Hacking old 3ds won't read r4i gold 3ds rts

Callum543

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I flashed nrtboot onto the flashcart successfully, however my Old 3DS will no longer read my flashcart + I can't get the boot9strap magnet method to work, am I doing anything wrong? Is this meant to happen? Followed 3ds.guide step by step.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I flashed nrtboot onto the flashcart successfully, however my Old 3DS will no longer read my flashcart + I can't get the boot9strap magnet method to work, am I doing anything wrong? Is this meant to happen? Followed 3ds.guide step by step.
You have to reflash your flashcart back to stock

ExorciseMe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds familiar, which step are you stuck at?
I guess at (Power) + (Start) + (Select) + (X) + Magnet which is where I got stuck.
Some parts of the exploit have to be installed on your SD card, not the Micro SD card in your flash cart.
Everything from Section I - Prep Work down to the execution of the exploit goes on the SD card.

Last edited by ExorciseMe,

Callum543

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This sounds familiar, which step are you stuck at?
I guess at (Power) + (Start) + (Select) + (X) + Magnet which is where I got stuck.
Some parts of the exploit have to be installed on your SD card, not the Micro SD card in your flash cart.
Everything from Section I - Prep Work down to the execution of the exploit goes on the Micro SD card.

I've figured it out now. Made a basic reading error; I had put the b9s stuff on the flashcart sd, not the device SD.

You have to reflash your flashcart back to stock

Will I still need to do this? How would I go about it? Thanks.

ExorciseMe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear it's sorted out. I corrected the little error at the end of my post.
The easiest way to put your R4 back to normal later is to just flash R4i_Gold_3DS_(HW_A7)-Flashrom.zip onto it, it's easy to find on Google.
Restoring the backup using the app used to flash the R4 didn't work for me, it wouldn't flash the card.

Last edited by ExorciseMe,
Reactions: Callum543

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I've figured it out now. Made a basic reading error; I had put the b9s stuff on the flashcart sd, not the device SD.

Will I still need to do this? How would I go about it? Thanks.
You need to select backup option (if you are using ntrboot_flasher) ot download backups (if you are using .nds option)

Reactions: Callum543

Callum543

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my SD Card files. I feel like there should be more, but I can't quite figure out what or how to get there :/

Attachments

• files.png
    files.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 231

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you hack your 3ds? I am asking because you are missing boot.firm.
And boot.3dsx for the HBL.

@Callum543, grab the boot.firm from the lastest Luma release and place it on the root of your SD card. That will get the Luma chainloader working again. Then you should get the boot.3dsx from the starter.zip from the guide and also put that on the root of your SD card so you can use the HBL and Rosalina.

Edit: Oh, you don't have B9S or Luma installed yet. Disregard the above.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Callum543

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did you hack your 3ds? I am asking because you are missing boot.firm.

I flashed ntrboot but b9s wasn't working, I had put the files on flashcart sd card when they should've been on the device sd. Which I think is what's messed up the flashcart.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I flashed ntrboot but b9s wasn't working, I had put the files on flashcart sd card when they should've been on the device sd. Which I think is what's messed up the flashcart.
So you weren't following instructions. if you would, you would ave boot.firm on root as safeb9installer and boot.3dsx for HBL. Follow this please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg