Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

hirvimies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So to start from this guide I need linked SYSNAND & EMUNAND correct (like start fromscratch)?

Also, what do these two steps even mean? (Sound like step 12 should be step 11?
"
11. Delete sysNAND.bin, emuNAND.bin, and nand.fat16.xorpad from the root of your SD card, then reinsert into your 3DS.
12. Copy all files from your SD card into Old_3DS_Cubic_[U/E/J]/Section_I/Backup/SD_Backup on your computer.
"

No, your sysNAND & emuNAND should be unlinked. Otherwise I imagine there will be problems when you downgrade your emuNAND to 2.1.

And no, the guide is correct. Read #10 again:

"10. Put your SD card in your computer, then copy over sysNAND.bin, emuNAND.bin, and nand.fat16.xorpad from the root of your SD card to Old_3DS_Cubic_[U/E/J]/Section_I/Backup/"

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, your sysNAND & emuNAND should be unlinked. Otherwise I imagine there will be problems when you downgrade your emuNAND to 2.1.

And no, the guide is correct. Read #10 again:

"10. Put your SD card in your computer, then copy over sysNAND.bin, emuNAND.bin, and nand.fat16.xorpad from the root of your SD card to Old_3DS_Cubic_[U/E/J]/Section_I/Backup/"
I meant we need linked NANDs from the start of the guide because we use Tiny Format later in the guide to unlink NANDs after xorpad , right?

"Step 11 Delete sysNAND.bin, emuNAND.bin, and nand.fat16.xorpad from the root of your SD card, then reinsert into your 3DS."

Then read step 12. Are we supposed to back up SD card using ftbrony instead?
I need clarification since I read I should follow the guide to the T for brick-proof. And these 2 things confused me

Last edited by tivu100,

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant we need linked NANDs from the start of the guide because we use Tiny Format to unlinked EMUNAND after xorpad , right?

"Step 11 Delete sysNAND.bin, emuNAND.bin, and nand.fat16.xorpad from the root of your SD card, then reinsert into your 3DS."

Then read step 12. Are we supposed to back up SD card using ftbrony instead?
I need clarification since I read I should follow the guide to the T for brick-proof. And these 2 things confused me
fixed, refresh.

Reactions: tivu100

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So another stupid n00b question... I need to "reinstall CIA Manager" in this case FBI... so do I need to enter formatted emuNAND, then HBL... then run Pasta then enter HLB AGAIN and install FBI from there right?
Use Decrypt9 from sysNAND to inject FBI into H&S on emuNAND.

Daidouji

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Use Decrypt9 from sysNAND to inject FBI into H&S on emuNAND.
I see, so I need to dump it from emuNAND, then run the PC process to inject FBI intro H&S and then inject that one on emuNAND from "Emunand Options Health&Sfety Inject" right? but the original H&S has to come from SysNand right?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I see, so I need to dump it from emuNAND, then run the PC process to inject FBI intro H&S and then inject that one on emuNAND from "Emunand Options Health&Sfety Inject" right? but the original H&S has to come from SysNand right?
  1. Run D9 on sysnand
  2. Select emuNAND options
  3. Dump H&S
  4. Refer to Universal Inject Generator on PC (you'll need FBI.cia as well as the .app you dumped)
  5. Repeat steps 1,2
  6. Inject H&S from the file UIG generated

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: does the Cubic Ninja hack step needs internet? I mean if you have the qr code save from the same model of 3DS on Cubic Ninja?

Asking this because in a scenario, when someone forgot to toggle Wifi on 2DS or N3DS, should sharing the save of QR code of the same model of 3DS would help?

Last edited by tivu100,

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I started the tutorial tonight.
I don't plan on doing every thing, I think that I read somewhere about future new checks on the 2.1 edited Emunand, am I wrong?

I dumped my 9.2 sysnand, my 10.5 (linked) emunand and the Xorpads.
I'll probably do the whole thing until the bricked 2.1 emunand and I'll wait a bit before editing the stuff.
Better safe than sorry, I guess!

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Question: does the CubiC Ninja hack step needs internet? I mean if you have the qr code save from the same model of 3DS on Cubic Ninja?
No Internet needed and you should delete CN save data before. And keep your wireless on, because Internet will be needed for updating!

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need internet for that step and you shouldn't have anything installed on your CN cart. To delete CN save data, hold LRXY on its main menu.
I understand. I meant if I have 2 3DS with the same model (Let's say O3DS), and only 1 CN & 1 O3DS has camera broken. Both downgraded to 2.1. Can I used the same save (hax save of the QR code from the package) for both of them? They should be the same right?

Daidouji

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just finished restoring my 3DS's sysNAND and emuNAND back to "the previous state". Everything went smoothly as hell! No bricks, no hiccups no nothing! Thanks a lot to @SomeGamer and everyone else who answered my n00b questions xD Now... on to install arm9LoaderHax

"OTP DUMP: SUCCESS!"

Setup: New Nintendo 3DS USA Version with sysNand 9.2 and emuNAND (reiNAND 3.2) 10.6 with coldboot and menuhax 2.6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...