North America gets Gamestop-exclusive Hylian Shield New 2DS XL

new-2ds-xl-hylian-shield-edition.jpg

Nintendo of America has revealed a new edition of their New 2DS XL system. Stylized with a deep purple-blue color of the Hylian Shield from the Legend of Zelda games, it features the Triforce and a Hylian crest. The handheld will be a GameStop exclusive, retailing for $159.99, and will come with The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds preinstalled. It'll be available on July 2.

Every legendary hero needs a shield, just like every legendary gamer needs a video game system that looks like a shield! like a shield! Launching exclusively in GameStop stores on July 2 at a suggested retail price of $159.99, the special edition New Nintendo 2DS XL Hylian Shield Edition system resembles Link’s iconic Hylian Shield from The Legend of Zelda series, and comes pre-loaded with the critically acclaimed adventure The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is a sequel to the beloved Super NES game The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. In this follow-up, Link must once again save the kingdom of Hyrule from an evil force by transforming into a living painting and crossing into a dark parallel world. Conquer puzzles, traps and hidden rooms of deadly dungeons to save both worlds from certain doom!

New Nintendo 2DS XL plays the entire library of Nintendo 3DS games in 2D. With two large screens and built-in amiibo support, it’s the ideal portable system for any type of gamer – especially ones looking to dive into The Legend of Zelda series for the first time.

:arrow: Source: Nintendo PR

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any news on if this new model is immune to Magnethax? I remember reading that only a new revision could potentially put a halt to the exploit. I've been out of the scene for a bit. Just curious.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Iam really dissapointed to when they discontinued the new 3ds XL. In terms of quality, 3ds is way superior than a 2ds xl. People thought that theyre better off getting the 2ds because it is cheaper and never used a 3d but in reality, they compromised on build quality and materials. It is evident in every parts of the 2ds you name it.
The buttons, the shell, the stylus, the speaker, the materials feel cheap, i met a lot of people with defective or broken screens (especially top screen) just because they placed it in their bag.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do most bundles come with pre installed games rather than the game card? :wtf:
Digital copy has a lot of benefits for nintendo. Physical game carts still costs them. Physical games can be resold. Physical games can be malfunctioning and returns will increase and a couple of others. At least for the end users, it helps bring down the asking price.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did Nintendo have too much stock leftover and decided to add a little design to sell their last units? I don't even think 3DS has anymore "real" games coming out again. Metacritic lists like nothing but a few shovelware titles up until late September.
Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story remake come out next year

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Any news on if this new model is immune to Magnethax? I remember reading that only a new revision could potentially put a halt to the exploit. I've been out of the scene for a bit. Just curious.
I dont think they would go as far as hardware revision for the 3ds line. If they would just focus on these issues, they would bring the scene back up and the interest of the public. Nintendo is just lazy.

Reactions: jastolze

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck, finally they come out with a N2DS design better than the original. I want it, but I don't think it's worth the hassle of trading in my current one.
Well, there was the Pokeball Edition, which I bought. But yeah, this one is sexy too (unfortunately). I am torn between loving this design, and hating Nintendo for releasing the same crappy console over and over again.

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version is the OFW? My daughter wants one and Gamestop still has them in stock.

11.06 OFW

Last edited by ISO-Man,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1