Homebrew PadSend for DS/Wii (PC Application)

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the alternative to me using Wiiload? In the Padsend pc program it just says "Waiting for connection", whether I'm running the dol or not.

Also once I'm in the dol there is nothing I can do but hard reset the Wii. Is this normal?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alternative to Wiiload : an SD card in homebrew channel.

WiiLoad is used to send the boot.dol by Wifi instead of SD card.

Place boot.dol here :

SD:/apps/padsend/boot.dol
insert the SD card in your Wii
go to homebrew channel
search for the padsend element (one without picture), and launch it manually. Done. You just replaced WiiLoad.

If after launching the dol on your wii your padsend.exe server on your computer doesn't detect the used controller, then it's something blocking from your network.
What are your PC and Wii IP?

Also once I'm in the dol there is nothing I can do but hard reset the Wii. Is this normal?
yes.
He didn't work a lot on his tools, it was more a proof of concept, and it's working fine for me :)
I hope he will continue his work and adds more option on the Wii/DS side, like setting the server IP manually.

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If after launching the dol on your wii your padsend.exe server on your computer doesn't detect the used controller, then it's something blocking from your network.
What are your PC and Wii IP?
My PC's IP is: 24.184.132.248

My Wii's IP is: 192.168.1.146

Since I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, is it possible that the issue lies within PPjoy? Or would that not explain the devices not connecting?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have a windows 7 to test PPjoy.

Your Wii IP is fine (192.168.1.x)
I guess your PC local IP share the same ip range (192.168.1.x) so it should work without editing the dol/exe.
the IP you gave for your PC is the Wan IP (internet), not LAN one.

Does PadSend automatically create a joystick information in PPjoy?
Does PPjoy is correctly registered in Windows' gaming device?
You don't have another computer to try ?

here are my steps: (Tell me if you don't see the pictures, the gallery is set to private).

Go to control pannel and verify that you have correctly installed "Parallel port joystick", and inside, you should see PPjoy.
gallery_746_245_53427.png

In PPJoy select Mapping to specify which Analog button you want to assign to each Axis.
Default setting is wrong! You won't notice at first, but some games will use the Z axis to move camera around, better set it to C-button for that purpose.
The default setting for Z-axis is set to C-x (for Z-x axis) and R button (for Z-y axis), we need to change that.

You need to change the axis assignation to this:
40106-PadSend_PPJoy_axis_config.png

Left stick X = X-Axis = A0
Left Stick Y = Y-Axis = A1

L button = X-Rotation = A6
R button = Y-Rotation = A3

C stick X = Z-Axis = A2
C Stick Y = Z-Rotation = A5

Sliders = nothing, GameCube Controller doesn't have a 4th analog stick.

Click Next, it will display the button's assignation, you don't need to change anything here, but do it if needed in your games (in case it doesn't let you re-assign actions to buttons in-game).

Done :)

Then, check your windows' game controller setting. If the setting in the "Parallel port controller" is fine, you should see it appearing as Controller1.
gallery_746_245_8654.png
gallery_746_245_16845.png

launch Padsend.exe server. it creates an icon in the taskbar.
gallery_746_245_1332.png

clicking on it show "waiting connection".

Launch the homebrew (DS or Wii), using any method you prefer (homebrew channel/wiiload for Wii, flashcard for DS).

Connect a gamecube controller (or else it stays on "waiting for Connection"), and it detects it :
gallery_746_245_8405.png

Gamecube A+B button pressed :
gallery_746_245_26341.png

You need to calibrate the 3 analog axis.
In Joystick setting, go to calibrate, move each sticks in all directions like asked (for L and R, press until it click).
And you should have this now :
40110-PadSend_Joystick_calibration.png

I wish we could use Wiimote/nunchuk and Classic Controllers (pro) too :D
I hope Mntorankusu read this ;)

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yMHNN.jpg

It seems like I'm doing everything right. Still waiting for that connection though. I've tried restarting the EXE, launching the DOL first, unplugging the controllers, but it still doesn't detect a thing.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, all seems fine.

It could be your network then.
Did you already tried using homebrew to transfer files between PC and Wii from Wifi?
like FTPii or Wiixplorer, or an emulator (Snes9x).

Can you detect network and transfer files correctly?

Maybe Windows7 is blocking the IP 192.168.1.255?
you may have a router or firewall blocking that.
you should allow UDP traffic on port 9501.

And last, did you try with a DS instead of the wii?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has anyone tried using this in an emulator like Project64? I tried to map the Buttons, but couldn't map the joystick and the C-Buttons properly (I wanted to use a GameCube Controller). So does anybody know if it is possible to map the buttons correctly? And if how? Do I need to configure PPJoy another way maybe? I already tried some things, but that just made it worse, so I would be glad to have some help

gralco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see this work on POSIX-compliant systems, could you please provide the source code for the server binary?

QuickQuestion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've really been looking into this for dolphin, but unfortunately run into this weird problem:
sPhnDcw.jpg

I've hex edited both the .dol on my wii and the server file/tried the newer server exe; but I still run into this problem. The only results that came up from google were in regard to wiiload, which to my knowledge I didn't think was necessary for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edit*: I forgot to mention that this occurs after hitting the Wiiload client option in the padsend program.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
don't use the internal Wiiload option.
instead, either launch your Wii and run padsend from the homebrew channel
or
use your own wiiload.exe and padsend.dol (drag/drop padsend.dol to wiiload.exe) to see if you have the same issue.
Don't use Wiiload option if padsend is already launched on your Wii.
Wiiload is a wifi method to launch homebrew (HBC accept homebrew from SD, USB or Wifi)

Edit:
You installed PPJoy first?

refat17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have used wiiexplorer ftp server before and it has worked but this doesn't. It seems padsend just wont connect to my gamecube controller. I have ppjoy version 8.4.6 installed (which i have tested as working). I did exactly the same setup on ppjoy (only not changing the stuff not mentioned). I open padsend which has the wiiload thing which launches the padsend on my wii (with the correct IP address). On wii it says to start the server (which is already started), i then plug my gamecube controller and nothing changes. I've tried it with my gamecube controller connected before it launches padsend and same results. It shouldn't be a firewall thing as i set it up so firewall wont block it (public and private to make sure). I don't have .NET Framework 2.0 as nothing happens when I try to install it but already have the 3.x and and 4.x version already installed. I just have the "waiting for connection" message from padsend and that is all. the environment variables is set up with my wii's IP "tcp:192.168.2.10" and name WIILOAD.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you edited both the dol and the server to replace the hard-coded IP with yours ?

The server is reading on "192.168.1.x", but you said your Wii is setup on "192.168.2.x".

Open the padsend.exe in hexeditor and search for "192.168.1.255", replace the 1.255 to 2.255 and save the file.
The server is now listening on all IPs over the 192.168.2. interface.

I don't know if doing it to the executable is enough and you can use the internal "wiiload" option (it's sending the dol over wifi, both the dol and server need to be edited, there are two position which need to be edited, if you find only one then edit the dol manually).

Maybe you will have to do the same to padsend.dol (replace with 2.255 and save).
Now don't use the internal wiiload option, use your own external wiiload to send the edited dol, or put it on your SD/USB to launch manually from HBC.

refat17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I thought what you told me would work (changing the server ip especially), but oddly nothing changed. I used a hex editor on Padsend Server exe file and replaced the 1 with 2 in 192.168.1.255 and saved the changes (checking that it was saved to make sure). i then did then padsend_wii.dol gets created when i use wiiload which i checked and also has .2.255. I even did it manually (putting the app in my usb and loading from homebrew). Then instead of using the created padsend_wii.dol i just edited the boot.dol in apps folder and made it so it is 2.255 using my hex editor. I used both dragging it on wiiload method and putting it on my usb and launching it with hombrew. I also changed the wiiload ip thing which was 192.168.0.30 so i just changed it to my own ip All results have the same issue where padsend is waiting for connection.

it can't be my controller or else i wouldn't be able to close padsend in the first place (using button combo)

I've tried changing the order of when i put on the controller, tried other ports just in case (although i know the port closest to the wii's front is the first port).

I did everything I could think of and I really don't get why it isn't working.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It should work fine if you edited the IPs.
The only issue I can see is maybe you have a Firewall/antivirus/router blocking the used port.

I checked my server, it listen on UDP 9501

refat17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It should work fine if you edited the IPs.
The only issue I can see is maybe you have a Firewall/antivirus/router blocking the used port.

I checked my server, it listen on UDP 9501

I allowed access to port UDP 9501 to my router for the wii. I also disabled my anti virus. Microsoft firewall has permission for padsend to use network. I'm still getting same results and I know I changed the ip of server and boot.dol right, i checked so many times just to make sure. I checked FTP server with wiixlporer before and it worked perfectly fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help...