Hacking NUSPacker - pack files into installable packages

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BotW from JNUSTool: 9.82 GB in 260 files. Installs perfectly.
BotW, the above .app files decrypted with Cdecrypt with two folders renamed, then repacked with NUSPacker: 9.79 GB in 27 files. Fails to install, error code 0xFFFBFFFB.

...It's always possible that Cdecrypt is spitting up wrong "meta", "code" and "content" folders from the JNUSTool files, and it's not NUSPacker's fault.
Two things:

Extract your new package and compare the output to your input, file for file, so you can tell if it was packed the way you expected.

Extract both with jnustool (by placing the installs - one at a time of course - in tmp_0005000xxxxxxxx under your jnustool directory.) Compare those results to the cdecrypt ones.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Two things:

Extract your new package and compare the output to your input, file for file, so you can tell if it was packed the way you expected.

Extract both with jnustool (by placing the installs - one at a time of course - in tmp_0005000xxxxxxxx under your jnustool directory.) Compare those results to the cdecrypt ones.

I decrypted the .app files NUSpacker gave me with Cdecrypt and got "meta", "content" and "code" folders that were exactly the same as what I put in. 9.64GB in 18,719 files and 661 folders.

Cdecrypt's decryption and JNUSTool's are identical. As the game is massive, I used the update's .app files to test. I got the exact same three folders from both programs.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decrypted the .app files NUSpacker gave me with Cdecrypt and got "meta", "content" and "code" folders that were exactly the same as what I put in. 9.64GB in 18,719 files and 661 folders.

Cdecrypt's decryption and JNUSTool's are identical. As the game is massive, I used the update's .app files to test. I got the exact same three folders from both programs.
Ok, then if you're satisfied that the decryption is not the source of your problem, then you're back to thinking that either nuspacker or the file/directory change is the problem.

If I were trying to figure out which, I'd repack the title exactly as it was extracted and ensure that the repack will install. I'd also have looked in the console's logs to see if there was some indication of what it was doing when it got the install error. (either with mocha/wupclient.py or by poking through the logs directory)

Reactions: FlappyFalco

FlappyFalco

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
OK, I feel like an idiot now. I neglected to uninstall the game as I thought that WUPinstaller would just overwrite it like it does with updates. I came to the realization when I came upon this video, which makes it clear that it's normal for NUSpacker to give you less files than you put in. I tried the same files again after uninstalling and now I have English subs and German voices with no problems. Sorry for wasting your time @nexusmtz . I think I'll make a tutorial on this, a lot of people have an interest in English subs with Japanese voices.

Last edited by FlappyFalco,
Reactions: nexusmtz

skins20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
block me I do not know what to do because it does not open or I can not run the "nuspacker.jar" I double click on it but nothing happens just create me two folders in the directory that are "tmp" and "optout"

exist a way Special to open that ".jar"?

skins20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The commands you see in the OP are entered at a command prompt which was opened at the directory containing the jar file. (Shift-RightClick that folder and choose Open Command Window Here) The app does not have a GUI.

-snip-
i have that errors---help! After that error begins the worst procedure then stops and And show me this(picture 2)the "space ravel.dff" Is in the "code" folder of the game....

Last edited by Minox,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and that is exactly the "Wii U Common Key Pastebin"?
That phrase is what you would enter as a search phrase on an internet search site in order to find out what the WiiU Common Key is. It's 32 characters that start with a D. We can't post it here. Once you find the key, you create a file called encryptKeyWith in the same directory as the jar file. Paste the key into the text file and save the file. (if you're using notepad, change the Save As dropdown to All Files instead of txt so you don't get .txt added to the end of the file name.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have that errors---help! After that error begins the worst procedure then stops and And show me this(picture 2)the "space ravel.dff" Is in the "code" folder of the game....
This isn't an edit, it's a completely different problem. You can't have a ddf file in the code folder. You should have 2 xmls and an rpx for this title.

Reactions: skins20

skins20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Correct me if I'm wrong: I have to look for the "wii u common key" after I create a text file called "encryptKeyWith" in the notebook, copy and paste that code.

-What termination should that file have?
-In which directory does that file go and how do I get the connection of that file when doing the repack?

According to the tutorial I just have to get this: java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in "inputDir" -out "outputDir" -encryptKeyWith 12345678123456781234567812345678

That "-encryptKeyWith" is the same one from which I create the file?
I should put it 2 times both in the windows commands and in the text file that I should create?

and that "spacetravel.ddf" Should I delete it? Forget to say that the game is patched undub version

Last edited by skins20,

FlappyFalco

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Correct me if I'm wrong: I have to look for the "wii u common key" after I create a text file called "encryptKeyWith" in the notebook, copy and paste that code.

-What termination should that file have?
-In which directory does that file go and how do I get the connection of that file when doing the repack?

According to the tutorial I just have to get this: java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in "inputDir" -out "outputDir" -encryptKeyWith 12345678123456781234567812345678

That "-encryptKeyWith" is the same one from which I create the file?
I should put it 2 times both in the windows commands and in the text file that I should create?

and that "spacetravel.ddf" Should I delete it? Forget to say that the game is patched undub version

The "encryptKeyWith" file should have no extension (.txt, .html, etc.) whatsoever.

It should be in the same folder as NUSpacker.jar.

You don't need to enter "encryptKeyWith" or the Wii U common key if you have the file. The program knows it's there automatically.

Reactions: skins20

skins20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tumblr_omny3oXCiK1sr34p6o1_540.png

Thanks to your help I could advance a little but I just had another error different from the previous ones

What could it be?

Edit: Resolved

Last edited by skins20,

craftsk8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi all! I packed the game(Lego Jurassic World), installed it and it works. But when i packed an update for this game and installed it, when i start the game, after first boot logo i've got only a black screen.
And this problem not only of this game, a few others games doing the same when i installed a repacked updates for these games.
Somebody knows the reasons of the black screen?
And is there is a way to do something with the game that she would be never ask for updates at startup? Maybe some editing xml files.. or something else..

Erxkum

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it possible to pack injected DS or NES roms that work on loadiine?

Edit: I tried to pack Chrono Trigger DS that I use on loadiine, it install using wup installer but it doesn't show on the menu to select...

Last edited by Erxkum,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is NUSPacker "bug-free"? I'm not sure if the repacking is right because I'm getting an install error.

EDIT:
After packing and CDecrypting the files look fine so either I made bad changes/additions or WUP Installer y mod has a bug. Should it always install no matter how I change the files? I guess the answer is "yes"?

EDIT #2:
I re-packed the original decrypted files and it gave me the same error code.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is NUSPacker "bug-free"? I'm not sure if the repacking is right because I'm getting an install error.

EDIT:
After packing and CDecrypting the files look fine so either I made bad changes/additions or WUP Installer y mod has a bug. Should it always install no matter how I change the files? I guess the answer is "yes"?

EDIT #2:
If it's a bug, it's probably in NUSPacker, given that all wupinstaller does is pass the install path over to the OS.

Take a look at your syslog using wupclient w.dump_syslog() or find your most recent one under /storage_slc/logs and see if there's any more info in there, like what file it was working with at the time.

Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

EDIT:

EDIT #2:

I tested serval "repacks" as well as creating the homebrew launcher channel everything works fine.
With which tool did you decrypt the game you tried to repack? CDecrypt still has some bug (the game should repack fine anyway)
Are you sure you entered the common key correctly and are in Mocha while installing?
What does the log say while packing?

Are you able to install the HBL Channel?
https://github.com/dimok789/homebre...nload/v2.1/homebrew_launcher_channel.v2.1.zip

Last edited by Maschell,
Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you sure you entered the common key correctly and are in Mocha while installing?
Yes.
Yes, I have it installed already. It worked fine.
With which tool did you decrypt the game you tried to repack? CDecrypt still has some bug (the game should repack fine anyway)
I used disc2app to dump a disk then CDecrypt and NUSPacker again.

Installing the directly dumped files installs just fine.
Decrypting the dumped files and repacking them however does not.
If CDecrypt still has a bug, what else are you supposed to use to decrypt?
What does the log say while packing?
I'll have to check on the weekend.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is the source titleID, and did you get it from disc or NUS? If we know what you're doing, we might be able to help isolate the issue or at least confirm that we see the same error.
The title id is 00050000-10113700 and I dumped it from the disc. I already got some help by @Maschell on Skype so I will try his suggestions before I might need some more tips.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof