PS1/2 Open PS2 Loader loading game in black and white

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play an English patched NTSCJ Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. Every time I load the game on Open PS2 Loader, it'll load the game up in black and white. I'm not sure what's causing the problem but might it have something to do with the game originally being NTSCJ or is the loader not compatible with this game?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is that the only game that shows black screen? Can you test run it using PCSX2? It might be a corrupted ISO.

NTSC and NTSC-J are all using the same signal, just one is locked for western region while other for Asia.

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I realized from my Wii USB loading gx experience that it's mostly PAL games that would be black and white whenever I play it but this seems to be an entirely different issue altogether. I've played the is on pcsx2 and it runs with no problems so it can't be the iso. All my other games run just fine.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try loading the game with Swap Magic (at least 3.6). It allows forcing video modes. I wonder if the translation patch might have included a video mode patch to Pal but I've heard of a few odd cases with Japanese titles having b&w video...

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind guys, I deleted the iso from the HDD and tried reuploading it again and now there's color! Now a new problem arises, the game is playing much slower than normal. Is this just a physical limitation to how fast my HDD can send data or the PS2 reads my HDD data?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nevermind guys, I deleted the iso from the HDD and tried reuploading it again and now there's color! Now a new problem arises, the game is playing much slower than normal. Is this just a physical limitation to how fast my HDD can send data or the PS2 reads my HDD data?

USB hdd? or internal using network adapter?

PS2 usb is only 1.1, so is slow and causes problems with many games. Internal should be fine though.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using internal.

Try playing with the dma modes under individual game settings. Strange as it sounds, it could be reading too fast. I had an issue with shadow of rome, audio was slow and out of sync with everything else until I switch to one of the lower speed modes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-