OCDM - Mario Maker 3DS course manager

OCDM stands for Online Course Database Manager

Features*:
  • import and export courses, both** 3DS and WiiU
  • cryptofix saves (if the game marked your save as "corrupted")
    • Note: this will overwrite the LockoutID in your courses, not in the save file, so please be fair and don't reupload others' courses :)
  • make/apply save snapshots (exports all files which are used in the save)
    • Note: please format your save data before restoring your save otherwise the game could mark your save as "corrupted", and this one is not cryptofixable
  • browse SMMDB
    • download courses
    • discontinued

*: these features are in the latest build at the time of editing this post, so functionality in the public build could differ
**: due to differences in the 3DS and the WiiU version, importing a converted course file on a foreign platform could crash the game on loading the course

bf9dd7f81f.jpg

dfa53dcd86.jpg

82f4e899ed.jpg

2d84f7a0f6.jpg

9f7d574fee.png

fd529e16c1.png

3e10674a00.png

fd5ea7441e.png

d593f2b5ff.png

f4b4b4fcf4.jpg

[Download] (not supported anymore)​

Last edited by Sono,

daddu3

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
that is why I was wondering if someone had the complete save data file, so all the tools are avaliable

From what I found, you can't import saves to this game with likes of JKV Save Manager. Apparently it detects if there's other people's saves and deletes them from your system.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means save resigner is needed to resign the SMM saves? Is there workaround to get other people's save to work with different 3DS?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
NNO! Course files are *double*-hashed! They contain 2 checksums! 2! The master hash (first 4 bytes)'s algorythm still needs to be broken :/
Are you sure the whole file is hashed? I could easily move them between 3DSes just by overwriting the LockoutID.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Are you sure the whole file is hashed? I could easily move them between 3DSes just by overwriting the LockoutID.

Not the whole file is hashed (it looks like the "master hash" isn't being affected by the 0x1C-big header at all), so that's why you can edit it, becase Ninty is a derp :P

Reactions: SomeGamer

AgentAntz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im a bit confused on something, need some clarification...
Whats the difference between a save file and exdata? is it possible to import someone else's save file but NOT created courses?

Im looking for a save file with all the tools unlocked. Im not looking for courses.

Is it possible? thanks for the help...

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It means save resigner is needed to resign the SMM saves? Is there workaround to get other people's save to work with different 3DS?

Well, I haven't tested it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work to just overwrite one of your courses with someone else's.
But otherwise ye, if you have modified the file(s) yourself, then you'd need to recalculate their hashes.

Im a bit confused on something, need some clarification...
Whats the difference between a save file and exdata?

The savedata (named "Progress") stores your current progress (d'uh), unlocked stuff, layout information, LockoutID, and some other unknown stuff.
The ExtData contains all the courses. Only the courses.

Last edited by Sono,
Reactions: AgentAntz

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So does that mean I can download other courses from the internet straight onto the 3ds with this, or do I need a computer to download them then transfer to the SD Card? (Sorry if it's a useless question)

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
So does that mean I can download other courses from the internet straight onto the 3ds with this, or do I need a computer to download them then transfer to the SD Card? (Sorry if it's a useless question)
Once this is actually fully functional then you can but this barely works right now though. Only one function works right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH