Oldest game you enjoy?

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello,

what is the oldest game you genuinely enjoy for what it is? (1st release date)

My pick is Mario Bros. 1983

Please share your pick(s)!

Last edited by Creamu,

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Honestly Heroes Of Might and Magic 4 and StarCraft 1 and 2

ever tried Starcraft: Mass Recall? a mod (or more like an addon for it doesn't overwrite the game) to starcraft 2 to play about the whole first starcraft and addons in starcraft 2 quality.

Last edited by JaapDaniels,
Reactions: zfreeman and Creamu

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES games.. that's when games started to deviate & improve from the Arcade experience, improved story-telling, linear progression, gameplay variety, decent AI etc.

Maybe some arcade games before that (NES), but i can only play them for a short amount of time, since most of the time the experience was about getting high scores etc. And i have no interest in that..

Atari era gaming don't interest me at all, the gameplay is very simplistic and boring, most games have no story to speak off, sports games i couldn't care less..

Reactions: Creamu

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Asteroids (arcade, though most home versions are good for a laugh too) - timeless! The arcade original (and especially Deluxe) still hold up well today.

Adventure (VCS/2600) - Obviously I'm talking about the random 'game 3' here, which from a young age I always have a 'Best of 5' against the machine on: some placements are obviously impossible - machine wins a point, other times a duck (sorry, dragon) can get me - machine wins a point again. I will STILL play this best of 5 from time to time!

Reactions: zfreeman and Creamu

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Joust (1982). Pure skill gameplay, no luck involved. Just an incredible game!

I had an Atari VCS. some were very good games, perhaps short and repetitive.
My pick is Pitfall.

Tiddly-Winks :rofl2:

Pac-Man or Donkey Kong

Asteroids (arcade, though most home versions are good for a laugh too) - timeless! The arcade original (and especially Deluxe) still hold up well today.

Adventure (VCS/2600) - Obviously I'm talking about the random 'game 3' here, which from a young age I always have a 'Best of 5' against the machine on: some placements are obviously impossible - machine wins a point, other times a duck (sorry, dragon) can get me - machine wins a point again. I will STILL play this best of 5 from time to time!

Donkey Kong (my favorite arcade classic) is probably my pick.
I like many of the home console ports, too, honestly, even the ones that aren't greatly regarded, like the Colecovision version.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.