1. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    is it easy to convert? thanks.
    and any reason one would prefer the msetforboss? i forget the differences really

yeah i was in a rush, you did just as your username suggests :)

gamesquest1 likes this.
  2. einstein95

einstein95 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    It's easy to convert, just need to decrypt the first 0x9000 bytes with openssl. No reason anyone would prefer one over the other, I just have it so I'm not continuously swapping Launcher.dat, only MsetForBoss.dat. The main difference is that MsetForBoss.dat isn't encrypted (and so compresses better).

cearp likes this.
  3. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

China
    It still requires a console which is able to run Launcher.....

That means we are still unable to dump 9.4 consoles without System Transfer.

4. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    sure, naturally, i take that as a given, there is no way to get stuff from a 3ds that is not exploitable - unless yes, you do a system transfer to an exploitable one.
    just like every hack on 3ds, right? :)

MelonGx likes this.
  5. peter14ji

peter14ji Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    I wonder if it can be made into ninjhax 3dsx files to dump new 3DS sysnand tickets.db.Do common 3DS card games have direct access to the file?

6. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    no i'm pretty sure ninjhax has no nand access, which is why it's only for usermode homebrew stuff.
    when gw release the new update, if anyone reverses that and let's us load programs that have access to nand (like what we do not with launcher.dat stuff) - maybe someone will port it for 9.x
    if it never happens, at the very least, if it is possible, we could system transfer to an exploitable old 3ds, and dump the ticket.db with that, and then access the n3ds exclusive tickets there :)

7. peter14ji

peter14ji Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    But AFAIK,system transfer from new 3DS to older model is disabled by Nintendo.Do all ARM11 processes have no system NAND access?NTR CFWhttp://gbatemp.net/threads/look-this-ntr-cfw.374954/ shows us a new way to make ARM11-based plugins,such as ingame subtitles,memory hacks and more.Hopefully Gateway may adopt this idea.

cearp likes this.
  8. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Now that it's possible to run ARM9 control from higher firmwares, wonder if he'll port it to the new launcher format?

9. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    very possible, i have the code myself so i can attempt it too

-edit. the nand code doesn't seem to work, i will see what can be done :) (i hope that the problem is not because the code is unstable and coincidently not working 7 times in a row... but it's possible)

Vappy, Raugo and lemanuel like this.
  10. Vappy

Decrypt9 was recently updated for generating NAND FAT16 partition xorpads, any chance the code from that might help with this?

11. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    well now you can decrypt your nand so you can get the ticket.db yourself, but decrypt9 does not read dump a file from nand (it could, sure) - and even then, it would be from sysnand and not emunand

Vappy likes this.
  12. Vappy

Sure, you can, it's just a little excessive for the sole purpose of extracting ticket.db, and I assumed you'd prefer a more efficient process to go with FunkyCIA :P

13. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    sure, but i don't have the ability to make an app like that! :) i will see if i can help with code to switch to emunand though

Vappy likes this.
  14. laramie

laramie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    can I use this for my new 3ds? It's on 9.0.0-20U, I'm using ntr CFW

15. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    this is old now, you would use rxtools to do the same thing :)
    but rxtools (and the tool in this thread) does not work on n3ds.

you will need to get the file 'manually'. get cubic ninja, use decrypt9, generate fat16 xorpads and dump your nand, extract the fat16 partition, xor it, and get the ticket.db :)

16. laramie

United States
    I have no idea how to do that, could you help me please? I can PM you if that helps.

17. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    if you have cubic ninja (or sky3ds) there will be some threads/posts you can follow somewhere, i can point them out maybe :)
    i don't really have time to help individual people, sorry

18. laramie

United States
    that's okay, I have cn, you you point me in that direction please?

19. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    do this - https://gbatemp.net/threads/creating-a-north-american-non-xl-new-3ds.381775/page-9#post-5426381
    then do this, you need python - gbatemp.net/threads/release-3dsfat16tool-dump-inject-the-fat16-partition-from-nand-dumps.380101 - some people edited my tool later in the thread, to add xorpad support, makes it easier
    then use something like winimage to open the resulting file. (or just rename the image to .iso if you are on mac and mount it)
    go into the dbs folder and get your ticket.db

20. weetbix

weetbix Member
    Newcomer

Hi, does this allow cia that are installed on a CFW to work and install in emunand? If so can I use rxtools dump/decrypt and inject the ticket.db? Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], Fantastic, emunand