Hacking NUSPacker - pack files into installable packages

sabykos

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you're sure that's what you need to do, you can add rules in the source under nuspackage/packaging/ContentRules.java, then make a new jar file. Be sure to specify the correct fstflags.

It's more likely that you don't have your input folder set up properly (code,content,meta), or you didn't specify a -in folder and empty -out folder on your command line. What kind of a package are you making that includes a fw.img, and which of the three directories do you have it under?

Well, I struggled a bit with -in and -out folder, since even though I specfied those, the program always was telling me it didn't find them and created an "output" folder, which I started to use after some failed attempt. I will look into that tomorrow, I probably fucked up something stupid.^^'

And I knew that someone would ask because of "fw.img". xD WiiVC games include those in the code folder. I try to repackage Super Mario Galaxy 2. FTPiiU doesnt let me replace the nfs files, those have some sort of special permissions, even Fix doesnt know exactly whats going on there. So repacking is the only way to test some modifications on the eggs header... I'm pretty sure this wont work either, but you neher know...

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I will look into that tomorrow, I probably fucked up something stupid.^^'

And I knew that someone would ask because of "fw.img". xD WiiVC games include those in the code folder. I try to repackage Super Mario Galaxy 2. FTPiiU doesnt let me replace the nfs files, those have some sort of special permissions, even Fix doesnt know exactly whats going on there. So repacking is the only way to test some modifications on the eggs header... I'm pretty sure this wont work either, but you neher know...
Ah. More specifics yield better answers. The rules simply don't expect a fw.img in the code folder. I don't see a method for specifying rules outside of the source (like a config file or command line parameter)

The current rules that apply to the code directory are:
Code:
/*00000001*/ rules.createNewRule("/code/app.xml",common_details_code);
/*00000002*/ rules.createNewRule("/code/cos.xml",common_details_code);
/*00000009*/ rules.createNewRule("/code/.*(.rpx|.rpl)",common_details_code,true);

Since the file doesn't have a known place in the order, you'll have to guess where to put it and what flags it needs.

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has there been progress with the fw.img file? I tried to package and install Mario Kart Wii using DKCR as base, but it fails because it does not know fw.img.

D

Deleted User

Is there a way to do this in reverse? To unpack an installer into loadiine format?

metal_mario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there i have a question i have the nusgrabber and everything works fine but
They dont have super mario 3dworld in the EUdatabase is there someone who can help me with that?

JackFrostSMT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a problem... i pack loadiine ready black ops 2 (since i cant find disc at any store) and it packs, but the wii u sees it as an update. WTF? and it turns 18gb into 4gb on usb. title.tik shows it as game can someone plz help ive been trying to solve for 2 days

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a problem... i pack loadiine ready black ops 2 (since i cant find disc at any store) and it packs, but the wii u sees it as an update. WTF? and it turns 18gb into 4gb on usb. title.tik shows it as game can someone plz help ive been trying to solve for 2 days
Open the app.xml and change the e in the title id to a 0

JackFrostSMT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open the app.xml and change the e in the title id to a 0
ok here is the app.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<app type="complex" access="777">
<version type="unsignedInt" length="4">14</version>
<os_version type="hexBinary" length="8">000500101000400A</os_version>
<title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">000500001010CF00</title_id>
<title_version type="hexBinary" length="2">0080</title_version>
<sdk_version type="unsignedInt" length="4">20806</sdk_version>
<app_type type="hexBinary" length="4">0800001B</app_type>
<group_id type="hexBinary" length="4">000010CF</group_id>
</app>

What do you use -encryptionKey with and what do you use -encryptKeyWith with?
i use the -encryptionKey with the game wud key from that site and -encryptKeyWith is the WiiU common key

-EDIT: I did test this, and the same thing happens :(

Last edited by JackFrostSMT,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you use -encryptionKey with and what do you use -encryptKeyWith with?
Think of this from standpoint of installing a regular title on your system. The WiiU looks in the ticket at 1BF to get the 16 byte encrypted encryption key. It decrypts that with the common key, which returns the package's encryption key. That key gets used to decrypt the files.

So when you build a package, you can give it any -encryptionKey. If you don't provide one, nuspacker uses 1337.... NUSPacker encrypts that key with whatever you give for -encryptKeyWith, which should be the WiiU common key, unless you want to confuse yourself and wonder why things aren't working. The encrypted version of the key ends up in the ticket, and the regular version of the key is used to encrypt the files.

As noted in the bitbucket overview, you can put the common key in a hex text file (32 characters) called encryptkeywith if you don't want to have to provide it each time.

i use the -encryptionKey with the game wud key from that site and -encryptKeyWith is the WiiU common key
Not that the wud key (if there is one) is any less valid than any other arbitrary key, but why use that?

Reactions: Maschell

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why its showing up as a update, is it possible that the game and update folders where merged at one point?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, if this is a possible DDD rip, it wont work anyways.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone here is confident about packing up a decrypted game and installing it please feel free to PM me. I have a request to ask if you have the time.

PeeJay Bonobo

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
It took me all night to figure this out, but with this tool, I was finally able to pack my SmashExplorer mod into Smash for Wii U via installable. The only trick was to get app.xml to spoof the latest version so I don't get blocked out of the game by an update requirement. As stated in Page 18, you CANNOT install modified updates this way, it won't work.

Faran Maqsood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi I'm new to the Wiiu scene and would really appreciate any help. I've used the NUSPacker on a few Loadiine ready Games. Downloaded the code and meta folder from NJUSTOOL. The game packs fine but when installing on my wiiu it gives me a WUP not complete error and doesnt install. Im sing Mocha 0.2 cfw REDNAND with otp and seeprom redirection enabled. I tried using a Wiiuhelper download game and that installs fine. Im using the Wiiu common key for ecryptkeywith parameter. I've also read all the previos posts but theyre too technical for someone like me. If anyone can help me Id really appreciate it.

D

Deleted User

Hi I'm new to the Wiiu scene and would really appreciate any help. I've used the NUSPacker on a few Loadiine ready Games. Downloaded the code and meta folder from NJUSTOOL. The game packs fine but when installing on my wiiu it gives me a WUP not complete error and doesnt install. Im sing Mocha 0.2 cfw REDNAND with otp and seeprom redirection enabled. I tried using a Wiiuhelper download game and that installs fine. Im using the Wiiu common key for ecryptkeywith parameter. I've also read all the previos posts but theyre too technical for someone like me. If anyone can help me Id really appreciate it.
Are you also including the content folder?
The only other thing I can think of is if your "Wii U Common Key" is correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...