Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
noob question here, im UK based with a UK wiiu. is any of this gonna work for me? as I read you need smash bro USA. of course im gonna need to check my FW tonight, but ive kept it off the net since I updated to get game pads working in Mario kart 8, that was around December-January 2014.
works fine on EU consoles with EU disc, the wiiu is region locked anyway so buying a US disc would be pointless :P

Last edited by gamesquest1,

fossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so do I still need to buy a copy of smash bros usa region?

wow just checked the list and only mp10 has 5.3.2.

for a eu console you need smash bros eu.

yoshi wooly eu has 5.3.2 on disc, too (thats the one I used) and maybe a few others - check the complete thread, not everthing has been updated in that list.

Last edited by fossi,

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
noob question here, im UK based with a UK wiiu. is any of this gonna work for me? as I read you need smash bro USA. of course im gonna need to check my FW tonight, but ive kept it off the net since I updated to get game pads working in Mario kart 8, that was around December-January 2014.
It'll work for your EUR copy of Smash.

mariogamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would this work on firmware 5.2.0? Has anything changed with the browser exploit between that and 5.3.2? I didn't want to ask, but I see mostly people asking about later firmware than 5.3.2 and not firmware prior.

I'd imagine some more recent games would require the firmware update, but does loadiine completely block the update portion of the disc image? Someone mentioned I can get something like Mario kart 8 that has the update, but I want to make sure that buying a disk only for the update can at least be avoided until I have games that really need it.

Any FW can have this,but 5.2.0 is an exeption check here . All Fw who have an userland and a kernel can be supported.

Diablos90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I Have done all the steps, but when I try to load the modified kernel the console always freezes (like in the video tutorial of Ericzander).
Is there any solution? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

fossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you guys recommened a 8gb or 32gb console for this?
for loadliine specifically console memory size does not matter. games incl. updates and even saves are stored on a sd card.
generally speaking though I would recommend the 32 GB version (budget permitting)

D

Deleted-355425

Either or, really doesn't matter. Pick a colour that goes well with the rest of your electronics.

Reactions: thaikhoa

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
I Have done all the steps, but when I try to load the modified kernel the console always freezes (like in the video tutorial of Ericzander).
Is there any solution? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?
The kernel's boot rate is hit and miss. Sometimes you'll be able to do it 5 times in a row, other times you'll try 30 times without success. Just keep trying.

levepedro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
for loadliine specifically console memory size does not matter. games incl. updates and even saves are stored on a sd card.
generally speaking though I would recommend the 32 GB version (budget permitting)
how can i update the games if they are in the sd; the updates it must be in a folder in the sd card?
I updated mi games with wup installer, but when i load the game ej. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze i dont see the new version on the left side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: