Gaming Old wii user needs a brief idea what to do

wii4it

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys,

I used to own a wii back in the days and sold it when it started gathering dust. Kids being kids, have done my head in, so I bought another 2nd hand one.

1. It's the old white model wii and it's got some sort of hack/backup manager installed, but what is the best or most up to date and supported one you can recommend and can it play backups from a usb flash stick?

2. Is it better to wipe out the hack currently on the wii and start with a clean slate? If so, what do you recommend?

3. Lastly, I've forgotten what to do and look out for, so what tutorial can I follow?

thanks again

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, update your softmod with ModMii, it's an application you run on your computer and it will install everything you need right to your SD card.

Yea, games will run from a usb thumb drive, or a usb hdd.

wii4it

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks very much for your help guys.

1. Can I use an SDHC card instead?
2. What about the old mod that is already on the wii? Do I need to remove it or am I Okay to go ahead without worrying about it?
3. Can you please recommend a good tutorial to follow?
4. Can the modmii play wbfs files straight off an ntfs formatted drive?

Thanks!

wii4it

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again guys!....just to update you:-

I've managed to install the modmii hack! HURRAY!!!

2 things though:-

1. The bootmii could only be installed as IOS as it said boot1 was blocking boot2 or something? Is this oaky and how does it affect me?

2. I have a 64gb usb flash stick and some backups in wbfs format...so how do I get these backups working on the flash stick?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1