I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
I really don't know. Please send me 2 4Mbit saves (Zelda and Pokemon are 4Mbit) and 2 2Mbit saves (other games are 2Mbit)
tongue.gif

Foie2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I emailed you a zelda save, and a few others. (Tetris, Clubhouse Games, and Mario Kart) Sorry, but I didn't have pokemon.

Will those work?

Shuny

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
After 8 months of development, here is the new version of the Savegames Converter !

Changelog :

+ Added the full support of the no$gba format (Compressed, Uncompressed, RAW), thanks to jsmith45 !
+ Added M3 Real DS support
+ The Savegames Converter has now 3 new designs, the two others will be uploaded in a few days
+ Engine of the Savegames Converter rewrote. It could have created new bugs, if you find a bug, please make a bug report in the thread at GBAtemp forums or in the internal forum.
+ Savegames Converter is now way faster thanks to the new engine
* Fixed the RAW conversion, which was throwing invalid saves
* Fixed a possible bug in the M3 conversion
* Fixed all problems related to 4Mbit saves, Pokemon and Zelda saves shouldn't be a problem anymore
* Other minor fixes

Any ideas and suggestions (especially for the design) ? Please send them at : shuny at shunyweb dot info

Have fun !

Shuny

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the awesome tool shuny!

I have a problem though: I'm trying to convert an R4 savegame for Puzzle Quest to N-Card (F-Card, to be precise, but AFAIK it's the same thing). The converter produces a 512 kB .sav for the N-Card, which the N-Card's Puzzle Quest doesn't recognize. I think it should be 256 kB file. Are you (or anybody else) aware of a problem with this particular game? Am I doing it wrong?

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's actually my fiancee's N-Card, which I don't have access to right now. I could send you her N-Card savegame tonite, if you need it. I'm fairly certain though that the N-Card produces 256 kB .savs, whereas the R4 produces 512 kB ones. But converting my R4 .sav on your online converter to N-Card gives me a 512 kB file.

Thanks for your support btw, it's dearly appreciated. My girl is bugging me daily, because she has a lvl 50 .sav on my R4 and doesn't want to start over..
wink.gif

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to say this Shuny but converting a DS-X Zelda save to CycloDS doesn't work for me. I'll provide as much information that I know about the saves. I have three different backups of my DS-X Zelda save which are different points in the game. The first being 12.3 KB, second 14.6 KB which doesn't work on DS-X unless converted to SC, and the last being 23.9 KB which stopped working all together on the DS-X. I've tried converting all three to CycloDS, SC then CycloDS, and RAW then CycloDS none of them worked. If this helps the save was originally from the Japanese game on my DS-X, then when the English one came out I used the same save and it worked. If you need the save files where should I send them.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry to say this Shuny but converting a DS-X Zelda save to CycloDS doesn't work for me. I'll provide as much information that I know about the saves. I have three different backups of my DS-X Zelda save which are different points in the game. The first being 12.3 KB, second 14.6 KB which doesn't work on DS-X unless converted to SC, and the last being 23.9 KB which stopped working all together on the DS-X. I've tried converting all three to CycloDS, SC then CycloDS, and RAW then CycloDS none of them worked. If this helps the save was originally from the Japanese game on my DS-X, then when the English one came out I used the same save and it worked. If you need the save files where should I send them.

The problem is Shuny's converter not taking into account that there are 2 types of DS-X saves:

Saves before FW 1.1.2: 256 kbytes (24 bytes header + .gz compression)
Saves from FW 1.1.2 : 512 kbytes (24 bytes header + .gz compression)

Currently, all DS-X saves are converted as if they were 256 kbytes in size: they are uncompressed, then padded to 512 kbytes if necessary.

However saves from FW 1.1.2 just need uncompression. The padding destroys second half of the save. For the specific Zelda saves, that makes them unusable. For Pokemon saves is not that critical because their saves are 256 + 256, so the first half is a working save.

Solution: just add a new save type to the list for DS-X 1.1.2. These saves just need uncompression, then deal with them as you do with Cyclo, R4 or RAW saves.

Note that for DS-X users with firmware other than 1.1.2, their Zelda saves are useless, because they are just 256 kbytes. I've tried to load separately both halves in a proper 512 kbytes save (each one padded to 512) and they don't work. So if Zelda is working (I mean saving and loading) on 1.1.0 and 1.0.2 is just because of data stored on EEPROM. If you clear it, you loose your progress.

Shuny

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France

The problem is Shuny's converter not taking into account that there are 2 types of DS-X saves:

Saves before FW 1.1.2: 256 kbytes (24 bytes header + .gz compression)
Saves from FW 1.1.2 : 512 kbytes (24 bytes header + .gz compression)

Currently, all DS-X saves are converted as if they were 256 kbytes in size: they are uncompressed, then padded to 512 kbytes if necessary.

However saves from FW 1.1.2 just need uncompression. The padding destroys second half of the save. For the specific Zelda saves, that makes them unusable. For Pokemon saves is not that critical because their saves are 256 + 256, so the first half is a working save.

Solution: just add a new save type to the list for DS-X 1.1.2. These saves just need uncompression, then deal with them as you do with Cyclo, R4 or RAW saves.

Note that for DS-X users with firmware other than 1.1.2, their Zelda saves are useless, because they are just 256 kbytes. I've tried to load separately both halves in a proper 512 kbytes save (each one padded to 512) and they don't work. So if Zelda is working (I mean saving and loading) on 1.1.0 and 1.0.2 is just because of data stored on EEPROM. If you clear it, you loose your progress.

Fixed.

(ZOMG, replying just "Fixed" to a long post is SO fun
rofl2.gif
)

Shuny

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
A hacking attempt has been made and my server has been automatically set into security mode, which explains the Forbidden Error.

I'll not allow this and I'll find who is the bastard who did that.

I'll put the server online soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021