Gaming Pac Pix

Galaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some of the hyped games that I've seen are questionable.

But this game, Pac Pix, awe me from the start of the tutorial/begining.

The name and the box art really doesn't do this game justice.

This is definitely a must-have game.

Now, to the main point. Are there anymore games like this? Bring your drawings to life?

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Pac Pix is old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
older then my computer?
unsure.gif
frown.gif

Galaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How bout you play for more than 1 hour before you say how good it is..

I think I've already gotten there. Annoyingly, having to restart from begining of the chapter if you failed a page. It would be awesome if there's more game modes. such as wifi (Pacman vs Ms. Pacman?) Or perhaps some sort of unlimited mode.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I preferred Pac 'n' Roll, Pac-Pix was fun for about 10 minutes for me, it felt like something that should have been a mini game in another game.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was extremely innovative & showed what the DS is capable of. It’s a shame we don’t see more of these
innovative games to show off the DS. Looks like we are doomed to see the constant rehash line of Pokemon & FF
games that are on every consol. Another one that is along the lines of Pac Pix is “Kirby Canvas Curse” plus it has a bit
more to it over Pac Pix that gives it longer playability.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No offence people who like this game, but you're crazy =p Innovative use of the DS? more like a game that was made just because they thought they should make a DS game and felt it was obligatory to use the touch screen constantly. Games shouldn't be made just for that reason.

Try things like hotel dusk... they truly show what the DS is capable of. Games where the touch screen just nicely integrates and doesn't completely take over. A perfect example, in my opinion, is theme park. A classic game for PC, that didn't "need" porting. But they did port it, and they didn't make it overly touch screen... the touch screen just compliments it and makes it a pleasure to play. The touch screen enhances the game, not hinders it.

Unfortunately I think we haven't seen the end of games using the touch screen for the sake of it. The same with the wii to be honest. Especially with developers who develop for every single console.

m|kk|

Trophies
Website
www.mikki.com
XP
Country
United States
Yoshi Touch and Go makes use of the touchscreen *and* the microphone
tongue.gif

It's a fun diversion for playing every once in a while... I get annoyed by starting at the same place over and over and over again tho.
wink2.gif
Wish the levels were more diverse.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it's funny there really are two types of opinions about this game. Some people found this game to gimmicky and therefore didn't like it, and some people where immediately drawn to the fact that you could play with your own drawings. I belonging to the latter group and still think it's a wonderful game, no matter how repetitive it is
smile.gif

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t get what you’re saying Little, your comparing a PC port were they just replaced the mouse for the stylus in theme park, & game play is just OK. To a completely new way to play a old classic that works & is still fun to play in Pac pix. There is nothing new or DS specific about what you mention. Why not mention Tetris it’s the same thing but with a few new additions. Pac pix & games like them are extremely innovative, you may not like them. But they’re amazing that they even work & are fun even for a little bit.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I wasted cash on it when it came out, made me not care to trust the other Pac game (n Roll) as the saving just blew and the drawing was just too sketchy on detection.

Truly hated the arrows because it didn't matter where your pointer faced, the neck of the arrow picked direction.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My point with theme park is that they didn't feel the need to add a billion touch screen features. Pacpix was created souly so they could use the touch screen. The game is the way it is because they wanted a touch screen game.

Galaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No offence people who like this game, but you're crazy =p Innovative use of the DS? more like a game that was made just because they thought they should make a DS game and felt it was obligatory to use the touch screen constantly. Games shouldn't be made just for that reason.

wait a minute, did you just say the game which built around the usage of touchscreen+stylus shouldn't make you use the touchscreen+stylus constanly?

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I wasted cash on it when it came out, made me not care to trust the other Pac game (n Roll) as the saving just blew and the drawing was just too sketchy on detection.

Truly hated the arrows because it didn't matter where your pointer faced, the neck of the arrow picked direction.

Yup, it SUUUCKS to draw a single arrow!

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Pacpix was created souly so they could use the touch screen. The game is the way it is because they wanted a touch screen game.
Bear in mind PacPix was also a launch title, so it's no surprise that an "innovative use" title to show off touchscreen capabilities would be in the line up. I don't see anything wrong with a game built around only using the touchscreen, it's there to be used.
happy.gif

I think it's worse when developers try to use the stylus to complement gameplay and screw it up by putting it in a game that shouldn't have it at all. Like in Castlevania: DOS where, despite 95% of the game using the d-pad, you can also navigate the status menu with the stylus. There's really no point. And the magic seals drive me up the wall; suddenly swapping from d-pad to touchscreen on a short time limit is a nightmare. (although I will confess to liking the cracky ice blocks
smile.gif
)

(Don't get me wrong, Castlevania's an awesome game but it'd be just fine without the touchscreen)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +2