Hacking Official "Will Xenoblade Chronicles 3D work on Gateway or Sky?" Thread

neohyuga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to play Xenoblade retail cart and have the 1.1 update, while using GW Classic Mode? I think I cannot install an update CIA because those are not loaded in Classic Mode.

Thanks to cearp and other posters for the tools and information, such as this post (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...om-sys-and-emunand.377004/page-2#post-5461527) and many other threads.
I thought I could get my own signed CIA, and use that. So I used NTR to get into eShop and download it myself, then got my ticket.db, then created it via FunkyCIA. But that does not appear to work. It did not work.

I figure at this point I best wait for a GW update to be able to update to the current FW version, then update normally. But wanted to check if there is something I missed that would allow me to play retail cart Xenoblade and use the 1.1 update (stereo sound FTW!)...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is there a way to play Xenoblade retail cart and have the 1.1 update, while using GW Classic Mode? I think I cannot install an update CIA because those are not loaded in Classic Mode.

Thanks to cearp and other posters for the tools and information, such as this post (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...om-sys-and-emunand.377004/page-2#post-5461527) and many other threads.
I thought I could get my own signed CIA, and use that. So I used NTR to get into eShop and download it myself, then got my ticket.db, then created it via FunkyCIA. But that does not appear to work. It did not work.

I figure at this point I best wait for a GW update to be able to update to the current FW version, then update normally. But wanted to check if there is something I missed that would allow me to play retail cart Xenoblade and use the 1.1 update (stereo sound FTW!)...
you could simply setup emunand again after downloading the update via NTR so then the tickets are automatically available in emunand (make sure you backup your SD card contents again first)......ps the issue with manually transferring the ticket.db was probably that you unlinked emunand and sysnand, so emunand still didnt have access to the update as it was looking in a different folder

Reactions: cearp

neohyuga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could simply setup emunand again after downloading the update via NTR so then the tickets are automatically available in emunand (make sure you backup your SD card contents again first)......ps the issue with manually transferring the ticket.db was probably that you unlinked emunand and sysnand, so emunand still didnt have access to the update as it was looking in a different folder

Thanks for the quick response! I intended to state that I had unlinked emunand, but missed doing so. Thanks for noticing.

Since I used NTR to get the update from the eShop, that means the update is installed in sysnand, correct?

I'll try setting it up again, on a separate mSD, so that it is linked on that one.

neohyuga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, it did not work. Not sure why. sysnand should have the Xenoblade update. I used a new mSD, formatted emunand, copied my files from other mSD, booted Classic Mode, but Xenoblade does not see the update.

I then updated emunand to 9.5.0-23U. Retried Classic Mode. No joy.

Going to attempt installing the CIA I downloaded using my ticket.db.

D

Deleted-19228

Not sure how you would do that. Xenoblade uses new keys and is not decryptable via Decrypt9 or anything yet.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

as you must have read in thr FunkyCIA thread, your own correctly signed CIA is only installable by using PBT.
you used NTR to download it on your system, so you could either create emunand from that sysnand, or take the ticket.db from the sysnand and put it in your emunand (only if you have cubic ninja)

- ah i see gamesquest said this already, good! :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Unfortunately, it did not work. Not sure why. sysnand should have the Xenoblade update. I used a new mSD, formatted emunand, copied my files from other mSD, booted Classic Mode, but Xenoblade does not see the update.

I then updated emunand to 9.5.0-23U. Retried Classic Mode. No joy.

Going to attempt installing the CIA I downloaded using my ticket.db.
ok there is 3 ways to make it work,
1. just enter sysnand when booting classic mode by holding B (the easiest) just make sure you updated to the 3.2.1 launcher
2. as you already said you set up emunand fresh on another SD, i suspect you let it create the "Nintendo 3DS" folder before copying the original backup back on, to get emunand to recognize the old folder you must delete the newly created "Nintendo 3DS" one and THEN copy all the old files onto the new SD
3. manually transfer the ticket.db into emunand, but option 1 & 2 are simpler

neohyuga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok there is 3 ways to make it work,
1. just enter sysnand when booting classic mode by holding B (the easiest) just make sure you updated to the 3.2.1 launcher
2. as you already said you set up emunand fresh on another SD, i suspect you let it create the "Nintendo 3DS" folder before copying the original backup back on, to get emunand to recognize the old folder you must delete the newly created "Nintendo 3DS" one and THEN copy all the old files onto the new SD
3. manually transfer the ticket.db into emunand, but option 1 & 2 are simpler

#1 worked! Thanks again!

