Homebrew Not64 Update

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Can I use a GCN controller with Not64, or does it only work with a Wii Classic Controller?

You can use a GameCube controller. It will have rumble if the game is designed to have rumble. This is assuming you are plugging the controller in to the GameCube ports on the Wii.

To exit the game press x+y.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can use a GameCube controller. It will have rumble if the game is designed to have rumble. This is assuming you are plugging the controller in to the GameCube ports on the Wii.

To exit the game press x+y.

Many games it seems don't like the GCN controller -- Mario and Banjo Kazooie both do weird things, like stuttering or shortened jumps, making them unplayable. And with Diddy Kong Racing you can't even navigate the menus because the controls are screwed up. I don't have a Wii Classic Controller, but they're pretty cheap so I'll try that. Unfortunately those don't have rumble. :(

This emulator is still glitchy, isn't it? Conker froze on me in the intro movie, and Banjo Tooie putters along at half speed.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many games it seems don't like the GCN controller -- Mario and Banjo Kazooie both do weird things, like stuttering or shortened jumps, making them unplayable. And with Diddy Kong Racing you can't even navigate the menus because the controls are screwed up. I don't have a Wii Classic Controller, but they're pretty cheap so I'll try that. Unfortunately those don't have rumble. :(

This emulator is still glitchy, isn't it? Conker froze on me in the intro movie, and Banjo Tooie putters along at half speed.

There are games that have been fixed, as he was listed on the previous page (I think?) Did you go to the config settings and manually change the controller to where it said GC Pad instead of auto detect? You may have to report the bugs on GitHub, I'm sorry I couldn't be more help :(

The emulator still has a very long way to go.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There are games that have been fixed, as he was listed on the previous page (I think?) Did you go to the config settings and manually change the controller to where it said GC Pad instead of auto detect? You may have to report the bugs on GitHub, I'm sorry I couldn't be more help :(

The emulator still has a very long way to go.

Yeah, I did that. And for Banjo Tooie I had to change something in video settings.

I still want to get a Wii Classic Controller and see how that goes.

Do you think there's hope for this emulator, or is it kind of up against the limitations of the system at this point?

You've been a big help!! :)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I did that. And for Banjo Tooie I had to change something in video settings.

I still want to get a Wii Classic Controller and see how that goes.

Do you think there's hope for this emulator, or is it kind of up against the limitations of the system at this point?

There's always hope, because I never thought games like Banjo Kazooie would ever run full speed on a Wii, and sure enough, it does :P Goldeneye 007 runs almost at full speed, Mystical Ninja 64 boots up for the first time,
and many other games work pretty darn well. It's a matter of programmers finding the time to work on and improve the code, and Extrems seems to be quite the savvy programmer to work on it, I didn't expect
this to come out, and out of all the N64 emulators, this one is the best on Wii so far ^_^ I think there's a wiki entry, not sure, but if there is, I'm gonna help update it.

Reactions: DeezTits

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you on a Wii or vWii? The Wii U is plenty powerful enough to run the emu. At least in my experiences. Especially with this latest release. Just, trying to figure out a decent controller configuration :x

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by the_randomizer,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wait, you mean you can make the world appear normally instead of all white? Huh, weird. When I loaded a new game, it showed nothing but their models and then no textures for the ground, sky, water, it was all pure white :blink: I'll try that method tomorrow, I'll attempt to capture video :P
what i mean is manny games always need the setting FB textures set to ON did you never actualy used not64? lol manny games would get fixed like mario party flashing stuff and so on, go to the video settings turn fb textures ON then play the game lol.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what i mean is manny games always need the setting FB textures set to ON did you never actualy used not64? lol manny games would get fixed like mario party flashing stuff and so on, go to the video settings turn fb textures ON then play the game lol.
Are there games that don't require FB Textures ON?
Or to be more specific, games that break something with that setting ON?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay