Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does any version of Splatoon work or none at all?

On US console I've tried booting the EUR version stock. I renamed the files from EU to US. I applied the EUR update. I've overwrote the EUR updated files with the USA update. I've booted both miimaker and smash modes. I cannot get it to load in any of those scenarios.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
On US console I've tried booting the EUR version stock. I renamed the files from EU to US. I applied the EUR update. I've overwrote the EUR updated files with the USA update. I've booted both miimaker and smash modes. I cannot get it to load in any of those scenarios.
Looks like then its not working at all, I'm going to try now without the update see what happens I will let you know. A massive let down though that was the only one I was waiting for tbh I would of rather the team of got that one working before they released v4.0 :(

Edit: I'm not being ungrateful by saying that, just what I was thinking :)

Last edited by Reecey,

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
it's time for a new release v4.0 of loadiine. (...) the game is setup from the app.xml and cos.xml in the /code folder (...) We setup an about 7,3 MB big area for our own code in the address 0x00800000. It is freely available for our use.
Thank you @dimok and @golden45 :)
Does this now prevent values from being shifted in memory (which made most cheats not working in the previous release)?

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like then its not working at all, I'm going to try now without the update see what happens I will let you know. A massive let down though that was the only one I was waiting for tbh I would of rather the team of got that one working before they released v4.0 :(

Edit: I'm not being ungrateful by saying that, just what I was thinking :)

The single player is really not that great. Isn't this game basically online only and if so, does it really matter that much then?

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
From my short experience anyone having problems without those XML files should not post its not working until they test with them.
I got a lot of errors on most of my games that had them missing, from freezing to stack crashes. Restoring the xml files they work 100% again.
From my short experience anyone having problems without those XML files should not post its not working until they test with them.
I got a lot of errors on most of my games that had them missing, from freezing to stack crashes. Restoring the xml files they work 100% again.
how do I restore those xml files when I didn't have them in first place...? Would love be to able to test with them...

Last edited by Wiiunator,

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Another huge change is that we setup now a region for our own code with supervisor level execution access. We setup an about 7,3 MB big area for our own code in the address 0x00800000. It is freely available for our use. With that huge amount of code space it is now possible to start a really nice looking GUI. Seeing as someone already did start that (which is quite nice), but it is unsure if that source code is ever gonna be release. Therefore we will start our own GUI in the next step.

Dimok and Golden45

Reading this I was like "Holy shit eight megs? How in the fuck are the games not crashing- Oh right this was Wii U" - PS3 is something much different than this hah.

Excellence and glory you guys.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splatoon just giving me a white screen. Will re-attempt in Smash mode.

Froze on Smash screen. Unless this is a Wonderful 101/mickey 2 game, its not working. Off to try watch dogs.

Watch dogs works. Will see if Wonderful 101 is faster than before at booting.

Stack dump DSI exception with bayonetta 2. Almost 100% I'm missing the xml files however.

Splatoon is a special case. The kernel exploit removes the area it is using. We could however remove the changes made by kernel exploit after Mii Menu is launched as it is not needed at that point anymore. That could help that game. I didnt think of it yesterday but now that I think of it, it might work.

@dimok & golden45

GREAT WORK :)

Sadly DLC is not working, i own the whole package and clicking to buy it brings ISI.

20151119_030946_hdrxsoev.jpg

"Klicking the eshop button"
The online feature is not working at all. It might be crashing because of that. But from your stack dump it looks like it can't execute code from 0xE6483EC. That means to me that there is no code execution access to that area in that moment. It could have something to do with us setup IBAT4 for our usage and override the kernel setup of it. Maybe IBAT4 is reserved for eshop?

hearing mix responses on MK8 and miimode. works or not?

From our tests (n1ghty and Cyan) MK8 works if it is not updated from both Mii Maker and Smash Bros and even exit the game to System Menu. If you update the game to the current update, it will not work anymore from Mii Maker but still work from Smash Bros. Though it freezes when you go back to System Menu.

monster hunter 3 ultimate works in mii maker mode on loadiine 4.0 as well. Assassin creed 4 EUR did not work in both mode... but I don't have the xml files.. it did work fine in smash mode in loadiine 3 though...

There is a trick if you are missing XML files and it was working before on Smash Bros Mode:
Just use app.xml and cos.xml from Smash Bros as a replacement ;).

Thank you @dimok and @golden45 :)
Does this now prevent values from being shifted in memory (which made most cheats not working in the previous release)?

Not necessarily. In contrairy it could have fixed it. I did not test it and I dont think n1ghty or Cyan tested it either. It means we moved our code away from the "Ninty code section" instead of placing it in between there to a completly different region (the Home Menu region starting at physical memory address 0x2CAE1000).

Reading this I was like "Holy shit eight megs? How in the fuck are the games not crashing- Oh right this was Wii U" - PS3 is something much different than this hah.

Excellence and glory you guys.

