Hacking NTR CFW 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You install ntr as a cia in your emunand and run it from there. It'll look like it just booted back to menu, but it's running.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
hello all
ok so please forgive me if i come off as dumb but, im trying to do this [Tutorial] Use Collectible Badge Center on a USA/EUR emuNAND and i have some questions
my current setup is 2ds systemnand 6.0.0.12u rxtools emunand 10.1
1. this is cfw (i believe. cfw in a cia. . .wha?:blink: ) so do i need a new emunand for it? "im thinking no"
2. do i install ntr to emunand or systemnand? :unsure: "its emunand right?"
The .cia installer doesn't yet work with an emuNAND past 9.9.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this CIA safe to install to sysNAND if I want to run it in GW Classic mode? I know NTR can run in sysNAND, just wondering about the CIA version of it.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know you can't run any unsigned stuff in GW Classic Mode.

Not in sysNAND, but in GW Classic mode you can. I have eShop spoof installed in sysNAND so I can get to eShop in GW Classic mode. I had to do this so I could get my DLC for Smash downloaded correctly.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How do plugins work? And where do I insert .plg files? Also, having installed the .cia on Gateway, do I have to open the NTR icon and install it every time I open up emuNAND? Thanks.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
How do plugins work? And where do I insert .plg files? Also, having installed the .cia on Gateway, do I have to open the NTR icon and install it every time I open up emuNAND? Thanks.
make a folder in root of sd card and name it plugin. then put your plugins there.

You have to run the .cia everytime emunand boots. it's just like freemultipatcher.

Reactions: Kibido

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
make a folder in root of sd card and name it plugin. then put your plugins there.

You have to run the .cia everytime emunand boots. it's just like freemultipatcher.

Thanks, so if I also want to use one of the available hotkeys I need to set them every time, correct? Because I'm seeing that every time I boot it, the hotkeys revert to default.

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks, so if I also want to use one of the available hotkeys I need to set it every time, correct?

I'm not exactly sure because i've never used hotkeys but it sounds counter intuitive if you need to set it each time. Try it out and post the results.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not exactly sure because i've never used hotkeys but it sounds counter intuitive if you need to set it each time. Try it out and post the results.

I tried again and hotkeys revert to default every time. Anyway I inserted the overclock .plg in the plugins folder, what do I do now? There is no plugin option when I open the NTR Menu...

Last edited by Kibido,

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I tried again and hotkeys revert to default every time. Anyway I inserted the overclock .plg in the plugins folder, what do I do now? There is no plugin option when I open the NTR Menu...
for that you need to make the folder /plugin/home and put cpuclock.plg in that folder.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok. Just to be sure, is this a different folder from the one you told me to create before? Because you first said plugins, and now plugin. I know I sound stupid but does it make a difference? Just checking. Anyway it works. Thank you.

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ok. Just to be sure, is this a different folder from the one you told me to create before? Because you first said plugins, and now plugin. I know I sound stupid but does it make a difference? Just checking. Anyway it works. Thank you.

If we're being grammatically correct, I DID say plugin folder and put your plugins there

But yeah. It makes a difference.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the "current firmware not supported" the first time (n3ds 9.5 emunand). I just rebooted my console and it worked.

Last edited by VerseHell,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hello all
ok so please forgive me if i come off as dumb but, im trying to do this [Tutorial] Use Collectible Badge Center on a USA/EUR emuNAND and i have some questions
my current setup is 2ds systemnand 6.0.0.12u rxtools emunand 10.1
1. this is cfw (i believe. cfw in a cia. . .wha?:blink: ) so do i need a new emunand for it? "im thinking no"
2. do i install ntr to emunand or systemnand? :unsure: "its emunand right?"
NTR isn't a "traditional cfw" like the others available, NTR is pure ARM11 code/patches. This is why it can be launched from the homescreen of an already CFW environment.

It'd therefore be "easier" to port to 9.3+ 3DSes because it only requires an ARM11 exploit. Whereas the other CFWs available depend on both ARM9 and ARM11 exploits.

Is this CIA safe to install to sysNAND if I want to run it in GW Classic mode? I know NTR can run in sysNAND, just wondering about the CIA version of it.
No. You can't run unsigned code in Classic Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.