Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. You can't run unsigned code in Classic Mode.

Sigh, yes, you can. If it is installed in sysNAND it can be launched in GW classic mode. I have the eShop spoofer working this way as I stated earlier which is unsigned code.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sigh, yes, you can. If it is installed in sysNAND it can be launched in GW classic mode. I have the eShop spoofer working this way as I stated earlier which is unsigned code.
GW classic mode or GW sysnand mode? Because I thought GW classic doesn't patch signatures to enable playing legit cartridge retail games.

Reactions: Zidapi

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW classic mode or GW sysnand mode? Because I thought GW classic doesn't patch signatures to enable playing legit cartridge retail games.

If you install an unsigned title in GW sysNAND mode, it is usable in GW Classic Mode. It won't work in sysNAND naturally because it's unsigned, but since GW doesn't care if it is or isn't unsigned, it will run it because it's been installed to sysNAND, and that's what classic mode reads from.

I would have thought this was very common knowledge by now?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you install an unsigned title in GW sysNAND mode, it is usable in GW Classic Mode. It won't work in sysNAND naturally because it's unsigned, but since GW doesn't care if it is or isn't unsigned, it will run it because it's been installed to sysNAND, and that's what classic mode reads from.

I would have thought this was very common knowledge by now?
I guess something changed? Using Savedatafiler on retail carts like Pokemon and ACNL was an issue because we couldn't run unsigned code in Classic mode.. Let me try it right now :P

Edit: Gateway classic mode puts me in Emunand and doesn't let me run any unsigned cias.

Last edited by samiam144,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Classic mode put you in sysnand though? It puts me in emunand and I can't run anything unsigned.

It's been a while to be honest. I just know that in order for me to get my legitimate Smash DLC from eShop, I installed the eShop spoofer to GW sysNAND mode, launched Classic Mode, used the spoof to get into eShop, downloaded my DLC and it worked with my cart. I'm thinking back now and maybe I am wrong since the DLC CIA wasn't working which is why I had to get to eShop to get it.

Edit: I may have used NTR to get to eShop too, it really has been a few months and I'm keeping up on the WiiU scene recently.... Sorry for any confusion guys!

Last edited by Maximilious,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been a while to be honest. I just know that in order for me to get my legitimate Smash DLC from eShop, I installed the eShop spoofer to GW sysNAND mode, launched Classic Mode, used the spoof to get into eShop, downloaded my DLC and it worked with my cart. I'm thinking back now and maybe I am wrong since the CIA wasn't working which is why I had to get to eShop to get it.
Okaaay I think I know what you did. Maybe you launched the spoofer in Gateway Sysnand mode (not classic) and downloaded the update, then you were able to use it in Classic mode (sysnand) since it's legit!

strange55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't work in my O3DS (sysnand 9.2.0-20E) emunand 10.1.0-27E with last rxTools nightly, neither with Cakes 99, neither with Gateway 3.4.1;
so, is there any way to run ntr in latest emunand in old 3ds with any CFW/flashcart?
NTR cia identifies my emunand firmware as "09060000" (9.6) and says "current firmware not supported", does that mean NTR doesn't support emunand firmwares above 9.5 ?

Last edited by strange55,

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't work in my O3DS (sysnand 9.2.0-20E) emunand 10.1.0-27E with last rxTools nightly, neither with Cakes 99, neither with Gateway 3.4.1;
so, is there any way to run ntr in latest emunand in old 3ds with any CFW/flashcart?
NTR cia identifies my emunand firmware as "09060000" (9.6) and says "current firmware not supported", does that mean NTR doesn't support emunand firmwares above 9.5 ?
There is fix for 10.1.0 on page 35.

Raybrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works fine on my old 3ds, how do I get NTR Debugger to work, I've gotten the ntr menu to open by pressing X+Y but I dont know what to do next

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the NTR Menu you have to enable the Debugger, then you can connect the debugger to the 3DS using the connect command: "connect('YOUR 3DS'S IP', 8000)".
After that you can use the other command such as:
listprocess() --> To find the PID
memlayout (pid=0xPID) --> For list the memory zone you have to dump
data(0xSTARTOFFSET, 0xSIZE, filename='NAMEFORTHEDUMPFILE', pid=0xPID) --> the command for dumping
write(0xOFFSET, (0xXX, 0xXX ,0xXX ,0xXX), pid=0xPID) -> XX with the hex value you want to write in reverse, ex: 150 000 DEC --> 000249F0 HEX --> command: write(0xOFFSET, (0xF0, 0x49 ,0x02 ,0x00), pid=0xPID)

Enjoy the seek game :)

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't.
Well, the only way to do it is by editing the source code and build your own exe. If you want to give a try look for the method: "CmdWindow_KeyDown()" in CmdWindow.cs ;).

Narumimai_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have a problem with the cheat plugin.
I installed the .cia and the .bin.
When launching NTR CFW, everything is working. I also have the NTR CFW menu and all.

The problem is, when I'm launching a game, the game start, there is a green flash and then it freezes.
I put the cheat.plg on SD:/plugin/GAMEID/cheat.plg
I tried with another game and it also freezes. I tried on .cia games.
I tested on .3ds games, it also freezes...

I'm on GW9.5JPN.

I hope someone would be able to help me, thanks.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have a problem with the cheat plugin.
I installed the .cia and the .bin.
When launching NTR CFW, everything is working. I also have the NTR CFW menu and all.

The problem is, when I'm launching a game, the game start, there is a green flash and then it freezes.
I put the cheat.plg on SD:/plugin/GAMEID/cheat.plg
I tried with another game and it also freezes. I tried on .cia games.
I tested on .3ds games, it also freezes...

I'm on GW9.5JPN.

I hope someone would be able to help me, thanks.
check your plugin folder, make sure there is only 1 cheat.plg per gameid folder and no other files (enable view hidden files) besides cheat.plg,

Narumimai_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
check your plugin folder, make sure there is only 1 cheat.plg per gameid folder and no other files (enable view hidden files) besides cheat.plg,

I already enabled view hidden files.
There's only one cheat.plg per file...
For example, for Fire Emblem if, I have SD:/plugin/000400000012DE00/cheat.plg

When launching the .cia version, it still doesn't work... Green flash and then freeze and the 3ds screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"