ROM Hack NTRBoothax with a blue gateway card?

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard about ntrboothax being released now, and working on any/every firmware on the 3ds. I already have a cfw, but all of my friends (that no nothing about how to do this stuff) have been asking me to hack theirs for them. I have a blue gateway card (the one that does ds/dsi games) and I've been wondering if I can use this as a flashcart for ntrboothax. I know that the r4i is the only card that works, but in the newest version of gateway, the folder that I install on the sd cart is labeled "blue card (r4i)."

Thanks

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a Ace3DS+ with a read only memory chip. It is not currently possible.
FTFY

Although highly unlikely it will EVER be dealt with. It would not only involve RE on the Ace3ds+, but also dumping/discovering GW's own encryption key for the blue card. If it happens, It'll be the GW team that does it. It could also be a matter of WHEN you got your blue card. Some may very well be writable.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/analysis-on-the-gateway-3ds-blue-cart-updateable.357103/

Reactions: MegaKyurem

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FTFY

Although highly unlikely it will EVER be dealt with. It would not only involve RE on the Ace3ds+, but also dumping/discovering GW's own encryption key for the blue card. If it happens, It'll be the GW team that does it. It could also be a matter of WHEN you got your blue card. Some may very well be writable.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/analysis-on-the-gateway-3ds-blue-cart-updateable.357103/
I got it in late (summer of) 2015 since it came with my red gateway card (back when that was one of the only ways to hack 3ds's)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it in late (summer of) 2015 since it came with my red gateway card (back when that was one of the only ways to hack 3ds's)
either way, It's one of the LEAST likely to happen, even if your particular card *technically *could be flashed. You should cough up the $18 to get one of those r4i gold rts carts linked to everywhere in the ntrboot thread, while they're still in stock and before the price goes up even more.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: MegaKyurem

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FTFY

Also if you scroll down on the link that you gave me, the decryption (might not be the same thing, I think) was there.
either way, It's one of the LEAST likely to happen, even if your particular card *technically *could be flashed. You should cough up the $18 to get one of those r4i gold rts carts linked to everywhere in the ntrboot thread.
That's true. Just wanted to see before I bought one because I never use my blue gateway card so I might as well try to use that. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by MegaKyurem,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@urherenow, it's not possible at all. I have both hardware revisions. Neither is writable. The kernel can be updated, but not the bootstrap. There are test pads on the board, but they're simply SD slot testpads to allow batch testing at the factory. I've already investigated. :P

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now there's stargate-3ds in the picture as well, if one has the patience to wait for release&shipping. No idea how much it is though. I can't load the distributor's web site from where I'm at :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1