ROM Hack Official Mother 3 Translation Thread

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started playing this over the weekend. I *loved* Earthbound, and this doesn't disappoint. Even before i started playing i hit the sound player, and that "Ohkaytah" sound made my heart happy
smile.gif

Also
The death in the first chapter made me sad. I didn't know what to expect from the chapter title about a funeral. And when it hit, i didn't quite come to tears, but it was still very sad none-the-less.

Can't wait to sit down with this game until i can complete it
smile.gif
W00t to the entire translation team for this one.

(cyclo + ez 3-in-1 works wonderfully
smile.gif
)

FierceDeityLink1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Harsky said:
I have a EZ Flash IV Mini SD but I can't get this to run. Running it in GBA mode says that I don't have enough PSRAM and running it via the slot 2 option in the R4 still gives nothing.
Highlight it, press select, and then press A to load it into NOR memory (in the GBA loader, of course).

RyanfromtheShire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any AR codes for this game yet?

I tried using the (J) codes, but they don't seem to be working with the translation. Can anyone confirm this?

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Finished it two days ago. This game is GOLD. EVERYONE should play it.

I'm not even interested in playing the new Castlevania now... D:

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh yeah... a little nice MINDBLOWN fact for those who already completed Chapter 2:

Notice the fact that the door not only just "opens" because of the dance - it actually LAUGHS!

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Playing on M3 Slim SD, and having lots of issues:

-freezes when you Toughen Up
-resets when back attacked by a Bitey Snake
-save stating ruins the sound
-back attack by a condor causes the sound to glitch and the screen to have weird lines and shit, it's scary
-fighting that tombstone in any fashion causes the same bug as condor

anyone had any luck fixing these? I heard some G6 users have the same problems.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rod said:
Oh yeah... a little nice MINDBLOWN fact for those who already completed Chapter 2:
Notice the fact that the door not only just "opens" because of the dance - it actually LAUGHS!
I was too busy watching Duster's reaction to notice that.

At some occasions the music begins to crackle and snap on my 3-in-1, but it stops when I change tracks quickly enough. Does anyone else experience this on actual hardware?

Xetelian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware this isn't a support thread but my Ez flash 3n1 + cyclo won't run it and I'm not sure where to look for information.

My apologies for interrupting this thread.

tigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten this to work on a g6(using a gba micro, if that makes any difference)? I can load up the game fine(loading it directly from the 'mycard' section(it won't load as a normal game)), everything runs great, but I'm unable to save, it simply gives me a 'unable to save', when I try to do so. Is there a save file I need to add? or something else I need to do to make it save properly?

Edit: Nevermind all that, a little sram patch with gbata fixed it fine

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Loved this game.................loved EarthBound but the transition to a more serious mood caught me off guard.

Already beat it twice, and it sure as hell ain't leaving my MicroSD

For lolage

abbadab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patched the rom successfully and used the client to put the rom on my ezflash IV even got the mother 3 skin... but after it loads into NOR i just get a white screen... any thoughts? i googled and searched for answers but came up with nothing.

Thanx

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being so noobish, but does the EZ Flash Vi work with the M3 GBA Expansion pack? Because my EX 3in1 battery is dead and it needs replacing, but I really want to play this game
tongue.gif

Sorry for the huge bump, but it is a sticky, and I really want to continue to play this game
frown.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Tux' said:
Sorry for being so noobish, but does the EZ Flash Vi work with the M3 GBA Expansion pack? Because my EX 3in1 battery is dead and it needs replacing, but I really want to play this game
tongue.gif

Sorry for the huge bump, but it is a sticky, and I really want to continue to play this game
frown.gif

Yeah it should. If you have to run it with GBAEXploader. =)

Ninjamohawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once tried playing the 1.0 patched version on my EFA-Linker II but after 20 hours or so my save got corrupted and I've been too scared to try again.

If I use the new 1.1 patch and SRAM patch the rom in GBATA (didn't do this the first time either), do you think it would work or corrupt my save again? I really want to play this but I can't see running the risk of losing 20 hours again for nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1