lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I'm currently stuck on V9 Firmware and running Goldhen so I can't log onto the PS network without updating to 9.3 Firmware...last week any PS purchased games and apps were working fine on V9 and Goldhen but I upgraded the PS4's internal hardrive so had to copy all of my settings and games across to a new 2TB internal drive...The issue I have now is all my originally digitally purchased games and apps from Playstation now have a padlock icon and won't run.

Is there anyway I can unlock them so they work on V9 and Goldhen again ?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you still have your original HDD you can reinstall that back inside your PS4 (it will still work) and you will need to dump and make fake pkgs of the games.

Official PSN games do not work if you backup and restore them because your PS4 needs to log into PSN to activate them again, which you cannot do. The same thing once happend to me.

If you still have the original HDD, it might be possible to copy over the licences but I dont know how or if that would work.

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks yes I still have the old HD , I'll look into dumping out the old games and apps...brilliant thanks

I have the original version of Manhunt but I can't for the life of me find another version online to replace it

If you hear anything about how to export the licences that would be great too :)

Reactions: Leeful

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
by the way do I have to physically insert the old drive back into the ps4 or can i get away with just plugging it in as external storage and dumping it that way ?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, you need to insert it internally as the PS4's HDD. Everthing should work as it did before but you will probably need to resync your controller.

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I made exactly the same mistake. While I still have the apps & updates pkg properly installed on my new internal HDD with their related idx & rif files, it's totally impossible to launch them. I searched for a solution and found that it may be related to my entitlements.db & apps.db files that are now almost blank. The first db file may possibly be restored via ftp with a python script I found, but, sadly I always get an error message telling me that python is not installed/cannot be found, which is wrong...

The whole process was described by Modded Warfare in one of his videos in early 2021 I think, but, once again, I'm telling you that I always failed to achieve it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, I don't know if you can get the licenses back just by ftp. This is something al azif mentioned to me when I told her I accidentally deleted the license for playroom via debug settings and content manager. This did work, but only because it's a free license. Paid licenses, I'm not sure.

Reactions: Mikolaj and Leeful

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks guys it would have been alot easier if the drive upgrade guide I'd read might have mentioned that I'd lose my licences during the migration...but I guess most people would just log onto PSN to regain the licences but now with Goldhen on V9 we won't be logging into PSN ever again :D

I've found a good app PS4 FPKG Maker GUI App although quite a bit of extra software needed and started testing it on my machine before I start swapping my drives back round...fingers crossed

Reactions: Leeful and KiiWii

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I tried to roll back to my original PS HD that should have retained the licences for the games but no change even on the original HD with all the games copied back...something must happen when you move them to external storage for the drive swap...I'm guessing as soon as you move a game in any direction the licence is lost and needs to be resynced :( oh well it was worth a shot and it was useful to see how you can use PS4 FPKG to move digital and physical games even if it didnt work for me on this occassion

Padremayi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, did you find any solution?

Hi, I got all .idx and .rif files from original HDD from these places:
Code:
/user/license/
/user/home/*/license/
and I got entitlement.db and actsync.dat from here:
Code:
/system_data/priv/license
I tried every combination, licenses in both places, licenses in only one place but nothing works.

The "best" error that I saw is "to buy the game from Playstation Store". idx and .rif contains my PSN ID so I don't understand why it doesn't work :-(

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it may have something to do with your userid or maybe the act.dat is changed in some way when you install a new drive. your userid is a random alphanumeric. it won't be the same if you format or change hdds. that's just a guess though, but I bet one of those things is the reason it doesn't work.

Padremayi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it may have something to do with your userid or maybe the act.dat is changed in some way when you install a new drive. your userid is a random alphanumeric. it won't be the same if you format or change hdds. that's just a guess though, but I bet one of those things is the reason it doesn't work.
Hi, PSN ID is not random, you can "sniff" the value during log in to the account via a web browser. And it matches the one inside the rif file. Where is act.dat on the PS4 file system?

Padremayi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't say psn id. I said user id. they're different.
There are Online ID and PSN ID. PSN ID identify your account and is unique. Online ID can be changed (via web browser inside PSN account) but it remains associated to the PSN ID. By the way my Online ID is the same of old HDD on the new SSD.

Where is act.dat?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about the user id. it's the folders that appear all over the internal hdd after you've either formatted or changed drives. your app.db uses your user id as well. in this case, I don't think the account id is used at all with that one.

Padremayi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was talking about the user id. it's the folders that appear all over the internal hdd after you've either formatted or changed drives. your app.db uses your user id as well. in this case, I don't think the account id is used at all with that one.
user_id inside savedata.db is in decimal format, if you convert to hexadecimal you obtain 10000000 that is exatcly the name of the folder presents all over the file system (e.g. /user/home/ or /system_data/savedata).

What I have to check? Could you please add some details?

I'm a developer and I'm trying to help. My application is totally automatic and downloads the selected retail PKG from Sony server merging the pieces during download. But for what is my experience this method is totally unuseful and I don't understand WHY the people with jailbroken PS4 want to download the retail PKG if they can't use the game (padlock symbol on it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.