You are wrong here. It doesnt matter if it is Wii U or PS 3. If you have kernel level code execution, you can do this kind of stuff on both as you own the PPC side completely. There is always a chunk of memory that is not used and if you have 2 GB of RAM it is really very unlikely that there is not a single 8 MB chunk that is never used. What we do here is actually use a DATA only memory as CODE execution memory. Because we can setup IBATs with supervisor execution level we can setup us the code execution region of our choise. Of course it should be somewhere where the code/data area in the best case is never used or usually not used in the case of our application.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You are wrong here. It doesnt matter if it is Wii U or PS 3. If you have kernel level code execution, you can do this kind of stuff on both as you own the PPC side completely. There is always a chunk of memory that is not used and if you have 2 GB of RAM it is really very unlikely that there is not a single 8 MB chunk that is never used. What we do here is actually use a DATA only memory as CODE execution memory. Because we can setup IBATs with supervisor execution level we can setup us the code execution region of our choise. Of course it should be somewhere where the code/data area in the best case is never used or usually not used in the case of our application.

It was more that Wii U has 2 gigs of RAM and PS3 has 256Mb - That is on PS3 it is wise to leave chunks of background code like this under 1mb - though people do some crazy stuff with that still.

Reactions: Azel

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was more that Wii U has 2 gigs of RAM and PS3 has 256Mb - That is on PS3 it is wise to leave chunks of background code like this under 1mb - though people do some crazy stuff with that still.
Yeah 1 MB of code is still very huge!!! I work sometimes with 4-8KB on microcontrollers and that is usually enough too.

But yes I see what you mean.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah 1 MB of code is still very huge!!! I work sometimes with 4-8KB on microcontrollers and that is usually enough too.

But yes I see what you mean.
Yeah in my case there is app called webman that is background block in PS3 that does a huge collection of fun stuff including FTP, a Web Interface for controlling etc. and you even choose how much RAM it can use, at minimum it is 320Kb - Which is amazing given the multitude of things it does. But given there is about 1-2 megs of free RAM when game is running on the system, yeah.

Reactions: Azel

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey everyone,

it's time for a new release v4.0 of loadiine. It was quite a lot of work and it includes many changes. The launching method is changed in the way that the games are loaded. We found a way of gaining kernel level execution on our own code. There is code now that runs directly from a hooked kernel function called PrepareTitle which setups the titles before launching. At this point the function is hooked by our method and the game is setup from the app.xml and cos.xml in the /code folder of the games on the SD card. If you have the correct values here, most if not all games do run in Mii Maker Mode or Smash Bros Mode. The only game, that we know of, that has an issue is Mario Kart 8, which fully works in Smash Bros Mode it seems but freezes if you exit the game to system menu and does not work at all in Mii Maker Mode. But its fully playable in Smash Bros Mode though. In fact all games that we tried with correct xml setup worked (big thanks to Cyan, n1ghty and MLT for doing so many tests).

There was also a big change on how the whole folder structure and project structure is layed out. Many functions were moved and put together. There is now only one ELF file which includes fs, menu, kernel and loader stuff in one.

Another huge change is that we setup now a region for our own code with supervisor level execution access. We setup an about 7,3 MB big area for our own code in the address 0x00800000. It is freely available for our use. With that huge amount of code space it is now possible to start a really nice looking GUI. Seeing as someone already did start that (which is quite nice), but it is unsure if that source code is ever gonna be release. Therefore we will start our own GUI in the next step.

If you want to check out what kind of changes there were in detail and how this all works (especially the part about the kernel code execution and the memory area (DBAT/IBAT) setup will be very interesting for some developers ;)), just checkout the new github source code.

As for VCs, well those should theoretically work all too. You just need the correct values in the XML files. Since those are usually not available, we will provide a way of dumping the important parts of the XML from the original titles you own. With those values you can create a custom cos.xml and app.xml and use them to launch the titles.

Have fun with the new stuff.
Dimok and Golden45
Nice i cant wait for an app to extract the xmls from n64 VC and nds VC so i cant start making my individual titles for loadiine xD.

Last edited by pedro702,

RomAnOCrY

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! Thanks for this great update !
I try to launch SuperMarioMaker -> good !
Reboot the wiiU, try another one -> no able to launch Loadiine with the "A" bouton, (not the server option) i'm stuck on the menu selection, and the wiiU freeze !

Any one have this issue ? Thanks

matice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks! THANKS!!!! THANKS to everyone involved in this!awesome skills, you've achieved great things in such a small time!

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really Amazing work again, Dimok and Golden45 and all the other contributors. Awesome work in a very short amount of time !

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dimok you are a legend! actually used xml from resident evil, and assassins creed 4 works in both smash and mii maker mode! happy camper here!!! :)

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
I wanna jump on the loadiine wagon too !
Which 64 GB SD card should i buy or avoid ?
I don't need integred wifi lan and i aim for best performance :)

Last edited by AlBa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like cinnamon raisin toast in the mornings, with my vodka orange juice.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Eat da po-po? Same thing really.
    Veho @ Veho: +1