Homebrew Not64 Update

ilikegoldengrahams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, bit of a newb here. I understand what to do with the two folders but what am I meant to do with not64.dol and source.patch that are in the folder?. Thanks and thanks again for keeping the work up on this emu :lol:

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, bit of a newb here. I understand what to do with the two folders but what am I meant to do with not64.dol and source.patch that are in the folder?. Thanks and thanks again for keeping the work up on this emu :lol:

You don't need the source.patch and the not64.dol to run not64 on your Wii. The "source.patch" is only needed if you build / compile not64 yourself and the "not64.dol" is for use on a GameCube console.

demonseed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tested NFL blitz.. it has greatly improved.. (you can now see players on the field!!) Still not playable yet.........the field changes to weird lines upon playing...keep working on it please.. it looks great

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
D
View attachment 13423
Has stages
Solo Missions
-Kakariko Village-> 0D - Dam
-Peach's Castle -> 0E - Facility
-Blue Resort -> 0F - Runway
-Forest Temple -> 10 - Surface 1
-Holiday Island -> 00 - Bunker 1

Multi levels
-Kakariko Village-> 12 - Temple
-Peach's Castle -> 0E - Facility
-Blue Resort -> 1A - Stack (setup from Stack, but bgfile and clipping from 14 - Citadel)
-Forest Temple -> 1E - Caves
-Holiday Island -> 1C - Library (setup from Library, but bgfile and clipping from 00 - Bunker 1)

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=278
Now that's something I need check out :lol:

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extrems Hybrid Heaven is still broken with the ladder climbing, could that ever be looked into or is the problem very hard to fix? I really don't want to have to swap interpreter cores every time I climb a ladder.
Honestly for anyone who owns a Wii U or plans to get one, i would just wait it out for decent N64/PSX emulation. Wii U homebrew is imminent at this point and its just around the corner, once we (general public) have access to the Wii U hardware, awesome homebrew will follow :). Between tricore development in the altered vWii state (coming eventually :P) and the cafeOS kernel exploit which isnt too far off, amazing stuff will ensue :). The Wii U just needs its full potential to be "unlocked" and the days until that happens are numbered :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly for anyone who owns a Wii U or plans to get one, i would just wait it out for decent N64/PSX emulation. Wii U homebrew is imminent at this point and its just around the corner, once we (general public) have access to the Wii U hardware, awesome homebrew will follow :). Between tricore development in the altered vWii state (coming eventually :P) and the cafeOS kernel exploit which isnt too far off, amazing stuff will ensue :). The Wii U just needs its full potential to be "unlocked" and the days until that happens are numbered :)

I know, I just remember that Extrems mentioned that the fix was easy enough, at a slight speed cost, but since there's a 25% speed increase, so the hack would be negligible. The game itself runs at full speed, heck, many games now run full speed, but if this error could be fixed, it would be awesome, that's all :P Not sure how long it would take to port Mupen 64 plus (which is thankfully open source) over to PPC architecture, or PCSX-reloaded, both of which are good candidates for emulators on the Wii U :P I was just hoping he would see the tagged post is all. People just simply need to port the x86 code over to PPC, hopefully there are those willing to do so.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Extrems

GameCube Wizard
Trophies
Website
www.extremscorner.org
XP
Country
Canada
I try not to respond to dumb nonsense.

BTW I remember a while back the devs for the UAE Amiga emulator added 240p support, and that increased speed dramatically. Wouldn't a similar thing be possible here? Assuming it isn't already rendering original resolution at 480i
SDL Wii is criminally unoptimized. However, an anti-aliased 240p mode was added for CRT users (VideoMode = 2).

Shadowman is freezing upon boot with this version, was working before.
Thanks for the heads up!

But then something else happened, when I tried to save state the game it completed successfully but then when I tried to load that same save state it crashed the entire emulator!!!
I had no idea anyone were using savestates.

did you ever happen to figure out the DK64 camera bug?
The "fix" cause the Sun to shine through solid walls.

One question, whats the best controller to use? original GC controller, or???
I've only given attention to GameCube controllers.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I didnt mean to offend, I'll shut up now. I didnt realize how rude I came across :(

SDL Wii is criminally unoptimized. However, an anti-aliased 240p mode was added for CRT users (VideoMode = 2).

Thanks for the heads up!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for the heads up!

Damn, then I guess my question about the Hyrbid Heaven ladder dynarec core issue was one of those dumb questions. My apologies, I probably should never bring it up again. I'll stop tagging you, I was hoping you could give some insight into the cause, if the issue can be resolved and at what cost. The game camera goes to hell with the dynarec core, interpreter has to be used, however, it must be done every time you climb a ladder, and the game has a crap load. That, and Mystical Ninja 64 crashes at new game. Maybe I shouldn't even bother to report bug issues on here.... :(

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
This interests me, is it not pointless to use aa in 240p? Do you know any other program that can do this? To me it sounds like a waste of resources just to get blur on the output. And might as well ask, you've said before that it's possible to achieve true 720x480 in homebrew; I know Not64 is using the 720 area but are they unique pixels or just scaling? Finally wouldn't 710 be more accurate to the n64?

Extrems

GameCube Wizard
Trophies
Website
www.extremscorner.org
XP
Country
Canada
Your software needs to be designed around supporting greater than 640x528 resolution.
Because of that, and as to not distort point-sampled UI elements, Not64 only renders at 640x480.

Following the standards, it should be 704x480, but I like to use 720x480 and it needs to be 720x480 on Wii U for correct aspect.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Some more feedback for Extrems and anyone else interested:

- Tested about 140+ N64 games from my collection. Most of these ones in the list/pic are performing from perfect to playable. Some like Jet Force Gemini, Banjo Tooie etc need FB textures=ON. Others have a slight lag in places but nothing too big.
1.PNG
Finally, graphic plugin issues can occur in games like Quake 2 (see through walls for enemies and objects), Pilotwings 64 (characters' shadows), OoT (sun), Majora's Mask (sky sometimes, e.g. on the second day), Diddy Kong Racing (water strobing), 007 TWINE (weapon and hand of Bond are mostly invisible), Banjo Kazooie (untextured spots on characters or walls) but they are certainly playable!
Full speed 100% games are Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Automobili Lamborghini, Banjo Kazooie, Aerogauge, BattleTanx - Global Assault, Cruis'n World, California Speed, Diddy Kong Racing, Doom 64, Micro Machines 64, Mortal Kombat 4, Star Fox 64, Wave Race 64, Turok 1, Turok Rage Wars.

From the NYW (not yet working) ones:
- Some games like Body Harvest, Space Station Silicon Valley, MRC - Multi Racing Championship, Off Road Challenge only show half the screen when playing (but full screen in menus). This also happened in Turok 3 (interpreter) but a quick switch to "hi-rez" on its' in game options make the game fullscreen.
- Turok 2 and Turok 3 were booting on Interepreter mode with previous version. Now they boot and are faster but reset or freeze after a while

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Has anyone tried to boot Conker? If I remember correctly,the latest version had the intro bootable but after that the game frozen. And for that,it required some specific settings which I cannot remember after so many months.Any progress on this?

tweakminded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the "solar glare" really intense? i feel like a slight glow behind walls would be less distracting than a camera that keeps resetting itself, at least for the time being.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!