bikingcam

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I think that all the online games so far for the ds have been lacking. Does anybody else think that Nintendo should make a game that is online that gets very popular and gets tons of people to play it for months ( maplestory or diablo 2 are examples)

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well if you're talking about making an online only game, then yeah I suppose it could work though it would make sense to add some offline elements to it too because not everyone is always going to be near an access point and the percentage of DS players online is obviously a lot smaller than the number of people who own PCs.
Also of note is that Nintendos sucky friend code service will restrict things a bit, and another problem is that there are limitations on the machine and the speed of the servers, so having more than a handful of characters onscreen at once will be near impossible.

Nonetheless there are still some great titles with online play coming out. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and Pokemon Pearl/Diamond should have some excellent online features. Then of course there's stuff like FF3, Yoshi's Island 2 etc...

smile.gif

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Something like maple story would be amazing but it would never happen because of the crappy friend code thing. Stupid nintendo
sleep.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.