Android Package Installer

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I thought up another way around your problem. Put this zip on the root of your internal storage and rename it update.zip. Next reboot into recovery (CWM or TWRP) and install the zip from there and reboot. It should then reinstall the apk during boot up.

http://filetrip.net/dl?s6J6Aojrs7 Try this instead, should lead to the download page instead of the embedded one.

Okay. Next problem. This is what appears when I boot into recovery mode:
android-recovery-mode.jpg
And then after a couple minutes it just boots the phone up normally.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hold the Volume up and power button while that little android is there. Looks like you never installed a custom recovery, though, so I don't think you can install zip files from that. I honestly think you might need to do a factory reset if you can't get any of these options to work though.

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hold the Volume up and power button while that little android is there. Looks like you never installed a custom recovery, though, so I don't think you can install zip files from that. I honestly think you might need to do a factory reset if you can't get any of these options to work though.

The problem with that is a factory reset doesn't install system apps I've removed :/

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps he should root his phone? Then he could do whatever he wanted.

He already did. The problem is he deleted the packageinstaller, and apparently the only ways of putting it back don't work for whatever reason.

@OP I'm honestly out of ideas, I really have no idea why you're having so much trouble with this stuff >.>

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is your phone's bootloader unlocked? If so you should be able to flash a custom recovery through fastboot and then flash the .zip provided earlier in this topic.

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just close the window and open it again.

BINGO! Hold on guys and gals. I just unlocked the bootloader and have made significant progress. Give me two more minutes to try previous suggestions and I'll post back here.

Ok I thought up another way around your problem. Put this zipon the root of your internal storage and rename it update.zip. Next reboot into recovery (CWM or TWRP) and install the zip from there and reboot. It should then reinstall the apk during boot up.
I did this, and it says it was successful, however I still can't install apps :/

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did it say it was updating apps when you rebooted? Try it again and then fix permissions.
It does not say that it is updating apps when I reboot.
Tried it. The way I'm testing to see if it works is clicking on an apk file on my phone to see if it installs. None of them are installing still :/

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the only thing you can do at this point is to reinstall a ROM. Here is the link for KitKat images.

And how will doing this help me? Just for curiosity and understanding sake.

NOTE: As far as I can see, I need to install the lastest version of TWRP, which I can't do with no package installer.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the OTA update for you phone.

Try searching for a JB OTA update to install. You are probably going to have to wipe at least /system so make a nandroid backup and sync with Google, etc. first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff