Hardware O3DS Camera Freeze 9.4

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up a O3DS hoping to use PKHeX and Ninjax, but it seems the camera doesn't work.

I get the following message:

"An error has occurred, Hold down the POWER button t turn off the power, than turn it on and try again."

I've tried 2 different SD cards and reformatted them. I know I don't want to do a system restore since it tries to connect to the internet, and I assume it will download current firmware. Any help is appreciated!

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's safe to format the system. It just needs to connect to the Internet to remove the link to the previous owner's NNID. It won't download an update, but it won't help the camera issue either. That error means the camera ribbon cable is damaged or unplugged. If you don't mind opening the system you can try reseating it. If it's just loose rather than damaged it might fix the problem. Sometimes they can come loose if the system is dropped.

Reactions: piratesephiroth

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The ribbon cable for the camera is the one on the top corner of the circuit board. You don't need to remove the motherboard to get at it. (the one on the underside is for the top LCD panel). That's the one you should check as that one is the one for the camera modules.

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember some guy had this issue, bought Cooking Mama so he could use Ninjhax, Gateway, etc., and it was the firmware version that didn't support the camera Nintendo knows why, and it worked fine before the update.

Regardless I find that pretty unlikely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-