrong screen. But I will try your fix. I already have rednand, will using a different fw.img mean I have to redo the rednand procedures?

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that's against the rules to link that. I suggest you edit your post before anything bad happens.

As for that freeze, was that on your gamepad screen? Maybe you were just looking at the wrong screen. But I will try your fix. I already have rednand, will using a different fw.img mean I have to redo the rednand procedures?

If you already HAVE redNAND, you don't need to use the other one. I should read the rules before I post anything. But, that USB Helper is useful. And I probably WASN'T looking at the TV, because It was off. Wow. I feel like a moron now.

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be the USB. I had the same issue when I was using a 2.0, upgraded to a 3.0 with faster read speeds and its good to go.

As for the light blue screen, I thought I was frozen on that too but realized after I changed the TV to the Wii U input it was wanting me to play on the TV and not the gamepad.

NintendU_the_great

OFFICIAL GBATEMP TROLLER
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
This happened to me too, after the scene in the beginning where the boat reaches the dock, I get frozen on a light blue and white striped screen. I don't know why this happened, but I was able to fix it when I used FIX94 iosuhax fw.img, just look up a tutorial on that. Also, for an easier way of downloading games, use this link. (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/) It helps you download games and patches them to use with iosuhax. When you install it, open it. It should have a url box at the bottom of a popup. Paste this link in it. -REMOVED-. Then you will be able to download games, as well as DLC and Updates for those games.
remove the link...
the link takes to wii u titlekeys, which are wii u copyright crap / piracy, and GBATEMP doesnt allow such stuff. or if you want, a moderator can remove that post of yours and ban you !

epicboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be the USB. I had the same issue when I was using a 2.0, upgraded to a 3.0 with faster read speeds and its good to go.

As for the light blue screen, I thought I was frozen on that too but realized after I changed the TV to the Wii U input it was wanting me to play on the TV and not the gamepad.
I'm currently using a usb 3.0 hdd adapter and it continues to freeze. I guess I just can't enjoy that game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot