Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I now have:
Sysnand backup, Linked 10.5 Emunand backup, Emunand formatted backup, Bricked 2.1 Emunand backup (the downgrade worked flawlessly, no error at all) and xorpads (CTR thing).

As I'm waiting a bit more before "patching" it and flashing 2.1 to sysnand, is it a problem if I restore my linked 10.5 emunand backup right now to keep using my system before downgrading sysnand?

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the guide successfully on my old 3ds xl and bricked my new 3ds xl. I foolishly didn't make a backup of the new 3ds xl's NAND via hardmod and only what the guide was telling me. When I did it for the old 3ds xl I followed a guide I found on youtube video below and used Win32DiskImager for dumping. Is there a particular software I need to use to restore the NAND on the new 3ds xl for sysNAND.bin or use the same software?

Last edited by TarkinMX,

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the guide successfully on my old 3ds xl and bricked my new 3ds xl. I foolishly didn't make a backup of the new 3ds xl's NAND via hardmod and only what the guide was telling me. When I did it for the old 3ds xl I followed a guide I found on youtube video below and used Win32DiskImager for dumping. Is there a particular software I need to use to restore the NAND on the new 3ds xl for sysNAND.bin or use the same software?

Same software, different NAND pinouts that might or might not be a pain to reach.
And of course, different NAND dumps since encryption, per-console infos and different models.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same software, different NAND pinouts that might or might not be a pain to reach.
And of course, different NAND dumps since encryption, per-console infos and different models.

Yeah, I looked it up and pulled the back off my new 3ds xl, my board is RED-CPU-10 and the contacts are on the underside of the board so that's why I didn't bother doing the hard mod.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It doesn't matter if you got he backup via software or hardware, as long as you have it.

Reactions: TarkinMX

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just finished restoring my 3DS's sysNAND and emuNAND back to "the previous state". Everything went smoothly as hell! No bricks, no hiccups no nothing! Thanks a lot to @SomeGamer and everyone else who answered my n00b questions xD Now... on to install arm9LoaderHax

"OTP DUMP: SUCCESS!"

Setup: New Nintendo 3DS USA Version with sysNand 9.2 and emuNAND (reiNAND 3.2) 10.6 with coldboot and menuhax 2.6.
Welcome to the B-) master race!

Reactions: Daidouji

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm still unsure about flashing it today but I wanted to try the script to see how it works.

I copy all the files from my OSX partition to my BOOTCAMP (Windows 10) partition. I installed python on Windows, I launched the script, a terminal window appeared and disappeared really quickly. (1 second lol)

The emuNAND_bricked in the directory disappeared and I now have a file in an Unbricked directory.

Windows 10 is running on my 13" retina MacBook Pro, fully installed on the SSD.
Is it normal that it is that quick? I imagined that the thing would last longer...

Last question, we still have no way to check if the "edit" was a success or not?

max_505

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm still unsure about flashing it today but I wanted to try the script to see how it works.

I copy all the files from my OSX partition to my BOOTCAMP (Windows 10) partition. I installed python on Windows, I launched the script, a terminal window appeared and disappeared really quickly. (1 second lol)

The emuNAND_bricked in the directory disappeared and I now have a file in an Unbricked directory.

Windows 10 is running on my 13" retina MacBook Pro, fully installed on the SSD.
Is it normal that it is that quick? I imagined that the thing would last longer...

Last question, we still have no way to check if the "edit" was a success or not?

It shouldn't be that quick. It took me more than 10 seconds before the process finished. You might wanna check your files in the Section 1>Backup folder. Everything stated in Section 1 of the guide should be there and should be named exactly as was stated (sysNAND.bin, emuNAND.bin, nand.fat16.xorpad, and nand.fat16.0x4.xorpad).

I'll upload a pic in a couple of minutes showing what happened when I launched the script.

EDIT: Here it is. Check the one that looks like the cmd window. That should be what it'll look like when you run the script. It'll process 2 files, namely: the nand.fat16.xorpad, and nand.fat16.0x4.xorpad files inside the Section I>Backup folder (that's why it's really important to place those in the correct folder and ensure that those are labeled correctly). Sorry if the pic is a bit dark and orange-y. I was running F.lux since it was late at night already.

http://i.imgur.com/pWzFM08.jpg

Last edited by max_505,

InvoxiPlayGames

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.invoxiplaygames.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know why the 2.1 browser and 3DS freezes when I try to go to the page? Using a custom 2.1 downgrade pack with a 4.x MSET to get back into the Gateway Menu to restore my NAND.bin. 2.1.0-4E System with no Cubic Ninja.

Edit: It seems the downgrade didn't affect the browser, still on 1.7567 from 9.2

Last edited by InvoxiPlayGames,

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It shouldn't be that quick. It took me more than 10 seconds before the process finished. You might wanna check your files in the Section 1>Backup folder. Everything stated in Section 1 of the guide should be there and should be named exactly as was stated (sysNAND.bin, emuNAND.bin, nand.fat16.xorpad, and nand.fat16.0x4.xorpad).

I'll upload a pic in a couple of minutes showing what happened when I launched the script.

EDIT: Here it is. Check the one that looks like the cmd window. That should be what it'll look like when you run the script. It'll process 2 files, namely: the nand.fat16.xorpad, and nand.fat16.0x4.xorpad files inside the Section I>Backup folder (that's why it's really important to place those in the correct folder and ensure that those are labeled correctly). Sorry if the pic is a bit dark and orange-y. I was running F.lux since it was late at night already.

http://i.imgur.com/pWzFM08.jpg

Everything is at the right place, I followed the tutorial conscientiously, I don't understand why it does that. (That's why I started to think that it may be link to the SSD...)

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is at the right place, I followed the tutorial conscientiously, I don't understand why it does that. (That's why I started to think that it may be link to the SSD...)

it typically means there's something wrong with input files. make sure the name, capitalization, etc is all correct. sometimes, it could also mean making sure there are no spaces in the path to the file (some scripting languages dislike it unless it is escaped)

InvoxiPlayGames

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.invoxiplaygames.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0