Trophies
XP
Country
France
to play ISO from USB :

Connect your USB
Launch a USB loader
Put your disc in your Wii
Select Dump/copy/install (whatever the name in the loader you are using) to copy the Disc to an ISO format on your USB.

Done :D

Edit:
Oh, yeah, I forgot about the cIOS part first.
I assumed it was already fully softmoded with it.
Thanks Psyblade.

Killar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
to play ISO from USB :

Connect your USB
Launch a USB loader
Put your disc in your Wii
Select Dump/copy/install (whatever the name in the loader you are using) to copy the Disc to an ISO format on your USB.

Done :D

Edit:
Oh, yeah, I forgot about the cIOS part first.
I assumed it was already fully softmoded with it.
Thanks Psyblade.

Well actually i forgot to mention that im missing usb loader...
Can you guys recommend some guides about installing it or something?

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, I'm totally going to just do this considering the corrupt netflix channel or whatever (all i want is to be able to watch netflix on my wii ).
Do you know of any other download links for this software? The ones on the thread all link to this: http://www.theinternetvshollywood.com/

Also, thanks for all the help guys. I haven't been active on GBAtemp at all in the last few years and it is great to see that the community is as friendly and helpful as it was in my memory.
That tool is one of the tools on this page http://wiisixtyfour....-wii-nand-tools
good luck
Alright, got a clean install of 4.3u.
However, whenever I try to connect to the internet, I get: "WiiConnect24 Error Code: 110213."
I can't really find anything definitive from general googling around. Anything I can do?
Try running a system format (see here: http://gbatemp.net/topic/314789-wii-error-code-110213/)

I only can run wad manager and syscheck !!!!!!!!but i have to install priiloader...
Have you tried running the IOS 58 installer? What happens? Have you even tried re-downloading the priiloader installer to see if you got a bad download the first time?
I installed ios 58 with wad manager and now i can run usb loder gx..but icant run priiloader!!!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well actually i forgot to mention that im missing usb loader...
Can you guys recommend some guides about installing it or something?
If your Wii is not softmoded, not up to date or if you don't know:

First, you need to softmod your console in order to allow homebrew to access USB devices.
You can do that by installing ModMii (Windows program), answering questions (tell it you want to hack your Wii, your current version, etc.) and it will download all needed files and create a guide specific to your situation.

Then, put the files on your SD card and follow the guide to update the softmod on your wii (it's it's already up to date, it's ok too, it will cause no harm).

Modmii also has a step to install USB loaders (it will install a channel on your Wii which will try to load one of the USB loader).

If you Wii is already softmoded correctly:

In case it's already done, you don't need Modmii, you can just download a USB Loader and put it on your SD card.
Then launch it from the Homebrew Channel.

• Three main USB loader (you can find them in the stickied topics):
Config Loader
Wiiflow
USBLoader GX

there are other loaders, you can check the USBloader section of the forum, or the wiki.

Download one (or all, you can use all at the same time without problem, try them and decide the one you prefer).
copy the files on your SD card to:
SD:/apps/application name/boot.dol

If you don't have an SD card, you can also use your USB in FAT32.
USB:/apps/application name/boot.dol

for example:
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/icon.png
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/meta.xml

Killar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok, I installed USB loader GX, Cios using this tutorial, I hope it will end soon. I placed some games on my USB Silicon power luxmini 720 with WFSB manager (formatted and added to the flash). Next step: run usb loader gx(success) put USB(success) and play roms(fail). Window pops up telling me USB drive not installed. What should I do?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
use a fat32 partition instead of a wbfs one if you want to load roms for emulators

(Im guessing that you use a wbfs partition because thats the only type supported by wbfs manager afaik.
I suggest you use Wii Backup Manager - WBM instead. It supports wbfs, fat and ntfs)

Killar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
use a fat32 partition instead of a wbfs one if you want to load roms for emulators

(Im guessing that you use a wbfs partition because thats the only type supported by wbfs manager afaik.
I suggest you use Wii Backup Manager - WBM instead. It supports wbfs, fat and ntfs)
Since it's a noob paradise, I can assume that i'm completely confused. Actually, I need to play Wii games, like New super brothers Wii. I put it and Wii don't see it. at all.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Since it's a noob paradise, I can assume that i'm completely confused. Actually, I need to play Wii games, like New super brothers Wii. I put it and Wii don't see it. at all.
If you want to use FAT32 instead of wbfs (I would definitely recommend FAT32, then your computer can read and write to the drive, and you can use it for other apps) Follow this:
First you should format it to FAT32 (This will wipe everything on the drive):
Plug hard drive in to computer.
Go to My Computer, right click drive, choose format
For file system, choose FAT32
You can leave the quick format box checked
Press start, wait for it to finish.

