Homebrew Not64 Update

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware Not64 supports the classic controller but not the Wii U Pro Controller. I'm also hoping for the GameCube adapter to work too since it can work in all the other emulators.

P.S. Is it possible to change the spinning logo in the menu? I like to change it to the classic N64 one rather than whichever one it's set at when you enter the menu. Minor knit pick.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone else have issues with conkers bad fur day? once u get past the gargoyle, in the next area the grafx just go haywire. all the textures get messed up. also off and on the audio will get messed up and sound like its being played in a staticy tin can. le tme know if anyone can verify these problems, thanks!

Last edited by seam,

HeavyMetalLoser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There doesn't seem to be any save/load state functions, unless I'm just dumb?
Also, it doesn't seem to save my settings. They reset to the defaults whenever I close the emulator.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There doesn't seem to be any save/load state functions, unless I'm just dumb?
Also, it doesn't seem to save my settings. They reset to the defaults whenever I close the emulator.

Odd, they should be there, I haven't used Wii64 in a long time (been using other emulators), as for it not saving the config, also unsure.

youre on here 24-7, can you verify this issue for me? (scroll up)
Never thought I'd see you asking me for help, heh :P I don't know for sure, I haven't played the game on this emulator; only emulators I know that has correct textures is PJ64 2.3 and Mupen64 2.x either using an LLE plugin or GlideN64, the game is not easy to emulate, but is possible. Sorry I can't be of more help. My only advice is to either file a GitHub report or maybe try to catch Extrems on his IRC channel and report it. Maybe get some video/screenshots to show when and where the issue occurs.

IRC name: Internet Relay Chat: #extremscorner on GameSurge

If you need me to help with testing ROMs, let me know.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd, they should be there, I haven't used Wii64 in a long time (been using other emulators), as for it not saving the config, also unsure.

Never thought I'd see you asking me for help, heh :P I don't know for sure, I haven't played the game on this emulator; only emulators I know that has correct textures is PJ64 2.3 and Mupen64 2.x either using an LLE plugin or GlideN64, the game is not easy to emulate, but is possible. Sorry I can't be of more help. My only advice is to either file a GitHub report or maybe try to catch Extrems on his IRC channel and report it. Maybe get some video/screenshots to show when and where the issue occurs.

IRC name: Internet Relay Chat: #extremscorner on GameSurge
lol god damnit. only ask cuz i imagine u must have a few minutes free time to verify. and ive heard of people completing the game on not64. so either they just endured the horrible graphic problems that start to occur after the first 10mins of the game or they lied. and every time i ask for verification on an issue about an emulator, almost nobody actually does it. and isnt that the entire point of these threads. verifying issues before reporting them? half the shit on the wiisx and wii64/not64 compatability list is incorrect.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
lol god damnit. only ask cuz i imagine u must have a few minutes free time to verify. and ive heard of people completing the game on not64. so either they just endured the horrible graphic problems that start to occur after the first 10mins of the game or they lied. and every time i ask for verification on an issue about an emulator, almost nobody actually does it. and isnt that the entire point of these threads. verifying issues before reporting them? half the shit on the wiisx and wii64/not64 compatability list is incorrect.
i have no graphic glitches, i played conker until like mid game and never had a awful graphic glitches just music slowing down and some frame drops and whatnot.

you sure you have a good rom?

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
i have no graphic glitches, i played conker until like mid game and never had a awful graphic glitches just music slowing down and some frame drops and whatnot.

I can confirm I have been playing conkers bad fur day and I'm half way through with only slowdowns here and there other than that fully playable just save frequently though as sometimes my Wii plays up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just barely woke up, and I went to bed after I replied to your inquiry; that being said, I don't know what to suggest other than trying another version of the ROM. Some games are unplayable though, like DK64 with its poking vertex issues and what have you. But I agree, there are a lot of discrepancies with the compat list.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Try my Not64 savegame, i had made progress (PAL) at around the 3rd chapter IIRC.

Btw, PAL Conker rom works better for me, NTSC one freezes at spots.

Attachments

• Conker PAL save.zip
    816 bytes · Views: 197
  • Conker NTSC save.zip
    997 bytes · Views: 216
Last edited by nakata6790,

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can confirm I have been playing conkers bad fur day and I'm half way through with only slowdowns here and there other than that fully playable just save frequently though as sometimes my Wii plays up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks. Then something must be wrong on my end i guess. Odd thing is, i tried versions of the rom and im using the correct settings.. so thats weird. guess I'll try a few more dumps of the game. Thanks again!

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks. Then something must be wrong on my end i guess. Odd thing is, i tried versions of the rom and im using the correct settings.. so thats weird. guess I'll try a few more dumps of the game. Thanks again!

Do you know if it worked properly in older builds? If another ROM doesn't work, try that next :P

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try my Not64 savegame, i had made progress (PAL) at around the 3rd chapter IIRC.

Btw, PAL Conker rom works better for me, NTSC one freezes at spots.
welp, still no luck on my end. can you tell me exactly which version of not64 you are using and the exact file name of your rom? thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, a mixture of that and herbert the pervert