#2 did not work. I deleted the "Nintendo 3DS" from the newer emunand mSD, then copied the one from the old mSD card. But in Classic Mode, Xenoblade still does not see the update. Since #1 worked, this is not as important. But I wanted to understand why, so as to learn more about how this works. I did install that CIA I downloaded with my ticket.db (which now I know will not work, as cearp mentioned I would need to use PBT...). Would that "interfere" with the linked emunand loading the update from sysnand?

#3 I have the ticket.db. How would I transfer it to my emunand?

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if it's not currently possible to generate XORpads for Xenoblade 3D to make a CIA file from a cart, would this work?:

If your NNID were still tied to an O3DS and you can't purchase a N3DS game on the O3DS eShop directly, what if you purchased a code for Xenoblade 3D from the Nintendo web store? Would you then be able to enter that download code in the eShop on an O3DS to at least have the purchase tied to your account? Then you could extract your ticket.db and download a CIA with FunkyCIA. Would the eShop block you from entering a code for a N3DS exclusive game? Has anyone happened to try this yet?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So if it's not currently possible to generate XORpads for Xenoblade 3D to make a CIA file from a cart, would this work?:

If your NNID were still tied to an O3DS and you can't purchase a N3DS game on the O3DS eShop directly, what if you purchased a code for Xenoblade 3D from the Nintendo web store? Would you then be able to enter that download code in the eShop on an O3DS to at least have the purchase tied to your account? Then you could extract your ticket.db and download a CIA with FunkyCIA. Would the eShop block you from entering a code for a N3DS exclusive game? Has anyone happened to try this yet?
You could just use decrtyp9 to get your ticket.db file directly from the n3ds and make a CIA from that, it's just that nobody wants to buy it from eshop to do that

MaelstromVale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually made a cia of Xenoblade by using my O3DS, Simple Cia Converter, and rxTools. Transferred it to my N3DS and it installed and plays fine. I guess I got lucky in that I tried it before I read everyone talking about how it's not possible. I also don't have a japanese copy of cubic ninja for my japanese N3DS, so I couldn't generate xorpads on my N3DS anyway.

So if you want to make a cia, your only option is to dump the 3ds file from cart and generate the exheader xorpad needed for Simple Cia using an O3DS. You don't get firmware spoofing or region free, but if you're using Gateway there's not a ton of value in those options anyway.

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I actually made a cia of Xenoblade by using my O3DS, Simple Cia Converter, and rxTools. Transferred it to my N3DS and it installed and plays fine. I guess I got lucky in that I tried it before I read everyone talking about how it's not possible. I also don't have a japanese copy of cubic ninja for my japanese N3DS, so I couldn't generate xorpads on my N3DS anyway.

So if you want to make a cia, your only option is to dump the 3ds file from cart and generate the exheader xorpad needed for Simple Cia using an O3DS. You don't get firmware spoofing or region free, but if you're using Gateway there's not a ton of value in those options anyway.

Tried this a while ago and BBM said invalid cia. What did you use to install?

MaelstromVale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a BBM cia. It didn't give me any errors. I doubt it matters, but my O3DS is US while my N3DS is Japanese. My O3DS was on 9.5 at the time, and my N3DS on 9.4. I really didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Xenoblade was the only cia I've bothered to make myself, and I made it on release day so it surprised me that no one else had done it and people were saying it couldn't be done.

MaelstromVale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My internet isn't good enough to upload that much data, so I made a thread in the xorpad section of a certain site with the file I used to make my cia. I've only posted once or twice over there, so it won't go up before moderator approval, but keep an eye out. I hope it helps.

Edit: It's up now.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just use decrtyp9 to get your ticket.db file directly from the n3ds and make a CIA from that, it's just that nobody wants to buy it from eshop to do that

No, that's just it, my NNID isn't tied to the N3DS (region-changed), so the purchase cannot be made on N3DS directly. This is why I asked of using the round-about way of buying it online but then entering the code in the eShop. (Also I don't believe Decrypt9 does any dumping of files, just XORPad generation...)

This is great news to hear! Thanks for the information!

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure wish I kept my O3DS... Hopefully if this works for someone else, they can help us all out with more than just the header ;)

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My internet isn't good enough to upload that much data, so I made a thread in the xorpad section of a certain site with the file I used to make my cia. I've only posted once or twice over there, so it won't go up before moderator approval, but keep an eye out. I hope it helps.

Edit: It's up now.
Which version of simple cia converter did you use? I noticed OP has multiple versions offered and this might make a difference

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He found out how much the ambulance ride was going to cost lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, so one the salesman told him would get him bitches
    +2
    In my experience women like a big shift stick with lots of power.
    Something that really burns rubbers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Always remember that