Download Wii Backup Manager, extract it, then open it.
Click the drive 1 tab, select your hard drive from the drop down list.
Click on the files tab, add all the games you want.
Check the box beside the games you want to transfer
click transfer, choose drive 1, wait for it to finish.

You're done.

But I don't know if that will solve your problem. Are you sure the drive is plugged in to the correct USB port? Do you have multiple partitions on the drive? If so, your USB loader might be reading the wrong one. Click the settings button in USB loader GX, go to hard drive settings, and make sure the correct Game/Install Partition is selected.

Also, if you ever have to mod another Wii, or want to update/re-mod yours, just use ModMii. It will download everything, set up everything, and even generate a custom guide made exactly for your wii.

hemeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
question,
so i followed this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended...der-gx-including-dios-mios-emulated-nand.html

can install to the emulated nand and such but usbloader gx (although it see' my ntfs hardrive and knows its size) cant see the wii games on my harddrive.

so although it's nice and fancy and i can run games installed on the emulated nand it serves no purpose as it wont load the games on there.

wiiflow version: r348 though CAN see the ntfs harddrive and games but i dont like the gui plus it cant see the emunand games/apps.

so is there anyway to get usbloader gx to recognize my games on the harddrive ? as i prefer its gui over wiiflow.

usbloader gx version : 3.0 r1180

also the game on the harddrive is setup as 2 folders as this was just a test and i didnt know which way would work so i did this:
1st folder)made a "games" folder and put the folders/files that "DiscEx" created in that (monster hunter).
2nd folder)made a "wbfs" folder and put the file that "wii game manager" created in that (again monster hunter)

summary: usbloader gx wont see my wii games on my ntfs harddrive that wiiflow will. how can i fix this captain ?

edit: did search all i got was lots of unrelated posts

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
question,
so i followed this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended...der-gx-including-dios-mios-emulated-nand.html

can install to the emulated nand and such but usbloader gx (although it see' my ntfs hardrive and knows its size) cant see the wii games on my harddrive.

so although it's nice and fancy and i can run games installed on the emulated nand it serves no purpose as it wont load the games on there.

wiiflow version: r348 though CAN see the ntfs harddrive and games but i dont like the gui plus it cant see the emunand games/apps.

so is there anyway to get usbloader gx to recognize my games on the harddrive ? as i prefer its gui over wiiflow.

usbloader gx version : 3.0 r1180

also the game on the harddrive is setup as 2 folders as this was just a test and i didnt know which way would work so i did this:
1st folder)made a "games" folder and put the folders/files that "DiscEx" created in that (monster hunter).
2nd folder)made a "wbfs" folder and put the file that "wii game manager" created in that (again monster hunter)

summary: usbloader gx wont see my wii games on my ntfs harddrive that wiiflow will. how can i fix this captain ?

edit: did search all i got was lots of unrelated posts
Try using Wii Backup Manager instead of Wii game manager. Not sure if it will help, but its worth a shot:

First remove the wbfs folder from your drive, just so that you can start clean.
Now Download the program, extract it, then open it.
Click the drive 1 tab, select your hard drive from the drop down list.
Click on the files tab, add all the games you want.
Check the box beside the games you want to transfer
Click transfer, choose drive 1, wait for it to finish.

Now see if USB loader GX can see them

Reactions: hemeny

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In Wii Backup Manager, you can go to the Settings > FAT32/NTFS tab.
There, you will find "Naming Style" menu.

