• ChepChep
Translator(s):
  • MIA
  • TBA - Currently looking for help
Translation Status
  • 0.1% Stalled
Patch Download
  • None publicly available
I am announcing the beginning of work on an English Patch for Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke (Over My Dead Body) for the PSP.
I currently am able to insert text into the game via scripts and a GUI I created in python. I have also dumped the entire game text into a spreadsheet.

I am looking for help translating the game. My first translator went missing in action and stopped responding to emails. I found another but is going very slow. We have very little content translated and I am mostly just waiting to insert text into the game. Anyone that would like to help please pmail me.

-ChepChep

Screenshots

n4jcyd.jpg

5cm5uw.jpg

jioz1x.jpg

Last edited by ChepChep,

Majima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hope you can make it happen. The Vita sequel was a really unique and special game and this is the one Japanese people seem to prefer. One of the best looking PSP games too.

riesyukira

Trophies
XP
Country
The original ps1 release was just as awesome! Its quite unfortunate that it wasn't picked up by fan translators back in the day, but at least now we're finally getting one and it's by chep chep to boot!

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am calling it quits on this project. I have had very little progress in terms of finding an active translator for the past 3 years. I started working on this project in 2015 and I have gotten most of the scripts needed to insert text into the game. I have been successful inserting text into the game and can run it on the PSP and with PPSSPP without crashing or causing any glitches/bugs that I can find.

The main need for this project is translation. I have only gotten about 200 of the 14000 lines translated through the help of various people over the past 3 years. I have no plans to release a patch since its not enough to be playable and still requires some assembly work to fix the message boxes so that text does not go outside of them. I do no know Japanese. I am just a programmer.

I am posting up all my scripts and tools for the game in case someone else would like to tackle this project, use as learning tool for PSP translation or just interested in seeing what it takes to create scripts for translation. It was all done in python 2.7 and I even created a GUI for inserting text into the mlb files with the text and script of the game. Feel free to use these scripts for any purpose. I am releasing them to the community that helped me learn programming for the PSP.

(Oreshika - Python Scripts)

It has been fun and wish I could push this project forward since I have heard from every translator that has started helping me that this a great game. Most have stopped helping me because they ended up playing through the game instead of helping me and then never coming back to help.

I guess completing three major translation patches (La Pucelle: Ragnarok, Phantom Kingdom Portable and Half a Minute Hero 2) for the PSP is all I am going to get done. I guess its more than most. Life has just gotten busy now with work and family and not really having time or motivation to pick another project to just insert text from a different version and insert it into a game. I want to do something I have not done before. I am rambling so I will stop.

If anyone has any questions please let me know,
-ChepChep

We are working on it slowly. Have just one translator without much time to work on it.

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This games looks awesome[emoji108][emoji7] I've never played the Vita sequel. Hoping you can find someone who can help you out with this. Cause this a gem that everyone should be able to enjoy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tabigarasu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Late to the party here, but I'd been kicking around the idea of working on a translation for this for a while. I don't have the romhacking chops to get the raw data, but translation is in my wheelhouse.

Any interest in restarting the project or sharing the spreadsheet?

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have them if interested...

No guarantee they will work for you. I created them and used them for awhile but then my translators ditched me.

Feel free to use them for whatever purpose you may want.

Attachments

• Oreshika_Scripts_v2.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 144

LadyLyndis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought the site would email me about new posts to a watched thread, but apparently not...

I have only the most basic understanding of programming, but I figured maybe I could play around with the scripts and see what happens. Do they also include a way to dump the text to a spreadsheet?

Although I can't promise anything since my life is very busy currently, I would love to help get this translated someday, so having these scripts is a great head start. Thank you!

Last edited by LadyLyndis,

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the complete Script dump...

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke English Translation - Complete Japanese Dump.zip
    204.4 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: swosho

Tosui

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys! I'd be interested in seeing this project through, can help with translation.

@Tabigarasu @LadyLyndis did you guys manage to do any translation work?

@ChepChep are you still interested in the project? If not, it would be awesome if you could provide some help with unpacking/repacking the game files using your scripts. I have managed to unpack data.ore which results in a folder with all of those Unknown_xxxx DAT files. How should these be unpacked to get to the text itself?

Cheers

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You then need to run EZBIND_Unpack_Folder_v4.py on the dat files. Inside the dat files are MLB files that will need to be unpacked by MLB_unpack_v1.py.

Getting the text out is easy. Putting new text back into the files is the hard part...

-Steve

Hey guys! I'd be interested in seeing this project through, can help with translation.

@Tabigarasu @LadyLyndis did you guys manage to do any translation work?

@ChepChep are you still interested in the project? If not, it would be awesome if you could provide some help with unpacking/repacking the game files using your scripts. I have managed to unpack data.ore which results in a folder with all of those Unknown_xxxx DAT files. How should these be unpacked to get to the text itself?

Cheers

Reactions: Tosui

LadyLyndis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
United States
@Tosui I've not done any translation yet. I'm currently trying to wrap up my playthrough of the Vita game and then I hope to dive into this one afterwards. It may be a while though. If others get to the translation before I do I'd be happy to edit instead.

LadyLyndis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
United States
Just writing to let anyone who cares know that I still want to see this project through. I've been playing the game to get proper context for as many lines as possible, but it's slow going. It seems harder and grindier than the Vita game. I'm on generation 7 and have only beaten one story boss, and am still missing one job manual (I know where it is but it just won't drop for me). I realize my pace is glacial, but I'm doing my best :ninja:

In the script file, there are certain sets of lines that just seem to be garbled text no matter how I try to convert them. I wonder if they're subtitles or voice over or something? The sets of lines in question: 234-286, 1943-2735, 7237-7644, 10316-10472, 10480-10495, 11107-11132, 11916-11926, 12017-12027, 12130-12140, 12299-12309, 12386-12396, 12469-12479, 12528-12538, 12554-12561, 12566-12573. Don't know if anything can be done, but I thought I'd drop them here for reference at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1