Homebrew PadSend for DS/Wii (PC Application)

refat17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, would you look at that, it worked. I just randomly decided to download the second posted version of pad send (which I believe i tried before) and tried it out without changing anything and it worked perfectly. The only real difference I can think of is this time I already had some set up ppjoy pads. I was wondering, is there a way I can sort of mess with the configuration. Like I was thinking of using button combos (so z + some button counts as one button and without z it counts as another). So in this style z is used as a button modifier rather than a button itself so it's sort of like you have more buttons.

Hmm I think glovepie can be used for what I suggested to configure controls rather than messing with ppjoy itself. I know with my wiimote at least, I can use glovepie to do things like button combos (and probably other things as well) and in the case of the wiimote any other functions related to it. Maybe translating it to another ppjoy setup using glovepie.

By the way, thanks Cyan for helping me at the time. (I know, a little late)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got a new computer and Windows7 64bit.
I used that homebrew as my main PC controller, but I'm now unable to install PPJoy without disabling signature check and always running windows in test mode. (which I don't want to do or mess my new computer with random workaround found on internet)

vjoy seems to replace ppjoy as it's a signed driver, but I've read it doesn't allow axis assigment like PPjoy does (L/R/cstick might be wrong in games, it needed specific assigment with PPJoy, see the guide I added on previous page).
not all vjoy works, but there's a link on the previous page to a working (and old) version.

Are there still people using PadSend with 64bit win7+ ?
a lot of users will go to Win10 and I guess it won't work either.
I just hoped someone would have a fix to install/use PPjoy, or have a new virtual joystick driver other than PPjoy/VJoy.

refat17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I was happy it was working, but even on Windows 8 my computer just bluescreens if I install PPjoy now. Vjoy is like the modern PPJoy, but it seems to lack the functionality that PPjoy has and PadSend seemingly doesn't work with Vjoy (because it was made for use with PPJoy). PPjoy is seemingly still in my computer, but it's all messingly in there (and since I can't install PPjoy I can't cleanly uninstall it either). Basically, If I want to use PadSend I would need it to work with Vjoy itself, but it doesn't seem like that would happen. I know Vjoy has older version that are suppose to work with PPjoy, but with PPjoy all screwed up in my computer, that won't really help (and I've never gotten it to work anyways). :(

It was fun for the few days it lasted though and a big congratulations to mntorankusu for getting something that I had read was impossible to work, and work well.

Last edited by refat17,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wish he would still be around to port his server to use vJoy instead.
I didn't try vJoy version linked on this thread yet. But I've read vJoy lacks the axis setting swapping. it maps the controller using its own order. it might be bad with analog sticks and triggers in some games.

if you are on Win8 64bit, you might have to enable test mode to install/uninstall the PPjoy driver.
Fix94 said he is in a permanent test mode state. I'll probably do the same. not being in test mode only prevent installing unsigned drivers.
I'll just have to be sure I'm not using viruses tools (tutorial to set test mode are not always from nice place).

Leshe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
"You might be able to hex edit the executables to change this to match your situation"
how do you do this exactly?
complete noob on hex edit

Last edited by Leshe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-