Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I picked up a PSP 3000 last niht at Target (black friday deal), it was running OFW 6.60 so I put LCFW 6.60 PRO-B10 on it. I think I have things figured out so far, gonna download an ISO soon and see if I can get that to work. But two homebrew games, Nethack and rRooter won't load. They give me the 8002014c error. Any idea why this is happening?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
They're older homebrew that require the 1.50 Kernel. I'm pretty sure rRootage has a compatible 3.xx and up kernel version (meaning it'd work on your PSP) but you'd need something like LEDA or eLoader to get Nethack to run.

Edit....actually scratch that....looks like Nethack PSP was ported out of the 1.50 kernel too...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What's your Memory Stick brand/size/is it Magic Gate compatible?/Is it an SD in an adapter?/Does it show Magic Gate status under options?

Some Memory Sticks refuse to launch certain apps correctly due to an ever so slight lag. The app thinks it's "incomplete" and boots vsh again while in fact it's just the MS lagging.

Had that problem with POPS among others.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See that's another thing I don't understand. How do you find out what kernel you are currently running?

Anyway, rRootage has separate eboots for 1.0 and 1.5 in the zip file. Nethack does not.

(also, if I read the readme's right, for example NetHack% (which has the eboot) and NetHack (which has all the save info) both go in \PSP\GAME? Is there a way, then, to hide the NetHack folder from the game list in XMB so it doesn't show up as "Corrupt File"?)

What's your Memory Stick brand/size/is it Magic Gate compatible?/Is it an SD in an adapter?/Does it show Magic Gate status under options?

Some Memory Sticks refuse to launch certain apps correctly due to an ever so slight lag. The app thinks it's "incomplete" and boots vsh again while in fact it's just the MS lagging.

Had that problem with POPS among others.

Lexar/4GB/Card says MagicGate and Mark2 on it. Info says MagicGate supported. Not an SD Adapter.

Turning on MemoryStick Speedup did nothing to resolve this.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
See that's another thing I don't understand. How do you find out what kernel you are currently running?

Anyway, rRootage has separate eboots for 1.0 and 1.5 in the zip file. Nethack does not.

(also, if I read the readme's right, for example NetHack% (which has the eboot) and NetHack (which has all the save info) both go in \PSP\GAME? Is there a way, then, to hide the NetHack folder from the game list in XMB so it doesn't show up as "Corrupt File"?)

Use the Game Categories plugin or a Homebrew Sorter to hide a certain file. To access it again use PSP Filer or Xplora2 (or any other shell replacement of your choice that supports browsing).

EDIT: Turn MS speed up off. That piece of no-good code never helped me with anything and caused more plugin problems then factual read speed-up.

I'd love to help you via means of "booting up the app on the exact same firmware to see what happens" but my PSP is currently out of reach, so all I can really tell you is that if it's not the MS, and it seems the MS is in order, this error is usually connected with mixing up files from GAME150 and GAME on early firmwares, so I'll wager that the revisions of software you downloaded are for earlier firmwares that your 300x doesn't particularily like OR a given app was not installed according to its guidelines.

Try downloading the same application from a different source, perhaps you'll find a different build.

onewinged_angel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Have you tried PSPBrew ?? Instead of using for example NetHack% and NetHack, you can merge them into a regular single folder eboot. I've tried this and worked like a charm...

Grtz
Owa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's what you get for putting your mouth at places it shouldn't be +1