USBLoaderGX is not working with "wbfs/GAMEID/GAMEID.wbfs" *
So, you can select any other naming convention, instead of "ID"
The most commonly used is : "Title [GameID]"
Which will look like this:

x:\wbfs\Zelda Skyward Sword [SOUP01]\SOUP01.wbfs

If you already have a wbfs folder full of games, but in incorrect folder name, or filename, WiiBackupManager can rename them for you in an instant:
Go to Settings > FAT32/NTFS > Select the naming convention you want > Check "Automatically update Storage Convention when drive is mounted" > OK

Now, mount your HDD partition in the "Drive1" tab. all game's path will be fixed and GX will see your games :)

* We created the subfolder system because it was hard to understand which game the gameID referred to "SOUP01.wbfs" was not easy to understand it was Zelda.
So, making a subfolder "Zelda" was easier : wbfs/zelda/SOUP01.wbfs

Making a subfolder with only the gameID is not helping, you still don't know which game it is.
wbfs/SOUP01.wbfs
or
wbfs/SOUP01/
has the exact same problem for human-reading, that's why it's not useful and not implemented in GX.
If you want to use only the gameID, don't use subfolders.
GX is (should be) working without subfolders.

Reactions: hemeny

hr21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all, i have a wii softmodded and mainly play some wii games on it,

but i want to expand to gamecube/ wii vc and wiiware games.

I've searched a lot on google for a good guide on how to do each, but most seem years old and I keep finding contradictory evidence.

i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on how to get the games running properly. i'd really appreciate it.

thanks

wrsg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 work on emunands? It freezes at the scam warning. I need to use it on emunand to switch region on the emunand, and to do this I need to use HBC to get to the app (unless there's another way I don't know about).

Running neek2o rev 88 from a USB drive.

Lualis

Trophies
XP
Country
I have many Gamecube .ISO but I can't seem to get any further than that. (I have Gotten gcm files to work in something called "DML Lizard" but I rarely come across them)

I want to play them in "USB LOADER GX"

Edit: I have Dios Mios on and working I was just stuck on the .iso files

Edit: My games are stuck in .rar format

Edit: Cyan where can I find that USB loader GX 1203 revision. I couldn't Find It

Edit: I got everything working Thanks for Your help.

Overseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have many Gamecube .ISO but I can't seem to get any further than that. (I have Gotten gcm files to work in something called "DML Lizard" but I rarely come across them)

I want to play them in "USB LOADER GX"
First of all do you have Dios Mios or Dios Mios Lite installed? If not, go grab the wad from the project page and install. DM = USB, DML = SD.

Games must be in a folder named "Games" with the ISO named game.iso in a folder of its own named by the game ID - this can also be done using to DM Toolbox, also on the DM project page. For example:

x:\games\GALP01\game.iso (for PAL Super Smash Bros Melee)

Then you have to make sure that you have the correct directories set up in USB Loader GX and that you have MIOS selected under Gamecube mode.

Easy peasy!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And you need USB Loader GX revision 1203 (not v3.0 r1180!)
There are newer beta version released after the official/stable 3.0
Go to the USBGX stickied topic on this forum, near the last page of the topic you will find a link to r1203.
extract the boot.dol which is located inside the IOS249 folder in the zip, to your SD or USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
Launch it from the homebrew channel or the forwarder.

hemeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try using Wii Backup Manager instead of Wii game manager. Not sure if it will help, but its worth a[...]
thanks appreciate the reply.

[...]* We created the subfolder system because it was hard to understand which game the gameID referred to "SOUP01.wbfs" was not easy to understand it was Zelda.
So, making a subfolder "Zelda" was easier : wbfs/zelda/SOUP01.wbfs

Making a subfolder with only the gameID is not helping, you still don't know which game it is.
wbfs/SOUP01.wbfs
or
wbfs/SOUP01/
has the exact same problem for human-reading, that's why it's not useful and not implemented in GX.
If you want to use only the gameID, don't use subfolders.
GX is (should be) working without subfolders.

thanks alot cyan i appreciate the help im testing it out now i will edit this post if i succeed or fail.
and i understand what you're getting at, i actually was annoyed at that fact that i couldnt name the .wbfs/.iso files whatever i wanted. so i actually had the "game manager" export the file names to a .csv/excel sheet so i would know which file was which. but this way seems much better.

(btw i wasnt using subfolders exactly all i had was a WBFS folder [X:/WBFS/] and the games in there. maybe you're saying i had to have the games in the root of the ntfs drive ? that would just be too messy i like to keep my EHD clean and sorted.)

=====EDIT====
thank you cyan and person66, i did what cyan told me didn't delete the whole folder, didnt seem to work so i connected my EHD to the laptop and it was "corrupted" so just repaired it attached it back onto the wii and it worked. so many thanks to you both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?